Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

PFA: Player of The Year Round 2. Votes 2019.
Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

So i had a look at Round 1 voting plus some other areas narrow down the list. Premier League POTY 2019.

Your POTY Round 2:

There are twelve choices, hopefully can narrow it down. (Round 3)

Comments
Ledley 5 years ago

Hmmm. Do we need a round three. Im thinking not. But maybe the tribe has spoken!

• Writers player of the year (official) : Virgil Van Dijk.
  • PFA Player of the year (official): Virigl Van Dijk.
  • Footyroom Player of the Year (Rnd 2): VVD

If you would like a round 3, I can post it up. It would be between VVD, Sterling and 3rd player. Otherwise I don't think it is necessary at this stage.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I'm glad no one voted for Paul Pogba.

He needs some reality check and some brutal truth to find his class back.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@tuan Yeah, Pogba was doing pretty okay after Mou got fired but since Ole got the contract... Not so much. Van Djik was way more consistent over the season. Also, I doubt this will serve as a wake up call for Pogba.

Ledley 5 years ago

@Emo @Tj

I made a mistake with the Writers Player of the year:

Sterling won that. Also winning the young POTY.
I think 💭 I confused this with VVD winning the BBC online POTY poll which I think was by 56% Van Dijk, Sterling 26% and Son HM with about 6%.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48077472

There was also a MOTD Pundits vote in which 21 pundits working at Beebs also cast their own seperate vote 1. VVD 2.Sterling
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47981729

Twenty-one pundits - Alan Shearer, Ian Wright, Alex Scott, Paul Ince, Phil Neville, Jermaine Jenas, Rachel Brown-Finnis, Stephen Warnock, Chris Sutton, Pat Nevin, Danny Mills, Mark Lawrenson, Martin Keown, Danny Murphy, Chris Waddle, Leon Osman, Sue Smith, Joleon Lescott, Mark Schwarzer, Matthew Upson and Kevin Kilbane voted.

Awards

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Crazy that Pogba is the only non City or Liverpool player who made it in the PFA team of the year! :O Just show the difference between City/Liverpool and the rest of the Big Six.

And Marcus right, Eden Hazard had 13 MOTM award, has scored 16 of the 60 Chelsea goal scored this season which is a contribution of 27% percent of his teams goals, making him the third most important player in term of goalscoring after Vardy and Aubameyang and thats without taking his 13 assist (nobody has more as of now) into consideration. Seem a bit unfair to me he didn't get into the team of the season over Mane. :(

Ledley 5 years ago

I thought Mane stood up when Salah wasn't scoring. That was my opinion though. Tough to fit Eden and everyone in though Emo.

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

PFA Comedy team of the year:

Hart
mustafi  jones  solbamba  young  
    xhaka  jorginho  pogba
          mkhitaryan
       Higuain   Lukaku
Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Thank you Emo for going extra mile and reaserch it because we have members here who talk the talk but can't walk the walk.

It isn't tough to fit Eden. Just pull Mane out.

And Pogba? hahah wtf is he doing there?

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Marcus Ledley is talking about the poll he did. But thanks for the compliment man. :D And yeah, I agree Pog shouldn't be there, probably only there because of the amount of goal he scored. Sadly, what they forget when taking his goal into consideration is that 7 of them are from pen. :(

@Ledley Yeah, don't touch it, sadly, poll can't be modified without losing the vote. :(

@thebaldgenius Ok but which Hart is it as goalkeeper? The funny one or the one that is bad at football?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Marcus Ledley is talking about the poll he did. But thanks for the compliment man. :D And yeah, I agree Pog shouldn't be there, probably only there because of the amount of goal he scored. Sadly, what they forget when taking his goal into consideration is that 7 of them are from pen. :(

@Ledley Yeah, don't touch it, sadly, poll can't be modified without losing the vote. :(