Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

PFA Team of the Season 17/18
Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Just when I saw that it was being announced I made my prediction, and it was the same except I had Sterling instead of Eriksen, and was unsure of who to put at LB.

Your thoughts?

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Eden17 I'm suprised to see Alonso there but still glad, he is a good player and its true he haven't as much competition as one could have expect. What with Mendy being injured and some other team relying too much on older player (Milner, Young, Monreal). Only other player who might have gotten a shot here is Davies but between the two, I still take Alonso. I also agree I was kind of expecting to see Sterling here but Eriksen does deserve a spot especially considering his recent form, been carrying Spurs lately with Kane.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Yeah, I didn't know who should get the nod at LB. I initially thought Danilo, but it turns out he's only played 20 or so games. Robertson has been great but only broke into the first team recently. Young has had a few good moments and Davies has been decent. I think the selectors were probably swayed by Alonso's freekicks and goals if anything.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Eden Just a tough position to judge I guess, nobody had a really impressive season so I guess you are right, its propably his goals that made him selected. Anyway, I won't complain. Its true he had a good season. :)

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

sorry eden just saw this, I made another post lol :p

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

In my opinion Fernandihno should be in there. He was key.to City all season long. Agüero has had a regular season so I don't understand why he got picked. Sterling/Sane were better.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

otamendi over burnley defenders are also questionable ones. besides LB position, I think it looks alright.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

@rain

Agreed on all counts. Otamedni is also a massive lul. I don't like Alonso there, but I also hate his guts, so that may be part of it. My impression was that Chelsea supporters were not happy with him defensively, but I guess score a few cool free kicks makes it all better.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Sunflash You don't like Alonso anywhere to be fair. XD But I don't know, I didn't hear that much complain about him recently. Courtois have been much more frustating for them this season anyway.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Sunflash You don't like Alonso anywhere to be fair. XD But I don't know, I didn't that much complain about him recently. Courtois have been much more frustating for them this season anyway.

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

I would have liked to have seen Kante there, perhaps instead of Eriksen, because he has had a solid season, and just keeps on getting better. But I guess I'm biased, and also haven't watched many of Spurs games.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Legend16 Eriksen deserve to be there in all fairness, he is responsible on more than 20 goals in this season (goal and assist) and was brillant in other area as well, creating occassion and delivering key pass very often. If Spurs are less lethal without Kane, its fair to say they are also much less creative without Eriksen.

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

@Emo Ok, fair enough.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@legends16 To be fair, I have no doubt Kante would have propably also deserved a spot but defensive midfielder alway get less credit than attacking minded one. :(

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Azpilicueta ?

Chelsea FC 157 4232

@tiki

Azpilicueta over Vertonghen seems fair but given how Spurs are above us on the table, and with fewer goals conceded, I can't really complain.