Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Poch to take up the Man Utd job?
srk_rox 5 years ago Edited
Liverpool 5 542

It all started with Gary Neville speculating that Pochettino was the right man to manage Man Utd out of the present crisis.
Then Jamie Carragher went on to write a journal for the Telegraph approving as to why Poch was the best choice.

Share your thoughts.. is Poch the man for the job?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It all started with Gary Neville speculating that Pochettino was the right man to manage Man Utd out of the present crisis.
Then Jamie Carragher went on to write a journal for the Telegraph approving as to why Poch was the best choice.

I forgot to add the question mark at the end in the title section. Mods may edit it.

Comments
srk_rox 5 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

I was infuriated with Jamie. He and Gary speak about respect in football all the time. But, Jamie now is crossing the moral lines and pushing for an agenda that could be disastrous for the club and it's fans (Spurs).

My thoughts as to why Poch leaving Spurs for Man Utd will be a bad idea on his part:-
He has already built a fairly competitive squad which is reaching its peak. The players are all coming of age to achieve. Everything seems to be working out well.

Just wait for the stadium completion. The club would be able to pool the funds required for transfer market. Poch waited for 5 years. Wait for 6 more months.

More importantly, Spurs squad are stable. Man Utd squad needs improvements. Rebuilding takes up a lot of time and energy for a manager.

There are few things that club owners need to look after:-
I remember Harry Kane being unhappy with his weekly wages and threatening to leave the club.
Poch addressed the media expressing his unhappiness about transfers. If money is seriously an issue for Spurs, no one can prevent the inevitable

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

Poch should just stay with Spurs, speaking outside of rivalries and Chelsea googles this football project is great. Spurs have real potential and should just keep trying for glory, its a similar situation to Liverpool if you ask me. Both have good managers, good squads and no trophies yet. The only difference is that Liverpool just spent a little bit more.

He should finish his cycle with Spurs then go for a job like UTD with such toxic environment and media poison.

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

Poch still has his project at spurs. Maybe in a few years time

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

We've already brought McKenna from Spurs, who's been phenomenal with our youths. Poch would make a great manager for us. I'm a big admirer!

liomessi10 5 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

massive downgrade. like going from Barcelona to ceta Vigo! Why would he do that?!!

srk_rox 5 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

@leo. Nah.. it will be a massive upgrade considering how big the club, Man Utd is.
Tottenham will always be Tottenham, starting it with no disrespect.. always a selling club and will make those smart purchases. He is doing what Klopp did with Dortmund, but with the difference that he is doing this in competitive EPL makes it much more special.

@Joze. Yup. Agreed. Spurs always seem to be improving every year, but just falls shot of trophies. Let Poch complete his project. He would be the 'first Poch'
to win trophies with a net spend of 30M in English football

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

massive downgrade. like going from Barcelona to ceta Vigo! Why would he do that?!!

how?

srk_rox 5 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

Graham Roberts mirroring my thoughts in twitter. Directly pings Jamie and Gary for clarifications as to why Spurs and Poch are spoken more than Man Utd.

Can I ask one thing
@GNev2
@Carra23
today that I hear about my football team and not man united for four hours and them wanting our manager. We are above them in the League and fighting for more important things than them currently.
@SkySportsPL
@SkySportsNews

I enjoyed their punditry sessions, no doubt. But, it has crossed the dates. Why don't they take up some managerial jobs, for god's sake?

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11426

Lol, I love how everyone assume its a better job to manage Manchester United than to manage Tottenham. Because of the history, because of the money or maybe its because of the attitude? It certainly not a question of player quality, as Tottenham got amazing player like Kane, Eriksen and Alli just to name a few. Nah, I think Poch should keep at it at Spurs, not saying he couldn't do good at United but it would feel weird to see him give up on his project with Spurs. It will take something special to convince him.

Comparing Spurs to Barca and United to Celta Vigo? I really don't think it work. :P

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Lol, I love how everyone assume its a better job to manage Manchester United than to manage Tottenham. Because of the history, because of the money or maybe its because of the attitude? It certainly not a question of player quality, as Tottenham got amazing player like Kane, Eriksen and Alli just to name a few. Nah, I think Poch should keep at it at Spurs, not saying he couldn't do good at United but it would feel weird to see him give up on his project with Spurs. It will take something special to convince him.

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

He actually refused Madrid’s job, with quality squad and hit weather, he already coached in la liga in Espagnol Barcelona. The moment he refused that offer I understood he is going nowhere right now. And it’s clearly understandable, Spurs are in constant progression as a club with the new stadium available next year and a squad made by the coach style. He still has all his jokers there as he never disappointed making Spurs in the big four regularly. I guess his family is well established at London eaither way he would have gone to the City of Madrid.

I think he is making the right choice, lopotegui destroyed his career by quiting Spanish NT for Madrid, he lasted 3 months. Poch can miss 2 seasons at Spurs before being sacked so why leave now specially without winning silverwares while he did all the job for years...

JAZIAT 5 years ago
0 2

Tottenham will always be Tottenham, starting it with no disrespect.. always a selling club and will make those smart purchases. He is doing what Klopp did with Dortmund, but with the difference that he is doing this in competitive EPL makes it much more special.

DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

If Ole continues his run, it might be hard to count him out at taking the role fulltime, but that's another topic.

My fav EPL team is United so of course I would love to see Poch make his way, given what he has done with the Spurs. They play attractive, attacking football, and he is great at developing players.

I still think he should stay at Spurs though. He has done so much and really have moved the club in a great position to challenge in Europe. I would prefer he see things through.

I would not be mad at him going to United however. :)