Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Portugal vs Spain Pre and Post Talk
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

So, World Cup begin tomorrow but its the day after that that we will have one of the most interesting game in the group stage, I'm obviously speaking of Portugal vs Spain. Its will no doubt be very interesting to see Ronaldo play against Ramos and Isco. It will also be interesting to see what happen now that Spain lost their manager only 2 day before their first game. What do you guys look foward the most in this game? What do you predict will happen? I personally think its going to be a draw, 1-1 propably.

What about you though?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, World Cup begin tomorrow but its the day after that that we will have one of the most interesting game in the group stage, I'm obviously speaking of Portugal vs Spain. Its obviously will be very interesting to see Ronaldo play against Ramos and Isco. It will also be interesting to see what happen now that Spain lost their manager only 2 day before their first game. What do you guys look foward the most in this game? What do you predict will happen? I personally think its going to be a draw, 1-1 propably.

What about you though?

Comments
Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Spain will have to show their unity as a team in the midst of Lopetegui's dismissal. Portugal should have the psychological edge.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Dynastian At the very least, they should. Wonder if this will give them momentum though. Just hoping they don't take Spain lightly either, I'm hoping for a good game here. :) By the way Dynast, as a Real fan, where do you preference lies? CR7 or Ramos, Isco and Carvajal? I'm curious to know if you don't mind.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

A narrow Spain win should be likely.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Despite the odds, Spain are filled with experience and talent, which I frankly think they can still be a threat in this tournament. I'm going for a Spain win here, only because I don't have any Portuguese (but Spain) players on my World Cup fantasy team ;p

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@iHEARTfootball Yeah, same thing for me mate. ;)

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Leaning towards Portugal but it's gonna be very close

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

it's time from the likes of ramos iniesta pique to take charge and voice out more as 2010 senior champions

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Well I’m extremely lucky not to make huge bet on Spain’s WC win but my fun bet is in trouble. Florentino Perez, Lopotegui and his agent just « Hara-kiri »ed themselves by egoistical decision.
Still think Spanish players can activate automatic drive mode, they will need smooth coaching but not in groupstage.
Spain to win, 2 goals margin.

Fact : current unbeaten streaks :
Spain 20
Belgium 19
Morocco 18
Danemark and Peru 15

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Feel like it will be very close until some 85' header from Portugal to make it 1-1 or something.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Croatian Seem pretty legit. XD

@tiki Damn, Spain have been pretty good in recent games. :O

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Emo yep they are impressive.
What a goal from Costa !

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Amazing first half from Ronaldo, every touch was meaningful. Looked for the penalty intelligently, then dealt with counters perfectly, almost assisting Guedes. Then scoring the second. MoTFH

538 11426

It was a great game to watch, really exciting, Ronaldo was incredible and he clearly put his winning boots on! Would have love to see you guys on the chat as well but then again, it was such a good game, that it would have felt bad not to have been 100% focused.

Only negative for me is that I feel Spain did too many mistake (Nacho on the pen, Pique on the third goal) and that people might argue Diego Costa first goal should have been cancelled because it look like he faulted Pepe. Still, other than that, it was one of the best game I saw in a while. :D

• History

It was a great game to watch, really exciting, Ronaldo was incredible and he clearly put his winning boots on! Would have love to see you guys on the chat as well but then again, it was such a good game, that it would have felt bad not to have been 100% focused.

Only negative for me is that I feel Spain did too many mistake (Nacho on the pen, Pique on the second goal) and that people might argue Diego Costa first goal should have been cancelled because it look like he faulted Pepe.Still, other than that, it was one of the best game I saw in a while. :D

Only negative for me is that I feel Spain did too many mistake (Nacho on the pen, Pique on the second goal) and that people might argue Diego Costa first goal should have been cancelled because it look like he faulted Pepe. Still, other than that, it was one of the best game I saw in a while. :D

ramaboy10 6 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@Emo there was no fault on Pepe, he got grazed on his chin/neck and started clutching his eyes like he'd been attacked with acid.

Brilliant from Ronaldo, and slightly sloppy from Spain. I'm happy Spain are playing good fluid football again, their last World Cup was shocking. Still wasn't enough to stop CR7 though, and tbh I don't know what will :P I think a team with a very solid defense will stop him - which is probably only Germany - so this should be very interesting

Dynastian98 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Pique's foul was a bit iffy, but Nacho should definitely know better. He literally plays against Ronaldo every day in training, and should not have fouled him there.

The talking point of the match might be Ronaldo's incredible hat-trick, but let's not forget that Isco and David Silva played fantastic.

BTW, the BBC commentators mentioned this: Ronaldo's hat-trick is the 51st hat-trick in World Cup history.... and also the 51st hat-trick in Cristiano Ronaldo's career. Insane, but this is what we have come to expect from an all-time great. I hope Portugal don't mess this great start up against Iran or Morocco and make this tournament a very meaningful one for them.

• History

Pique's foul was a bit iffy, but Nacho should definitely know better. He literally plays against Ronaldo every day in training, and should not have fouled him there.

The talking point of the match might be Ronaldo's incredible hat-trick, but let's not forget that Isco and David Silva played fantastic.

BTW, the BBC commentators mentioned this: Ronaldo's hat-trick is the 51st hat-trick in World Cup history.... and also the 51st hat-trick in Cristiano Ronaldo's career. Insane.

538 11426

@ramaboy I completely agree about Pepe but believe me when I say there is those that won't.

@Dynastian I love how the star seem set to fit with Ronaldo agenda. 51st hat-trick in both World Cup history and his own personaly career, how crazy is that!

Also, was I the only one dissapointed by De Gea? Could have done better on the second and maybe even the third goal, no? Anyway, doesn't take away from CR7, he was incredible today. And so was Isco, Costa and Silva.

• History

@ramaboy I completely agree about Pepe but believe me when I say there is those that won't.

Pupper 6 years ago
Juventus 0 214

De Gea probably suffered a concussion on the 2nd goal..

ChelseaRox10 6 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

Such an entertaining match! Will go down as one of the great World Cup matches. Amazing performances from Costa, Ronaldo and the likes of Isco.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Pupper I heard Ramos elbowed him when the camera weren't showing them. XD

@ChelseaRox Yeah, it was certainly one of the great match, propably one of my new favorite World Cup game as well. It was quite simply beautifull. By the way, its an honor to have a veteran like you with us today. Respect sir! ;)

Pupper 6 years ago
Juventus 0 214

@Emo And Pepe ;)