Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Portugal vs Spain Pre and Post Talk
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

So, World Cup begin tomorrow but its the day after that that we will have one of the most interesting game in the group stage, I'm obviously speaking of Portugal vs Spain. Its will no doubt be very interesting to see Ronaldo play against Ramos and Isco. It will also be interesting to see what happen now that Spain lost their manager only 2 day before their first game. What do you guys look foward the most in this game? What do you predict will happen? I personally think its going to be a draw, 1-1 propably.

What about you though?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, World Cup begin tomorrow but its the day after that that we will have one of the most interesting game in the group stage, I'm obviously speaking of Portugal vs Spain. Its obviously will be very interesting to see Ronaldo play against Ramos and Isco. It will also be interesting to see what happen now that Spain lost their manager only 2 day before their first game. What do you guys look foward the most in this game? What do you predict will happen? I personally think its going to be a draw, 1-1 propably.

What about you though?

Comments
amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Don't forget Pique guys

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Pique made a single mistake and to be fair, it wasn't really such a bad one. It was the area in which he did the fault who punished them. As for Pepe, I thought his performance was consistant with his recent form. He's isn't getting any younger to be sincere.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

that freekick tho, david james flashback

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

It is still early but I think this game will be one of the best of the touranmanet. Amazing performance from Ronaldo and Karius like performance from De Gea. Spain tactically hasn’t suffered after loosing manager so early into the tournament.

Diego Costa has put on a world class performance of a striker and proves once again that if we had him we would had much better season. Bravo for both teams, they have shown lively performance for the spectators.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768
  • there is a reason DDG is not top 3 in the world for me : error prone.
  • Diego Costa substitution is really stupid coaching : the guy has fresh legs and was in big form it’s like subbing Ronaldo in this game...
  • Ronaldo should try to shoot more worked Fks curving them rather than his knuckle shot. Chirurgical shot.
  • Morocco loss is a good thing for Portugal, highway to round of 16.
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Marcus Yeah, Diego Costa is under-rated, his first goal was a thing of beauty and even when he doesn't pull this kind of solo move, he get the job done. I really think what Conte did at Chelsea was incredible but sending Costa away like he did was one heck of a mistake personally.

@tiki Thats the thing, nowaday, at the club level, he rarely ever (pretty much never) does a mistake like that. On the contrary, he saved a lot of goal that he technically shouldn't have even been able to save. For me it make no sense, but it seem to me like he is under performing when playing for Spain, could it be because of the different play style between United and Spain national team? Anyway, I know certain keeper who are way more error prone than him anyway.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@emo Sure, but I have some of his errors in mind, maybe it’s unlucky each time I watch one of his lately he does one, still have an error Vs Everton and his National performances aren’t impressive eaither. He is on My top 5 tho, I still rate Oblak, Neuer and Ter Stegen over him, Buffon declining...

What’s amazing about Ronaldo, you see Semifinals and CL final you think he is on decline then he does this ! It’s getting ridiculous this guy lied on his age or something...bluffing.

Madrid were on the fact they won’t give him the Contract he wanted, now if he starts doing these CR7 of 2012 performances, Perez will hang himself...

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

truth to be told, de gea is lucky this is still group stage. if it's semifinal, all hell broke loose.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

You guys have covered most of it so I'll just drop this in here.... Alonso would've scored that Silva freekick :P

And despite Nacho's goal, how does he start over Azpi???

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Spain outplayed Portugal who were very lucky for this result. not to take anything from ronaldo, to score a hatrick against spain is insane

I agree with Tiki, Wtf why replace Costa With Aspas, Should have thrown Asensio in midfield and left costa, his speed could have made the difference against a clearly fading Portugal

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

truth to be told, de gea is lucky this is still group stage. if it's semifinal, all hell broke loose.

Not even once have I seen him perform as well as he does in club football through the international stages. That mistake for the second (goal) looks to be a start of a mental breakdown for the poor lad. I would consider changing goalkeepers in the next match, if I was Hiero.

• History

Not even once have I seen him perform as well as he does in club football through the international stages. That mistake for the second looks to be a start of a mental breakdown for the poor lad. I would consider changing goalkeepers in the next match, if I was Hiero.

bluezz 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea 14 724

my takes.

1.knew costa would be banging in goals knew we would suffer after he left, when he got subbed i got so pissed like WHY???
2.pepe embarrassed himself when he went down clutching his face.
3.fair play to ronaldo.
4.never rated de gea, camera keeper.
5 other than his superbly taken goal, nacho had a terrible game.
6 HOW IS INIESTA STILL PLAYING LIKE THAT AT THAT AGE?

good game overall.

• History

my takes.

1.knew costa would be banging in goals knew we would suffer after he left, when he got subbed i got so pissed like WHY???
2.pepe embarrassed himself when he went down clutching his face.
3.fair play to ronaldo.
4.never rated de gea, camera keeper.

1. other than his superbly taken goal, nacho had a terrible game.
  2. HOW IS INIESTA STILL PLAYING LIKE THAT AT THAT AGE?

good game overall.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

After this hattrick performance CR7 is 100% in the G.O.A.T. list right there comparable to Pele/Maradona.
Insane performance, oldest player to get a hattrick in the world cup and the first player to score in 8 consecutive major tournaments, a freak that European football didn't see before.

The real Ronaldo, Cristiano.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

never rated de gea, camera keeper.

What?

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Ronaldo is insane, I'm more of a Messi fan but the commentator of BBC said something amazing, here it is

WC history hat tricks - 51
Ronaldo career hat tricks - 51

This guy played super great yesterday

I don't think taking Costa off was a bad idea, but putting Aspas was the bad thing. I personally would have added another midfielder like Asensio.

Eden17Hazard17

And despite Nacho's goal, how does he start over Azpi???

I guess it's simply because for Real Madrid, he can play anywhere across the backline, if someone gets injured he's the first replacement automatically. As for Azpi, he hasn't played there in ages. There's also Ordanizola, who also has a higher chance than Azpillicuta. He was starting the friendlies before the opener, i think if the manager didn't change, he would have played.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Wait, what? Did I miss something? I thought Nacho had good game. Although he is CB, he brought what Spain would expect with Carvajal or Odriozola in attacking phase, he even dribbled, and scored a volley. Didn't make any bigger defensive mistake except that bit naive penalty (which is fault by whole defence).

How is De Gea camera keeper lol?

bluezz 6 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

guys read it in a sarcastic tone lol was making a joke ffs. The "never rated", "always rated" is a meme on football twitter.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Amir_keal I should have putted Azpi in my fantasy team. :(