Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Practicing and Improving in Football
man_utd 12 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

The new football season in my school is about to start and I want to practice and get ready for it.
The position I play is central attacking midfielder. I was wondering how many miles I should run every day to have good stamina for the matches cuz i dont have the best stamina. The matches are 60 minutes long and I guess it's a little competitive and there are high-tempo matches. How many miles would you expect to run in a 60 minute match.
Btw, the formation of our team is 4-3-3
Also what attributes should I work on. 
Passing
Vision
Shooting
Awareness
etc...
If you guys yourselves play/played football, and were central midfielders, what were the essential necessities of being one. Thx.

Comments
Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Dammit, I played Right/Left back for my school for the past 5 years, really wish I could help you but too bad you were asking for central midfielders only...but I'll give you my ideas if you don't mind.

Since your formation is 4-3-3, you're a central midfielder, and you have 3 strikers up front, you should definitely have good vision. I think awareness and vision both connect; if you have good vision, you obviously have good awareness of who you'll be passing the ball to. Also, if the games aren't that competitive, then I wouldn't bother training for stamina. However, midfielders have to run back and forth all the time throughout the match, so you're probably gonna have to have the most stamina in your team if you're playing midfield for the whole of the season.

I remember running around the field every week during our training sessions, because I lacked stamina as well, but my aggressive style of football has helped me make big contributions for my team, so it was fine.

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

remember one thing > midfielders cover the maximum ground in a match , from defensive role to an attacking role depending on where the ball is on the field!!

4-3-3 : with everything required ... the most required is vision and awareness...... 3 forwards mean that you need vision to see their position and pass the ball ..... also this formation demands a lot of long passes ..... also with 3 midfielders and 3 attackers the midfielders main objective is to cover the midfield by keeping involved in passing the ball(sometimes a forward may drop to a midfield role temporarily for creating passes). As 3 forwards are there which doesnt require the mids to assume a attacking mid position when u r attacking..... In short .... 4-3-3 is a classic formation where players dont switch/change roles often coz this is a versatile formation requiring the players to stick to their position and keep the ball moving rather than changing their positions ...........

hope this helped ..... 60 minutes requires say ...ummmmmm 10-12 kilometers may be 15 ... ( IN GENERAL)

HOPE THIS HELPED :)

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I used to play central mid before I got switched to left mid. You need very good passing and control of the ball since most of the play will go thru u. Stamina very important start with 4 miles a day and increase a mile a day till u reach 10 miles. That should be good for a 60 minute match. If you r tall (taller than 5'9") I recend you practice jumping and heading. Many younger people avoid headers. Never forget your week foot either. Practice equally with both feet.  Good luck

bambhose 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Spain 0 124

i also played fr ma skool and college

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

tiki-taka? that is what barca use, and i think it's amazing, but some people get bored and it's very hard to master, it take a lot of teamwork