Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

PSG open the door for Rabiot
tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

enter image description here

Adrien Rabiot wants to leave Paris Saint-Germain and the club will listen to offers in the January transfer window.The 23-year-old will be allowed to leave for free when his contract expires at the end of this season, but the thought of losing a key player for nothing doesn't sit well at the club.However, it's not just a question of money.Rabiot came through the system at PSG and no one wants his time at the club to end in disagreement.Barcelona aren't the only contenders vying for his signature either.There are English clubs in the mix with Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United also interested. The midfielder is also considering offers from Italy and Germany, particularly Bayern Munich. PSG will want to strike the best deal and could use this opportunity to try and acquire players in an exchange.

Marca.

Knowing that PSG wants Rakitic that bad, and able to offer 120 mil to get him, getting a 23 yo Rabiot for free would be an amazing deal.

Problem is that PSG denied him training and playing with A team till the end of his contract, means that he cant wait till the end of the season and come for free ( get a signing bonus nothing is free in Football ).

Now this will motivate both PSG and the player to find an early exit in January, its PSG last chance to win some money over his transfer and the chance for the player to get some playing time. Barça are leading discussions but who knows, PSG never deal with them.

Comments
Golefty 5 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Great Talent, interested to see what happens

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Yep taking him for free would be such a sweet revenge after Neymar case.

Eden17Hazard17 5 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Quality player, would love to see him in the PL.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Great talent for sure, good work rate and good vision for the game. But a real drama queen outside the pitch. On the pitch he tends to disappear in big games and is sometimes a bit reckless with his passes. If the new team can handle his shortcomings and deal with them properly, then it is a good signing. Otherwise he will just be a poor mans version of Busquets.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

prepare for this

Rabiot has been often seen as a cry baby that complains to his mom whenever he doesn’t get what he wants. Due to him coming from a rich family, it makes sense as to why he cries whenever he doesn’t get what he wants.

Tuanis 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Rabiot deserves to be a starter for a top club, would be awesome to see him playing in the PL. Hope United bids for him. We are desperate for some signings.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Just to say :

• Rabiot was one of the cheapest salaries of the french capital until lately, despite his value being increased drastically.
  • He told after Madrid - PSG a game where he scored the only goal that the group should have done better, it wasnt well appreciated by his teammates and he got severly punished.
  • He was always used out of position, he is a CM and was used as a DM, what he did not appreciate specially after Motta lack of fitness and Verratti several injuries...

He is worth 60 mil in transfermarkt.com, at least 80-90 mil with the inflation for a 23 yo player with a nice marketting potential. if Barca get him for free and he turns to flop, we could get 50 mil for him at the end.

Its a win-win situation, no matter what happens next. Only loosers would be PSG loosing 70 mil in term of money, or a local made in Paris product who was supposed to be the club anthem. Im 100% supporting the move, we can sell Rakitic for a big amount and we wont sign Pogba for a ridiculous amount...

_Pelle_ 5 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Ofc its always a win to get a nice talent as a free signing. The challenge is not economic, its to get sporting success. And he wasn’t used out of position. The positions DM CM have ben pretty vague in PSG due to the lack of natural DM. Marquinhos has usually been playing in that position. And he is supposed to be mainly a CB. This is the reason why they have been interested in players like Kante...
Also their interest in Rakitic actually started long ago when Rabiot first started his drama. In my opinion selling Matuidi was the worst transfer move of PSG. They have been depleting themselves in midfield to get world class attack.

Additionally:

• PSG isn’t really losning money on him. They miss the chance to get money for him. They wont go minus, but neither going plus is what is seen as the ”loss”.
  • Even Deschamps has avoided to have him in NT due to his troublemaking. Especially after the earlier years of drama in the NT.
  • Personally I think barca is one of the better destinations for him as their midfield eventually needs fresh and younger players. Man City could be another place as Pep has been desperately looking for a player at his position (only has Fernandinho).
  • History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Ofc its always a win to get a nice talent as a free signing. And he wasn’t used out of position. The positions DM CM have ben pretty vague in PSG due to the lack of natural DM. Marquinhos has usually been playing in that position. And he is supposed to be mainly a CB. This is the reason why they have been interested in players like Kante...
Also their interest in Rakitic actually started long ago when Rabiot actually first started his drama. In my opinion selling Matuidi was the worst transfer move of PSG. They have been depleting themselves in midfield to get world class attack.

Ofc its always a win to get a nice talent as a free signing. The challenge is not economic, its to get sporting success. And he wasn’t used out of position. The positions DM CM have ben pretty vague in PSG due to the lack of natural DM. Marquinhos has usually been playing in that position. And he is supposed to be mainly a CB. This is the reason why they have been interested in players like Kante...
Also their interest in Rakitic actually started long ago when Rabiot actually first started his drama. In my opinion selling Matuidi was the worst transfer move of PSG. They have been depleting themselves in midfield to get world class attack.

Additionally:

• PSG isn’t really losning money on him. They miss the chance to get money for him. They wont go minus, but neither going plus is what is seen as the ”loss”.
  • Even Deschamps has avoided to have him in NT due to his troublemaking. Especially after the earlier years of drama in the NT.
  • Personally I think barca is one of the better destinations for him as their midfield eventually needs fresh and younger players. Man City could be another place as Pep has been desperately looking for a player at his position (only has Fernandinho).
srk_rox 5 years ago Edited
Liverpool 5 542

Good player... I feel sometimes he is careless in possession though which would cost certainly a goal in EPL..
I thought I would say I would love to have him in Liverpool.. then De Jong of Ajax came across my mind.
De Jong is DM, CM..

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Good player... I feel sometimes he is careless in possession though which would cost certainly a goal in EPL..
I thought I would say I would love to have him in Liverpool.. then De Ligt of Ajax came across my mind.
De Ligt is DM, CM..

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I'm hearing he will replace Ramsey too, but Barcelona looks more likely atm. I don't know too much about his game, I watch PSG occasionally but not so much for Rabiot specifically. He looked decent for Emery, but nowadays I see Marquinhos ahead of him in the team. I think he's right to leave, if he can adapt to Barcelona's style it will be a great signing.

Greatone 5 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

honestly wouldn't mind sneaking in and putting him in the mix in arsenal, our players tend to get too easily demotivated and lose their hunger, so extra competition in the midfield from someone who needs to play would be great