Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

PSG VS Manchester United Post Talk
Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11426

Madness, complete and utter madness. What a game. Feel a bad for PSG, especially considering how dominating they were in term of possession, but seriously, congrats to Manchester United. Ole is propably staying next season, don't you guys think? Share you're thought on the game please guys.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention it but CL football is best football, especially this season.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Madness, complete and utter madness. What a game. Feel a bad for PSG, especially considering how dominating they were in term of possession, but seriously, congrats to Manchester United. Ole is propably staying next season, don't you guys think? Share you're thought on the game please guys.

Comments
Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

When you turn your back as a defender is always running the risk. Anyway, the FR consensus was that PSG did not want to face man united and as it turns out, Footy room, the experts in the business, were right.

What a feel good story this is with Ole and United.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@ledley

How many penalties have you seen been giving like this? SUPER RARE IF ANY.

The arrogance on United fans to say " how can we even debate wether that it's a penalty" is ridiculous. hmm because we have brain and eyes and know laws of the game??! ... man, you guys cry at times even at some of the most obvious calls against you if you feel unjustly done, and if you were PSG getting that penalty call, then you wouldn't be happy for the rest of the season. Either way, United deserved to go through because no team that plays like PSG should be there who bottles 99% progress.

trimind 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Canada 3 533

@Marcus : haha I know mate. There are 5 teams allowed to play in CL if a team out of top 4 actually won either Europa League or Champion League. If two teams won Europa League, and Champion League, then the 4th team will dropped out. So I am genuinely hoping English team will win the competition.

Also, thanks for the well-wish, but as usual, ManU will take one game at a time. Realistically with our decimated squad, we are one of the weakest team in CL in quarter final atm, but first team players will come back from injuries, and with Ole and the fighting spirit, we will try to push for more xD

Watching the penalty decision, I still leaning towards the penalty, as it was a handball. Probably 50-50 and it is not wrong for the ref to give it. Very similar to another game in Italy between Juventus and Napoli, when the ref also gave the penalty there.

I support all English teams in Euro cup (both Europa League and CL), so I hope for the best. Now, I am waiting for Liverpool to do their job, and hopefully they can win against Bayern.

• History

@Marcus : haha I know mate. There are 5 teams allowed to play in CL if a team out of top 4 actually won either Europa League or Champion League. If two teams won Europa League, and Champion League, then the 4th team will dropped out. Thanks for the well-wish, but as usual, ManU will take one game at a time. Realistically with our decimated squad, we are one of the weakest team in CL in quarter final atm, but first team players will come back from injuries, and with Ole and the fighting spirit, we will try to push for more xD

Watching the penalty decision, I still leaning towards the penalty, as it was a handball. Probably 50-50 and it is not wrong for the ref to give it. Very similar to another game in Italy between Juventus and Napoli, when the ref also gave the penalty there.

tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Absolutely true Marcus.

We are backing United not because they played well, or deserved a pk spot. Imo both statements are wrong.
We backed United because PSG did a horrendous second leg and did everything to kick themselves from the competition singlehandedly.

Im glad for all of you guys, Tuan,Tuanis, the game and all Fr Utd fans. But let’s be honest for a second, you will never kick a historical club from this competition being awarded that kind of Pk. Will never be Whistled in Italy or Spain. PSG does not have a big impact on refs mind, if he did it in another City ref would risk his life after the game lol.
93th min PK against the home team for anon intentional handball of a random shot. Never Whistled in a million years...

Even the Porto one was very very soft, if you watch it live it’s never a pk. Despite Florenzi slightly grabbing the shirt the player saw that he won’t get the ball and fell deliberately. It’s a question of appreciation and for me, for a deciding game decision, a 50-50 pk should never decide the outcome specially when there is no goal threat in the last minutes of a tie. That was luigi colina way of dealing with the issue an de for me he remains the best ref I’ve seen. Same for Juve-madrid situation of last year. For me these calls are very very harsh to swallow...

• History

Absolutely true Marcus.

We are backing United not because they played well, or deserved a pk spot. Imo both statements are wrong.
We backed United because PSG did a horrendous second leg and did everything to kick themselves from the competition singlehandedly.

Im glad for all of you guys, Tuan,Tuanis, the game and all Fr Utd fans. But let’s be honest for a second, you will never kick a historical club from this competition being awarded that kind of Pk. PSG does not have a big impact on refs mind, if he did it in another City ref would risk his life after the game lol.
93th min PK against the home team for an intentional handball of a random shot. Never Whistled in a million years...

Absolutely true Marcus.

Im glad for all of you guys, Tuan,Tuanis, the game and all Fr Utd fans. But let’s be honest for a second, you will never kick a historical club from this competition being awarded that kind of Pk. Will never be Whistled in Italy or Spain. PSG does not have a big impact on refs mind, if he did it in another City ref would risk his life after the game lol.
93th min PK against the home team for an intentional handball of a random shot. Never Whistled in a million years...

Absolutely true Marcus.

93th min PK against the home team for anon intentional handball of a random shot. Never Whistled in a million years...

Marshall2118 5 years ago
Paris Saint Germain 5 88

What a bad mentality from PSG. Thank god france won the world cup... this is so frustrating. Always the same shit

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

no matter how soft and lucky the penalty was. PSG bottled it so hard and this is what they deserve, congrats United!

Ledley 5 years ago Edited
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Absolutely.

Consier this. Heres the players who were out:

Anthony Martial.
Jesse Lingaard
Ander Herrera
Phil Jones .
Juan Mata
Antonio Valencia
Alexis Sanchez
Paul Pogba
Nemanja Matic*

No arrogance except for the fact that PSG bottled it.

• History

Absolutely.

Consier this. Heres the players who were out:

Anthony Martial.
Jesse Lingaard
Ander Herrera
Phil Jones .
Juan Mata
Antonio Valencia
Alexis Sanchez
Paul Pogba

No arrogance except for the fact that PSG bottled it.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

@Pupper: brilliant point mate. It feels like with VAR a lot more handballs (especially unintentional) are being called penalty. Refs organizations need to go through this because the players need their arms and cant obviously cut them off when making natural movements.

Yes its hard to tell sometimes if it is intentional, but I think VAR can help out, instead of becoming too powerful in terms of deciding the outcome of games.

VAR should help refs making the right decision, not be a tool used for cementing/changing an opinion.

Especially in 50/50 situations where it is better to let the game go on. We still want the teams to make the difference not the ref/VAR.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It was just unbelievable, until the 96 mins...

WIthout 10 first team players..., against a better team... We went against ALL ODDS.

They outclassed us, but we took our chances with both hands, both feet..

Incredible.!

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Yep remontada has incredible taste, the back to buisness thing is enjoyable. Gontrats Tuan.

I have a bad feeling for Lyon game, despite being clear favorites. Things are getting too much perfectly imo :)

Imagine Juve Barça and Bayern out next week ? :)

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

Barca bottled it last season. They wont do that mistake again, not at this point.

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited

Here is a strong argument: for handball to be called first of all it has to be intentional. I agree with people above that since introduction of Var this fcking dumb useless referees decided to go all in penalties and call any situation when ball touches the hand. That is just stupid and lazy.

Also @tiki noticed correctly that penalty against Roma was a very soft one to give! We can’t encourage players jump constantly in penalty box with a slight touch. Football is a contact sport. Back 10 years ago it would have been considered a dive.

Reason why I worry, because these decision are rewriting the laws of the game. I played football and how many times I rememmgee finding myself completely unintentionally having the ball touch my hand. I had no way to take it off the powerful and quick shot and they were as close to me as possible.

• History

Here is a strong argument: for handball to be called first of all it has to be intentional. I agree with people above that since introduction of Var this fcking dumb useless referees decided to go all in penalties and call any situation when ball touches the hand. That is just stupid and lazy.

Also @tiki noticed correctly that penalty against Roma was a very soft one to give! We can’t encourage players jump constantly in penalty box with a slight touch. Football is a contact sport.

Reason why I worry, because these decision are rewriting the laws of the game. I played football and how many times I rememmgee finding myself completely unintentionally having the ball touch my hand. I had no way to take it off the powerful and quick shot and they were as close to me as possible.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

decided to go all in penalties and call any situation when ball touches the hand.

Hopefully, this won't become the standard for ref because otherwise, football game will resume themselve to team trying to hit other player arms in the area.

DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Sadly it is a tactic to play the ball into the opponents arm or hand to try and get the ref involved. Since the sport has pushed to decide that normal arm positioning based on kinetic motion still is considered an infraction on the player, some teams, coaches, and players look to push the judgement from the ref.

When you are told in training to pull your arms completely behind your back in an unnatural way, just to prevent an accidental call, it begs the question of how the rule is educated and ultimately enforced. VAR should help a ref in these decisions, yet they have moved to call anything that hits the hand or arm when in the box.

None the less, PSG still allowed United that opportunity to be in the game already. It was not that one call that cost them the match, it was the spearhead though, the one play that will be remembered.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

My blood boils when thinking of Tuchel chosing Kehrer ahead of Meunier.

Every french commentator at half time was saying that Kehrer had been worse than a disaster, yet it took even more than that for Tuchel to sub in Meunier. And Tuchel also made a mess of the offense when bringing in Paredes to play in the right side and playing Alves as number 10. Mbappe got confused and the team became very long opening up areas in the midfield. Tuchels in game coaching was so flawed this game. And with a defense that was horrendous... PSG was on a suicide mission.

Tuanis 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Just like people say one is biased when claiming that the call was completely fine regarding the penalty awarded, I think people are biased in their hatred towards United when questioning it.

Im yet to see a single pundit, commentator or basically anyone on the sports business doubt that the call was the correct one. Kimpembe had his arms in an unnatural position above his head and ended up blocking a shot that would have gone towards goal. We would need to change the rules for that not to be considered a penalty.

PSG have themselves to blame, that's why the team has not issued any formal complaints like they did when the where knocked out vs Barcelona. Penalty was clear, win was deserved, we have gone way further than what this team was supposed to and already can call it a successful run in europe this season.

Regarding Roma vs Porto,
The penalty for Porto was just a ridiculous foul by Florenzi, again no one else to blame. There is no way for the ref or anyone else to know how hard was he pulling the forward's shirt but you just can't do that, not even a little and that was obvious. Added to the fact that the guy was never even going to reach the cross in the first place, Florenzi's silly mistake has Roma out of the CL.
Nobody is talking about the other very evident penalty that happened roughly 5 minutes after Porto scored. Schick went down after the defender stomped on his foot, but surprisingly the ref didn't even get the play reviewed. Maybe the pressure really got to him and he didn't have the... authority to call a penalty against in the very last moment of the game.

The claim that those sort of penalties would never be called in other countries or against other teams has is irrelevant as the call should always be made regardless of where they are playing. It was a fair call so it doesn't really matter it was PSG, if the play happened at the Bernabeu maybe it wouldn't have been called, unfairly, but what does that have anything to do with the merit of United winning the fixture fair and deserved?

VAR is a system that by itself can only make the sport better/fairer. If the VAR leads to a wrong call there is only the ref to blame, Blaming the VAR would be like blaming a car for killing a person on a car crash. The only downside to this system is the loss of time and continuity to the game but I would take Fairness above continuity any day. The VAR is one of the greatest inventions in football in this century in terms of rules and technology being applied, I can't believe people are still trying to put it down or criticize such an important feature of the game.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Yep Marcus, for me there are 3 criteria’s of judging a handball.
Shot distance : if the player is less than 2 meters from the shooter, he doesn’t have time to hide his hands or have intentional thoughts, even Wc Gks don’t have time at this distance to make a save.

Whether it’s on target or not : a clear goal chance denied by a hand, intentional or not that’s a pk. No Matter the intention if the ball is going through ref should whistle.

Position of the hand and context : before Var 60% of handballs were not whistled and I’m with it, why ?

A pk statistically is awarding 80% goal, knowing that scoring are the aim of the game and it’s not basketball or handball, games do not end 35-33 scoresheet. Awarding a pk is influencing the outcome drastically. So if you are willing to give a team almost a goal, better be for a clear reason.

Var does not take these into consideration, reason why I wasn’t as enthusiastic as most of you when it wasn’t introduced. But in term of offsides and contacts in Thebes zone it’s efficient. For handballs things should be more explained so every fan/player/ref get same criteria. And at the end the context should be a factor.

Ole, did a great job putting pressure on ref while reviewing the action, he played it smartly while Tuchel was not looking... ref got few time to make a decision and it surprised me. But PSG were not robbed, they put themselves in this situation.

My 2 cents...

tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited

@tuanis the shot was off target at first place, secondly the guy was not even looking and thirdly the distance betweeN the shot and the hand was close.
There is no hate toward United and it’s a last minute decision, the impact was huge, a team that never was at any time of the tie both legs qualified for awarded on a plate a quarter ticket, so excuse me if give my impression. It’s not like it wasn’t a hold up. And I don’t have any sympathy for PSG...

I agree on the fact that contact was made in both cases but from I understand, you are for awarding the slightest contact or handball. And I am for whistling only if it deserves to be a clear cut chance denied since it’s almost a goal awarded, that 2 visions of football decisions exist even with ref... everyone got his own appreciation.

• History

@tuanis the shot was off target at first place, secondly the guy was not even looking and thirdly the distance betweeN the shot and the hand was close.
There is no hate toward United and it’s a last minute decision, the impact was huge, a team that never was at any time of the tie both legs qualified for awarded on a plate a quarter ticket, so excuse me if give my impression. It’s not like it wasn’t a hold up. And I don’t have any sympathy for PSG...

Marcus2011 5 years ago

I agree with everything you have said but don't blame VAR. Blame the referees who are using VAR improperly! Amean, we gave these morons REPLAY and they still manage to fck it up>??! lol come on, mate you can watch it and replay it!

Also, efficiency and consistency should be improved that means FIFA should decide in what cases they have to look for VAR replay. NOT when referee will be like " Hey, i think i should go watch the replay" or " i don't think it needs to be rewatched" it is annoying. They are doing this on purpose. These old farts in FIFA and UEFA who are still trying to fix matches, doing this on purpose to discourage use of technologies.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Agrée on the fact that var should be a tool, not a deciding thing. Only one ref went against Var that was in WC, rest all once activated they agreed.
Just watching Willian Fk live :)