Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

PSG VS Manchester United Post Talk
Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11432

Madness, complete and utter madness. What a game. Feel a bad for PSG, especially considering how dominating they were in term of possession, but seriously, congrats to Manchester United. Ole is propably staying next season, don't you guys think? Share you're thought on the game please guys.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention it but CL football is best football, especially this season.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Madness, complete and utter madness. What a game. Feel a bad for PSG, especially considering how dominating they were in term of possession, but seriously, congrats to Manchester United. Ole is propably staying next season, don't you guys think? Share you're thought on the game please guys.

Comments
tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Both Pks were valid ones, and in first leg PSG while winning 4-0 got massive home refreiing...
Blame your team mediocrity on other clubs, it’s Cataluna fault if Chelsea are fighting for 4th place...

Only di Maria’s action is worth debating, for the rest clear contacts in both actions, Suarez overacting doesn’t change the fact their was’ contact.

• History

Both Pks were valid ones, and in first leg PSG while winning 4-0 got massive home refreiing...
Blame your team mediocrity on other clubs, it’s Cataluna fault if Chelsea are fighting for 4th place...

538 11432

@tiki Yeah, no mistake from the ref whatsoever, which is why the UEFA refused to give said ref any other important game the following year. No but seriously, don't get me wrong, I love Barca, as a neutral, I was glad they made the remontada but after seeing the highlight, its obvious there were some weird call by the ref to say the least. Not blaming Barca for it though, I don't accuse them of anything its completely the ref faults for me and I'm glad he won't be given another game like that for a while.

• History

@tiki Yeah, no mistake from the ref whatsoever, which is why the UEFA refused to give said ref any other important game the following year. No but seriously, don't get me wrong, I love Barca, as a neutral, I was glad they made the remontada but after seeing the highlight, its obvious there were some weird call by the ref to say the least. Not blaming Barca for it though, I don't accuse them of anything its completely the ref faults for me and I'm glad he went to China instead of staying in Europe.

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@tiki

You can checkout the game on your time how about that but it is hard for you to admit how massively referees have helped Barcelona. It is ok. All big clubs do get favors including Chelsea but in CL there are even bigger clubs that get favors against other big clubs.

No one is blaming Barcelona for Chelsea's trouble. What i question is how come UEFA gave us immediate transfer ban but when it came to Barcelona they they extended until Barca was done with their transfer business? I think it is all politics and money, so Barcelona has always this amazing high achieving and pure uncorrupt image in the eyes of Catalonians, defeating Madrid ( bad guys the corrupt ones ) and winning trophies. Symbolism matters and fairy tale matters to people. I see you don't like to know that your club is used as a political tool in the hands of Catalonian government to strengthen nationalism and secede from Spain.

• History

@tiki

You can checkout the game on your time how about that but it is hard for you to admit how massively referees have helped Barcelona. It is ok. All big clubs do get favors including Chelsea but in CL there are even bigger clubs that get favors against other big clubs.

No one is blaming Barcelona for Chelsea's trouble. What i question is how come UEFA gave us immediate transfer ban but when it came to Barcelona they they extended until Barca was done with their transfer business? I think it is all politics and money, but you don't like to know that your club is used as a political tool in the hands of Catalonian government to strengthen nationalism and secede from Spain.

@tiki

No one is blaming Barcelona for Chelsea's trouble. What i question is how come UEFA gave us immediate transfer ban but when it came to Barcelona they they extended until Barca was done with their transfer business? I think it is all politics and money, so Barcelona has always this amazing high achieving image in the eyes of Catalonians, defeating Madrid and winning trophies. I see you don't like to know that your club is used as a political tool in the hands of Catalonian government to strengthen nationalism and secede from Spain.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Or you can ask yourself why Barça got punished first while any basic fan knew something in Chelsea transfer policy wasn’t right. Buying clubs in holland to offload loanees...

You can blâme whole world for the ban, at the end fans should ask Roman and stop bitching for no reason...

Independence is in Barcelona DNA and History, and if people doesn’t love this they can support Espagnol...

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Or you can ask yourself why Barça got punished first while any basic fan knew something in Chelsea transfer policy wasn’t right. Buying clubs in holland to offload loanees.

hahah we have been looked into that for years and UEFA tried every sort of investigation. There is absolutely nothing illegal. Both clubs are in win-win situation, and they both made it clear.

You can blâme whole world for the ban, at the end fans should ask Roman and stop bitching for no reason..

English club we are talking about and owner should have nothing to do with it. Yet, most likely they are targeting him by punishing Chelsea. Also, this isn't first time English clubs are constantly being punished by UEFA while they are being lenient with Spanish clubs. It isn't just Chelsea.

Independence is in Barcelona DNA and History, and if people doesn’t
love this they can support Espagnol...

Sure, it has grown into that DNA. However, wasn't Barcelona founded by foreigners? Not that it matters. What matters is that Catolonia is pulling some strings in UEFA in favor of Barcelona. That is what i think is happening!

I don't want to speculate too much but that is what it seems like with all the evidence of Barcelona players being passionate about recent attempt for independence.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

The club got bombed and President got killed, they got restrictions and transfer bans for decades... as we say in France there is no smoke without fire. Spain are centralized in its capital even now, Catalans and Bascs doesn’t look satisfied. Don’t forget Basc country and Cataluna are also in France and French part does not want independence so maybe it’s Spain who aren’t dealing well with these people who were forbidden to speak their own language until lately...
Still doesn’t know why would Uefa back a political opinion...

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

@Emobot you may be right Emo. It is just that I never saw a PSG fan or met one, before the takeover. OM yes, Lyon yes, Bordeaux ok and maybe Monaco 🇲🇨. Then they point out to Ronaldinho being there 2002. Ok, they must be loyal fans. Loyal since 1992.

I’m sure there are a few but I would like to see where they go once there is a new team that starts winning. Time will tell

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited

I wouldn't let Catalonia become independent too. If my ancestors spilled blood to win those lands, and somehow i am going to give it away because people voted for it through referendum? Lol No. People always go with popular opinion, even if it is the most irrational one. Socrates one of the greatest philosophers of ancient world died at the hands of popular opinion. So Basc and Catalans, can be unsatisfied as much as they wish. As far as French side - it isn't as significant as Spains side and it isn't any where near rich, liberal and populace as Spains side. I think those factors play a role but i doubt France wants Catolonia independence because that means one day they would like reunification with their northern side.. lol Domino effect.

Money. Lobbying. It works. Catalonia is rich and has all the financial tools to trigger decisions in their favor. It wants to become something of a Switzerland, Zurich. It might be surprise, but it doesn't take much to bribe governing officials especially in football federation. I always thought prices are higher, but apparently few tens of grans do the trick in right places.

• History

I wouldn't let Catalonia become independent too. If my ancestors spilled blood to win those lands, and somehow i am going to give it away because people voted for it through referendum? Lol No. People always go with popular opinion, even if it is the most irrational one. Socrates one of the greatest philosophers of ancient world died at the hands of popular opinion. So Basc and Catalans, can be unsatisfied as much as they wish. As far as French side - it isn't as significant as Spains side and it isn't any where near rich, liberal and populace as Spains side. I think those factors play a role but i doubt France wants Catolonia independence because that means one day they would like reunification with their northern side.. lol Domino effect.

Money. Lobbying. It works. You will surprised it doesn't take much to bribe. I always thought prices are higher, but apparently few tens of grans do the trick in right places.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

If my ancestors spilled blood to win those lands, and somehow i am going to give it away because people voted for it through referendum?

And if you're ancestor spilled blood to try and defense those land, wouldn't you want them to be free and independant again? The people living in a region should be the one taking the decision regarding their region as they are the one working to make it a prosperous place. However, I get its hard for an Englishmen to understand how it feel when your country or region is taken over by a foreign power whose only interest is taking you're best ressource. And if you want to know why it sound like I'm touched personally, its because I'm from Quebec and I'm personally never been against the indepence of my home province.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@emo

Would you like Crown to return to Canada?

I know it sounds unfair. However, small countries will always be satélites of big countries wether they are independent or dependent. They lost the right of voice to become independent after they got conquered. World powers can’t go around the world and start giving right to every small ethnic minority right for determination, would that be a good idea? It would distanilize the regions and create regional conflicts with proxy wars. Just look at Middle East.

Catolonia is a valuable location to Spain because they have had significant investments from capital and outside which was due to central government’s policies. In addition, Spanish fought the war, won the war and lost lives to gain that region, what right do catolonians have to secede with mere referendum when they couldn’t gain their own independence through war like almost every nation in the world? I looked into history of Carolonia and I can’t find a good argument. I spoke to a Carolinian guy from Barcelona and he was against it too saying that we have gone greedy.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Nani received a straight red a few seasons back for his unintentional foul against Arbeloa.

Just saw this from @iHeartFootball. We had one of the Da Silva Twins against Bayern get sent off (think it was Rafael) because one of the Bayern Players double taked the ref. Think it was the yr Bayern made the final. We were up 3-1 and were hitting Bayern with Darren Gibson and Nani then down to 10men: Robben scores a screamer

Sir Alex Ferguson: “Those Cheating Germans” what coach said.

538 11432

@Marcus2011 You make fair point but I seriously think the people living in a country or a region should have a way to get their independance back without having to resort to violence. But pherhap a referendum isn't right either. I think compromise should be made on both side.

@Ledley Lol, kinda feel bad I never got to see Alex Ferguson manage United, he seemed like an enjoyable manager to watch.

• History

@Marcus2011 You make fairpoint but I seriously think the people living in a country or a region should have a way to get their independance back without having to resort to violence. But pherhap a referendum isn't right either. I think compromise should be made on both side.

@Ledley Lol, kinda feel bad I never got to see Alex Ferguson manage United, he seemed like an enjoyable manager to watch.