Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ronaldo 7: the real reason behind his move.
tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

The small details make the big difference at the end of the day so … I would say what I saw in the stadium helped [the transfer],

Ronaldo explained the feeling, the WOW he felt when receiving applause after that wonder volley at the Turin Old Lady affect massively on his decision.

And kinda I believe that.

For me too, if I have to choose something, I let my gut feeling, my impression and my positive energy lead the way, then add other factors to the equation.

But,

• Ronaldo had issue with Perez, yep.
  • He was not happy with the wages, yep.
  • He had gained everything with Real yep.
  • He has personal ego and quite self-promoting, so a move to a top club in another league would be beneficial for such image in the history of football. I do believe this is the main factor though.

What do you think?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

The small details make the big difference at the end of the day so … I would say what I saw in the stadium helped [the transfer],

Ronaldo explained the feeling, the WOW he felt when receiving applause after that wonder volley at the Turin Old Lady affect massively on his decision.

And kinda I believe that.

For me too, if I have to choose something, I let my gut feeling, my impression and my positive energy lead the way, then add other factors to the equation.

But, Ronaldo had issue with Perez, yep. He was not happy with the wages, yep. He had gained everything with Real yep. He has personal ego and quite self-promoting, so a move to a top club in another league would be beneficial for such image in the history of football. I do believe this is the main factor though.

What do you think?

Comments
iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

You're eating a tub of ice cream. Once you've finished eating the entire tub, you don't carry on eating because you've already gained everything from it...

Real Madrid was literally that empty tub Ronaldo was continually spooning off of, so I think it's his loss in motivation to continue playing in La Liga that drove him off. He's won everything there is to offer in Spain, and now he's pursuing his next goal in the bucket list at Italy.

I can probably argue that once he's won the Serie A title and CL with Juve, he might go to another league to do it all over again. He's a machine.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Agree completely.

Although from what you said, it more the 3rd option (but you chose the 2nd <- focus on issue with Real or Perez, demotivation there means the waging, the fight, the support). :D Accident click?

• History

Agree completely.

Although from what you said, it more the 3rd option (but you chose the 2nd <- focus on issue with Real or Perez). :D Accident click?

Dynastian98 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

He already had issues and had been wanting to leave the club. The CL victory in 2018 was rather fortunate since both Juventus and Bayern could have, and in the case of Bayern, should have probably beaten us. Ronaldo saw the team's decline coming, and if he was not present in the team this year then there's no way we would have won the CL. I presume that he was unsure about where to go for a while, but the Juventus standing ovation gave him the encouragement to go to Italy.

Nevertheless, I think you are reaching. His reasons for leaving Madrid had much more to do with his conflict with Real's management than anything else. His choice in destination, however, may have been influenced by the standing ovation.

• History

He already had issues and had been wanting to leave the club. The CL victory in 2018 was rather fortunate since both Juventus and Bayern could have, and in the case of Bayern, should have probably beaten us. I presume that he was unsure about where to go for a while, but the Juventus standing ovation gave him the encouragement to go to Italy.

Nevertheless, I think you are reaching. His reasons for leaving Madrid had much more to do with his conflict with Real's management than anything else. His choice in destination, however, may have been influenced by the standing ovation.

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

I think that after the 3 peat under Zidane he was already the highest paid player next to Messi, Neymar. They could have kept him, but with the tax laws in Spain so high already for foreigners It was in interests for both club and player who could meet his wages, and Madrid could recoup the transfer fee - how bout that. Also the fact that he got a European club after him and didn’t have to go to MLS or China etc.

I always thought he would go back to Man United though even if it was for a short spell.

Also remember the Madrid fans always booed him. Even though he kept returning better and better each time. His excuse is plausible maybe he wants to feel a bit of love from the fans this time round and was tired of it.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Ledley Yeah, its a bunch of thing but the fact Real Madrid fan have been hypocritical with him at time propably didn't help. :(

tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I highly disagree about the he won it all part, he got 2 leagues in 10 years, worst result of Madrid in a decade in their whole History. There was still things to prove with them.
Perez wanted him to leave, Ronaldo wanted to renegotiate his contract and be the best paid player after Messi did renegotiations. He wanted +35 mil, his wages were arround 22mil, Perez last offer was 22m + bonus ( extremely complicated to get including BO, top scorer, CL won, Liga win ) a maximum of 8mil.

Ronaldo refused, he went to Juve because FIAT is paying 100% of his wages... and it’s understandable that the player reacts that way.
There is no club better than Madrid for Ronaldo, he was crucial for them but they brought him to the top too and imo I don’t think he would want to quit the fastest racing car of Europe because he got applauded somehow...

Well sure it has its role, to go to a place you are respected, and discover a new league and market for his brands, but to say he went for the challenge is a bit naive. Perez got him out of Madrid for indirect reasons, the name of Neymar has been flying over Bernabeu whole season and Perez decided to not higher wages budget and cash on him to attract Neymar. Nobody wants to be seen as the one who kicked Ronaldo out of Madrid but when the gap between the player wage demand and your offer is more than12 mil, it’s and indirect invitation to quit the club.

Madrid did absolutely no effort to keep him.

• History

I highly disagree about the he won it all part, he got 2 leagues in 10 years, worst result of Madrid in a decade in their whole History. There was still things to prove with them.
Perez wanted him to leave, Ronaldo wanted to renegotiate his contract and be the best paid player after Messi did renegotiations. He wanted +35 mil, his wages were arround 22mil, Perez last offer was 22m + bonus ( extremely complicated to get including BO, top scorer, CL won, Liga win ) a maximum of 8mil.

Ronaldo refused, he went to Juve because FIAT is paying 100% of his wages... and it’s understandable that the player reacts that way.
There is no club better than Madrid for Ronaldo, he was crucial for them but they brought him to the top too and imo I don’t think he would want to quit the fastest racing car of Europe because he got applauded somehow...

Well sure it has its role, to go to a place you are respected, and discover a new league and market for his brands, but to say he went for the challenge is a bit naive. Perez got him out of Madrid for indirect reasons, the name of Neymar has been flying over Bernabeu whole season and Perez decided to not higher wages budget and cash on him to attract Neymar. Nobody wants to be seen as the one who kicked Ronaldo out of Madrid but when the gap between the player wage demand and your offer is more than12 mil, it’s and indirect invitation to quit the club.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Don't forget that Messi and Neymar have wages that are almost double of what Cristiano was getting paid in Madrid. We can argue that Ronaldo is so rich it doesn't matter anymore, but remember that these players are incredibly prideful. Messi himself requests higher wages almost every 2 years.

Ronaldo probably saw the disparity between his wages and Messi/Neymar's, and demanded to be paid relative to his output (since he was exceeding the output of both by far in the CL), and I'm sure Perez either denied or delayed, which served to bruise Ronaldo's ego.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

And that’s exactly what happened, for someone who claims every year being the best, being valued half of Messi was a big ego problem. Of course he has loads of money and earns more on adds than average players. But since Messi got his renewal surpassing Neymar wages, CR wanted his renewal.

He exactly said « I don’t feel loved at the club « he wasn’t pointing the fans, in his opinion he felt that the direction didn’t valued his efforts as they should. But Perez had Neymar in his mind, Perez cannot pay 2 palayers +30 mil per year and felt it’s the right time to cash on the older to bring the youngster...

It’s about buisness, we shouldn’t be so naive about it. Fact that the double is automatically granted in Juve is a bonus. He was going to Juve-Bayern or PSG. A silverware club. And actually Juve were the ones able to bring him because if PSG brought Ronaldo, Neymar would have gone opposite direction. Everything is calculated. Stories are for the fans, there is no coincidence in this kind of moves for this caliber of players...

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Overall I’m voting 3, but yes he certainly had issues which option 2 says.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I always thought he would go back to Man United though even if it was for a short spell

I cri every time just thinking about it, mate. :'(

tiki_taka 6 years ago

That would have been a heart choice.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@iHEART @tiki Move might have happened with another manager in charge though, Mou was clearly against it for financial reason.

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

I cri every time just thinking about it, mate. :'(

Yeah man he belongs at that club. He was already a superstar by what age 22-23 or something at United.

Yeah, its a bunch of thing but the fact Real Madrid fan have been hypocritical with him at time propably didn't help. :(

He gave 100% at RM and just got better and better. The fans ultimately got what they deserve really. I remember watching Man United as a youngster in the EPL thinking Ronaldo would be there forever. When Tevez and Ronaldo left I thought it'd be fine theyll be replaced (I watch n follow United in the EPL). The team was just always winning and winning well Emo, and it has never been the same since he left! I remember even the Prime Minister of the U.K, Gordon Brown and saying it'd be sad for him to leave the country and now im getting all teary lol.

tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited

They reached 2 CL finals after his departure. Its more SAF, Giggs and Scholes Legacy who were missed. You can change scorer, but midlefield is the heart of any team.

• History

They reached 2 CL finals after his departure. Its more SAF, Giggs and Scholes Legacy who were missed.

DannyZeek 6 years ago
5 31

Ronaldo had issue with Perez, yep.

NOT REALLY !