Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ronaldo shows incredible leadership
VAMOSBenfica 8 years ago
15 183

Just watched this video. It's about how Cristiano motivated and encouraged João Moutinho to take a penalty in the shootout vs Poland after he didn't want to take a penalty after missing in the semifinals vs Spain in 2012. Amazing.

Comments
Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

This is what it means to be a leader. Lead both through your words and through your actions. Portuguese legend. <3

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

You'll never see it. The media loves to portray him as an arrogant assh.ole and Messi as an honest, good guy. Just look at how much coverage Ronaldo's "Iceland have small-team mentality" gets vs. Messi's tax evasion issues. That tells you everything.

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Not to be the one that seems like such a hater but I wouldn't say he was "incredibly" leader-like there. That is basically the rol of a captain and what a captain should do. Good for him, it ended up looking pretty nice and giving Portugal the win. But this is a highlight because of the lack of leadership that nowadays nat. captains have, including Ronaldo.

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

"Captains" like Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo, Zlatan, Rooney, James, Ruiz (CR), shouldn't be appointed with that honor. They get the armband only because how much of a referent player they are and what they mean to the team, but all of them lack true leadership skills. This trend is something I honestly never understood.

Again, that gesture by Ronaldo was true leadership, but I wish we would see this more often with those captains.
And now that you guys mention media, Im sure there are a bunch of leadership acts by non-captains in different teams that go unnoticed.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

The pitch leaders were Renato up front And Pepe in the back, until now he had only 1 game out of 5 where he was best player of his team, a team leader is a pitch leader from my perspective.
In France there are two pitch leaders, Griezmann And Payet, Evra is the one to make the speech before the game And at half time, its just about players character but the leader of Portugal for me is Pepe, lethal so far.

Drbutterface 8 years ago
Roma, Italy 2 522

And people call him selfish.

Do you know what's selfish? Feelig sorry for yourself and retiring from your national team, just because it lost because you missed a penalty, instead of doing the sacrifice of getting up and trying again.

ramaboy10 8 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Thats brilliant leadership.

Lilywhite 8 years ago
28 468

Shows again why he is the most complete and probably best player in history. His winning mentality is second to none, unmatched, and it shows so clearly on the pitch. Love it.

Amerr30 8 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Stark contrast to.. somebody else we know.

Ronaldo is GOAT. I don't care what anybody says. The man has it all.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Stark contrast to.. somebody else we know.

Ronaldo is a GOAT. I don't care what anybody says. The man has it all.

leviathan 8 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 0 25

the good man