Ronaldo Wins 5th Ballon d'Or
Pepeee 6 years ago
Arsenal, France 1 52

The greatest of all time.

enter image description here

Comments
Pupper 6 years ago
Juventus 0 214

Because Messi isn't performing in Argentina as he is in Barcelona its no point. Mate stop it, every goal is decisive, the goals scored in country matches include the WC qualifiers which is I think somewhat important, depends if the player is in the mood to play in the snowy country of Russia.

Or maybe because it's different playing the european qualifiers where you play Andorra, Hungary, Faroe Islands, Latvia compared to the teams in the south american qualifiers. Just don't get it how scoring 5 goals against Andorra, 4 vs Faroe Islands, 4 vs Latvia, 2 vs Hungary are worth including.. All those teams are just stats boosters, nothing more.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

@Pupper While it's true that the European Qualifies have very poor teams, you still gotta score against those teams. Ronaldo would be getting criticized if he didn't score against those teams, and now because he's scored a lot of goals against those teams they are worth nothing? Ok.

If you're going to start adding relative value like that to those goals, then how about goals scored in knockout stages of CL count double since they're very important and goals scored in finals count triple? Ronaldo was there to score in the crucial moments, I can't say the same about Messi last season.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

CR7 2017

Most goals for club/country in 2017 (only players in top 5 comps)@
Cristiano - 32
Messi - 32
Kane - 28
Lewandowski - 27

367 - Cristiano Ronaldo is now the all-time top-scorer in the top five European leagues, surpassing Jimmy Greaves (366). Ace.

He became the first player to reach 100 European goals

And then, a week later, he was the first to register 100 in the Champions League

He is now the only man to have scored in three Champions League finals

He has been the top scorer in more Champions League seasons than anyone else

He moved above Miroslav Klose to sit in third place in Europe's all-time list of international goalscorers, and is now closing in on second

He reached 600 career goals for club and country

He's scored at least double the amount of goals than any other player in the Champions League quarter-finals (20), semi-finals (13) and finals (4)

He's the only player to score in all games in CL group stage.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Messi vs Juventus 2 games CL knockout games = 0 goals not seen

Ronaldo vs Juventus 1 game CL final = 2 goals.

Lodatz 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Dynast:

This is literally the only reason people dislike Ronaldo nowadays. He's quit the petty play-acting, he's stopped saying arrogant sh*t, and he's stopped being selfish ages ago.

This.

He's won 3 out of the last 4 CL finals, and got his country to only their second International final (which they won), plus a league title along the way.

He's earned all of it. Respect is due.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Lodatz And respect is given, only, there is still and will alway be people who won't like Ronaldo. It would be nice Real Madrid fan would get the difference instead of calling people asshole as soon as someone complain about CR7.

rayrex7 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Modric, Ramos and Marcelo are definitely key players for Real Madrid's recent success, but Ronaldo's final touch to put the ball in the back of the net is what matters at the end of the day. Would you like your team play amazing tiki taka football or whatever style you like with tons of shot on target but at the end losing or drawing the game, or would you rather have to play simple football but winning games? The reason why we most madrid fas sound furious is because you guys are a bit late in whining and complaining, should've saved those and the memes back in 2010/2011/2013. Ronaldo stats are second best but has won major trophies.

Let me ask you this.

If Ronaldo has the exact same stats but this time, lets say his goal/assist tally came from the beginning of last season and his UCL tally came from the group stage only. Will you guys complain with the same reasoning or would you start and say that he didnt perform when the team needed him and thats the knockout stages and UCL final plus the last games of la liga. I think we both know what you will say, so just accept it and save your whining for next year Ballon Dor where Ronaldo wins it again :D!

Lodatz 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Emobot7: I can agree with that. I'm not wading into it, though. I just feel Dynast's point deserved to be bumped.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Ronaldo not arrogant? That is not true.

I respect everyone’s preferences, but I’ve never seen anyone better than me. I have always thought that. No footballer can do the things I can. There’s no player more complete than me. I play well with both feet, I’m quick, powerful, good with the head, I score goals, I make assists. There are guys who prefer Neymar or Messi. But I tell you: there’s no-one more complete than me.
-Ronaldo after winning the Ballon.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/ballon-dor-2017-cristiano-ronaldo-best-player-history/1rbi0zbr02su11owmyuj1zz66i

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I respect his achievement as much as everyone else.

I think he deserve to be a legend that among one of the best in the history. top 5. That's my respect and credit as a fan.

But I dont think CR7 deserved it the last 3 times, nor I think Messi deserved 2 of his Ballon'Or.

So, I think it's a big popularity contest and striker award.

I think CR7 should be recognized for his life time achievement, consistency and dedication. His turns into a super poacher suits EVERYONE, not for last year cups.

@rayex & @golazo & @dynas: The stats we are talking about is just final product, Messi did a bit more than that, key pass player who setup attack, architect and finisher. Everyone who watch both teams know that Barca has a way way way lesser team. What do you think about that factor? (note: this is not to say he deserve Ballon'Or either)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I think he deserve to be a legend that among one of the best in the history. top 5. That's my respect and credit as a fan.

But I dont think CR7 deserved it the last 3 times, nor I think Messi deserved 2 of his Ballon'Or.

I think CR7 should be recognized for his life time achievement, consistency and dedication. His turns into a super poacher suits EVERYONE, not for last year cups.

And, is he arrogant? LOL... He is the biggest one ATM

And, is he arrogant? LOL... He is the biggest one ATM. I dont like it, but I think it's good for entertainment, we need different profile, not just nice soft guys

@rayex & @golazo & @dynas: The stats we are talking about is just final product, Messi did a bit more than that, key player, architect and finisher. Everyone who watch both teams know that Barca has a way way way lesser team. What do you think about that factor?

@rayex & @golazo & @dynas: The stats we are talking about is just final product, Messi did a bit more than that, key player, architect and finisher. Everyone who watch both teams know that Barca has a way way way lesser team. What do you think about that factor? (note: this is not to say he deserve Ballon'Or either)

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

And, is he arrogant? LOL... He is the biggest one ATM. He has always been, on the pitch! a drama queen almost as much as Mourinho, but he deliver big results, and that's more important!

I dont like it, but I think it's good for entertainment, we need different profile, not just nice soft guys. His selfishness in away bring success to him and his team. So who cares

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Lodatz Fair enough.

Seriously, a lot of good point on both side tbh. :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Lodatz Fair enough.

Seriously, a lot of good point on both tbh. :)

rayrex7 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Isn't that a bit far-fetched mate. Only debatable Ballon D'Ors were 2010/2013, and those two were somewhat fair calls considering every condition to take into consideration to win the Ballon D'Or