Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ross Barkley will leave Everton
Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Many sources are agreeing that Ross Barkley has declined a contract, and asked for a new challenge, to which Koeman has accepted, saying that Barkley will leave 100% this summer.

I know that we have added to central midfield this season, but I've always rated Barkley really highly and would love to see him at Chelsea. Helps us with our home grown quota, and I see no reason why he can't be a key player. His strength and physicality is a huge asset, he's talented on the ball, and can score and assist. He can also play as a holding midfielder and is still only 23.

I feel like our youth will never quite get the chance they deserve, so paying a bit for a youngster from another club, generally forces the manager to give them game time. I would be content with the sale of Chalobah, and even the possibility of selling a couple of youngsters like RLC/Baker/MVG/Pasalic if we sign Barkley.

Arsenal and Tottenham are also showing strong interest. I have a feeling that Pochettinho will lure him to Spurs and he will be unstoppable there, but Barkley will most likely have to play CDM for Tottenham, and I don't know if he prefers that over CM. If Conte does play a 3-5-2, Barkley will definitely get game time (especially if we sell Matic), coming in for Fabregas/Bakayoko, assuming Conte plays the Kante - Fabregas (higher up) - Bakayoko trio in midfield.

Barkley (84) created more chances last season than Silva (82), Sigurdsson (80), Sanchez (78), Firmino (77), Payet (74), Tadic (66) and Coutinho (65).

Only Hazard (89), Ozil (100), De Bruyne (103) and Eriksen (112), had more last season.

And here's a nice highlight package

Thoughts?

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Is Barkley really suited to Conte's style of play? I feel like I agree with you when you say Pochettino will probably lure him to the Spurs.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Arsenal was never in for Barkley, we still have a bit of hopes for Lemar instead. For me he is still overrated and not worth 40m..

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11429

He should go to Tottenham imo, he will propably get more play-time there than at Chelsea where Kante, Bakayoko and Fabregas (maybe Matic as well) are gonna block him. I mean, its the problem with Chelsea 2 man midfield, doesn't really leave a lot of place for new player. One thing for sure, Everton has no reason to be too worried about losing him as they are heavily linked with Sigurdsson which should be a fine replacement. However, considering the swan are selling him 50M, I do understand the asking price for Barkley. Everton propably don't want to lose too much money for swapping a 23 year old for a 27 year after all.

@quikzyyy I agree with you about him being a bit over-rated, I don't think he has enough quality to impose himself in some of the top club in England and in Europe.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

He should go to Tottenham imo, he will propably get more play-time there than at Chelsea where Kante, Bakayoko and Fabregas (maybe Matic as well) are gonna block him. I mean, its the problem with Chelsea 2 man midfield, doesn't really leave a lot of place for new player. One thing for sure, Everton has no reason to be too worried about losing him as they are heavily linked with Sigurdsson which should be a fine replacement. However, considering the swan are selling him 50M, I do understand the asking price for Barkley. Everton propably don't want to lose too much money for swapping a 23 year old for a 27 year after all.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

He really lacks game intelligence but on his day he can be awesome, and I think Conte would make him get back on track. I still remember original hype around him when he had. He can potentially be great with creating chances, although I heard by some Everton fans he played better on RW/RM (they also played 343, somehow I missed those games).

If I was Chelsea fan, I wouldn't really go all in for him. Maybe just my opinion, but Spurs would be better for him.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I doubt United will try, but I'd be pleased if we did. United needs a CAM, and neither Miki nor Mata proved they could do the job last season. I am currently hoping we'll give Andreas a shot, but if we got Barkley I'd take that too.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

@sun Mkhitaryan > Barkley everyday

we already have a huge amount of attacking midfielders..buying more will not help anything...we need to train the ones we have to become better

I think now we have Mkhitaryan, Mata, Lingard, Pereira and McTominay fighting for this spot I think the competition will drive them to improve

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11429

@nigel Agree with you there, Mkhi is way better than Barkley, only problem is that he is a bit injury prone. :( Anyway, Mata is also solid and Lingard is progressively getting better.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Numerous sources claim that we are set to sign Ross Barkley for 15m imminently. An absolute steal if it is true.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Indeed. I'd love to see Barkley outside Everton's system, he has all the ability in the world, just can't seem to put it together.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

15M? If this is true Eden, then your are so lucky with that signature, considering how good he still is, the potential he has and the fact he is still so young.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

If he decides to work hard and improve, €15M is nothing for him. He is one of most talented English midfielders right now, I remember when he was 18/19 and had some unbeliveable perfomances, or how good he was in 2015/16. I honestly doubt Conte can't make him one of best midfielders in PL.