Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Sir Alex Ferguson on Paul Pogba (In 2012)
Gennady 5 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Sir Alex Ferguson spoke out about Paul Pogba when he first left Manchester United and what he said was spot on.

United received less than £1million for him and it left Sir Alex Ferguson raging.

“Pogba signed for Juventus a long time ago as far as we’re aware,” the manager told MUTV at the time. “It’s a bit disappointing because I don’t think he showed us any respect at all. To be honest, if they carry on that way, I’m quite happy that he’s away, from me, anyway.”

Sir Alex wasn't done. He went on to criticise Paul Pogba's agent, Mino Raiola, who clearly has a big influence on his clients when it comes to business.

In his autobiography 'Leading', the Scotsman said: "There are one or two football agents I simply do not like. And Mino Raiola, Paul Pogba's agent, is one of them."

"No one's bigger than the club'' - Sir Alex Ferguson

Comments
amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

He is absolutely correct. The players he had back then were so good that selling a disrespectful Pogba wasn't a big deal. The problem Ole has is that Pogba is now United's best outfield player, I think I would try to keep him but not make him bigger than the club, he hasn't produced enough to be in the same sentence as the likes of Scholes, Keane and Carrick, so there's no way that United should treat him that way.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Haha Mino Raiola basically provided half of United’s team this past 3 years: Lukaku, Ibra, Mkhitaryan, Pogba.

Apparently bastard is making close to what Messi and Ronaldo are making. Btw he was also Balotellis agent - we all remember how much of a trouble Balotelli was at City, Inter, even at Liverpool - player became cancer.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@Marcus2011 To be fair, half of the player you named aren't in Manchester anymore and one more might be on his way as well (Lukaku). Mino Raiola player don't do well in United for some reason it seem. Maybe because they are more attracted by the money and the statut it give them rather than giving their all for the teams and its fans.

And yeah, I agree with Sir Alex:

No one's bigger than the club

Heck, even team like PSG are realizing this and are considering getting rid of Neymar.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Good talent with bad attitude is bad talent.

Ibrahimovic’s doesn’t have an agent, he adopted Raiola then made him rich and fat.