Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

[SPOILERS] Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion
MichealClark 5 years ago Edited
Arsenal, New Zealand 7 28

Hey, any GOT fans here?
Let's discuss the events happened in Season 8. I am not satisfied with the third episode in which NK was killed. What do y9ou think about the death was it justified to kill a character such as NK in an instant?
P.S What do you say to the lord of Death when he asks let's watch Game of Thrones live online and spoils others episode?
"NOT TODAY"

enter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Hey, any GOT fans here?
Let's discuss the events happened in Season 8. I am not satisfied with the third episode in which NK was killed. What do y9ou think about the death was it justified to kill a character such as NK in an instant?
P.S What do you say to the lord of Death when he asks let's watch Game of Thrones live online and spoils others episode?
"NOT TODAY"

Comments
DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

Might be my all time fav TV show and have been watching since day one.

I did like how and when the Night King died as I thought it was fitting. Tons of foreshadowing led up to that moment and lots of characters played their part to have that exact moment happen.

Now I am curious about who will sit on the throne at the end. Should Dani and Jon die, which is still possible, I see Tyrion will sit on the iron throne. He is the most deserving with his growth over time.

Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I thought the ending was embarrassing. Several plotholes I've noticed throughout the episode...

• Why didn't Drogon fly away while Dany was still on her back? He could have saved her this way. Dragons are supposed to be more intelligent than men, according to some maesters
  • How did Jorah miraculously appear outside the walls of Winterfell (where there were only hordes of the Dead) to save Dany?
  • How did Jorah still keep fighting after so many stabs to the chest?
  • How did Jon survive being completely surrounded by the Dead OUTSIDE of Winterfell?
  • How did Jon walk through an invaded Winterfell almost completely unscathed? Are the Dead afraid to attack someone from the side or the back? Are they so honorable that they only attack the living from the front?
  • How did such a massive cast of characters, who were in the front lines, survive? Most notably Jaime, who only has his weak arm.
  • Why were the other Walkers not doing anything at all? Only the wights were attacking. The Walkers are their most powerful force, and they just stood there?
  • How did Arya sneak up behind those Walkers? They just stand there as an assassination attempt on their leader happens?
  • Why did Jon think it was a good idea to roar at a dragon? Is that going to help you defeat it? At least hold up your weapon like you're going to throw it at the bastard.
  • Beric dies something like 10 times before, but his final death (his "purpose" for which the LOTL kept him alive) is just to act as a wall like Hodor?
  • What the fuck was Melisandre doing inside that room when Arya and the Hound found her? How did Arya leave that room without running into wights? Why didn't the wights enter through the same entrance that Arya used to escape? (Only solution I can think of is that Arya escaped via a rooftop)
    • Why the fuck was it Arya who killed the NK. This man is built up as a demon for the ages who once brought in a Long Night for more than a decade. Only the Last Hero was able to push him back, and it was prophecised that another hero will come thousands of years later to achieve the same task, but this time for good. The NK was built up for so many seasons and so many hours as this impossible enemy that will take all of mankind to defeat. And only one man is destined to defeat him - Jon, seemingly. The Walkers were entirely Jon's story arc, and DnD completely ignored this to "break expectations". They completely ruined the show retroactively by having Arya kill the NK because "everyone expected Jon to do it". Now, Hardhome seems like a joke because you know how pathetic the Long Night really ends up being. It doesn't even end up being a Long Night. Just a single, solitary night, at the end of which the bringer of the apocalypse is ended by an up-start teenager.
Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Honestly, this is what happens when a man of genius leaves a task unfulfilled, and mediocre men pick it up and decide to finish it. It's like if Michelangelo drew half a mural, and you and I decided we were going to finish the work of art. DnD are complete buffoons compared to Martin. It's painfully obvious as the show deteriorates more and more the INSTANT we surpass the books. Rewatching GOT seasons 2-3 and seasons 7-8 makes it seem like a completely different show.

Marshall2118 5 years ago Edited
Paris Saint Germain 5 88

I feel that a lot of your questions have easy answers... We are watching a show with dragons and zombies and you say that it is weird that a guy with one hand survived a fight :). I believe you are been a little too difficult. I mean most of stories like these are more about symbolism that anything else. It doesn't take anything away from the show... And it actually makes sense that Arya did what she did seen her evolution and training during all the seasons. And Melissandra and Beric are odd characters to begin with, connected to deities and all that, so for them to be at the right place at the right time is not that surprising...
I believe people are mad because they saw the NK as the final vilain and were disapointed to see him fall but in the end its not that surprising and for once that a show doesn't have an obvious narrative, i'm not going to complain.

Also, there are 3 episodes left. We dont have the full story yet so lets not rush to conclusions about this or that. Perhaps things will make more sense in the end.

• History

I feel that a lot of your questions have easy answers... We are watching a show with dragons and zombies and you say that it is weird that a guy with one hand survived a fight :). I believe you are been a little too difficult. I mean most of stories like these are more about symbolism that anything else. It doesn't take anything away from the show... And it actually makes sense that Arya did what she did seen her evolution and training during all the seasons. And Melissandra and Beric are odd characters to begin with, connected to deities and all that, so for them to be at the right place at the right time is not that surprising...
I believe people are mad because they saw the NK as the final vilain and were disapointed to him him fall but in the end its not that surprising and for once that a show doesn't have an obvious narrative, i'm not going to complain.

Also, there are 3 episodes left. We dont have the full story yet so lets not rush to conclusions about this or that. Perhaps things will make more sense in the end.

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Big fan of the show. Anyone also part of Reddit here? Which GoT team page are you part of? I think Tyrion will claim the iron throne.

I personally enjoyed the third episode, although I can understand why many are upset by how quick the NK was killed (7 seasons of build up and all it took was a simple stab in the stomach). Other than this, it was good overall for a standalone GoT episode. I was crying buckets when Theon died (he was one of my favourites), and I need to also mention Jorah? T_T

• History

Big fan of the show. Anyone also part of Reddit here? Which GoT team page are you part of? I think Tyrion will claim the iron throne. I personally enjoyed the third episode, although I can understand why many are upset by how quick the NK was killed (7 seasons of build up and all it took was a simple stab in the stomach). Other than this, it was good overall for a standalone GoT episode. I was crying buckets when Theon died (he was one of my favourites), and I need to also mention Jorah? T_T

Greatone 5 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

I think the response to his complaints by saying its basically a fantasy/tv show is weak. TV shows and fantasy might be illogical but they still have to follow their own logic otherwise it breaks the connection between the viewer and the show. A good show doesn't need to explain things explicitly, people understand it from their own logic. The viewer wants to believe it, and our brains try to make it believable by tying things together but its hard to when the show's logic is twisted.

In any case it all seemed too easy for all the main characters. It was too predictable that a fight against the NK this early in the last season wouldn't kill that many because otherwise it would be a ghost town later on. The only people that that night was hard for was anyone who wasn't important like the poor dothraki who got murdered by their commanders. (which just dont make sense to waste them like that)

The only good thing about this is it gives the opportunity to create a real struggle against Cersei, but they could've done that by making the NK and his crew more powerful, not everyone else (but the main cast) weaker.

srk_rox 5 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

The reason why the show unbelievably large audience was because of awesome script writing, and good dialogues, conversations.
The day RR Martin stopped writing, and TV guys thought that they are smart enough to carry forward the show, the quality started coming down. The last episode was a clear case of poor writing.

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Episode 4 was another emotional roller coaster, but how unfair was it that Ghost did not receive the gratitude and love he rightfully deserves from Jon, after going through thick and thin for him throughout his life? At least pat the beast, Jon. Good episode overall.

• History

Episode 4 was another emotional roller coaster, but how unfair was it that Ghost did not receive the gratitude and love he rightfully deserves from Jon, after going through thick and thin for him throughout his life? That was bad writing.

DarthFooty 5 years ago

@iHEARTFootball Yes, pet that wolf man, he battled for you and has always protected you! Jon is too wrapped up in how he can make his relationship work with his family and the throne.

It's odd that I was more sad that an imaginary creature goes down, more than some main characters. O.0

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I also think calling just TV show and fantasy is an easy excuse to create illogical scenes thus killing the experience and joy of watching the show.

I for example, didn't understand why waste entire cavalry in the dark by throwing them head on frontal attack against tight formation ? I played Total wars years ago, I have never wasted my cavalry like this unless they were against skirmishes or archers. Cavalry are always used for manevours and flanking. Hitting the enemy at the weak spots, counter attacking, drawing forces to certain areas or routing them in retreat etc ways GOT could have made it very cool use of Dothrakis who were so amazing apparently.

What I saw in GOT is complete lack of respect to viewers intelligence. Don't treat your audience like dumb arses. They are basically rushing through everything without much thought.

The reason why the show unbelievably large audience was because of awesome script writing, and good dialogues, conversations.

Very well made point. There are intelligent people who are watching this show not just fantasy and brainless fanatics of the fairy world movie. I felt directors lost their strategy and what made this show amazing. They turned Tyrion Lanister into incompetent and drunken fool. I mean he was drinking and fcking before but he was a lot smarter and sharper.. now he is diminished to just some lanister imp.

• History

I also think calling just TV show and fantasy is an easy excuse to create illogical scenes thus killing the experience and joy of watching the show.

I for example, didn't understand why waste entire cavalry in the dark by throwing them head on frontal attack against tight formation ? I played Total wars years ago, I have never wasted my cavalry like this unless they were against skirmishes or archers. Cavalry are always used for manevours and flanking. Hitting the enemy at the weak spots, counter attacking, drawing forces to certain areas or routing them in retreat etc ways GOT could have made it very cool use of Dothrakis who were so amazing apparently. What I saw in GOT is complete lack of respect to viewers intelligence. Don't treat your audience like dumb arses. They are basically rushing through everything without much thought.

Very well made point. There are intelligent people who are watching this show not just fantasy and brainless fanatics of the fairy world movie. I felt directors lost their strategy and what made this show amazing. They turned Tyrion Lanister into incompetent and drunken fool. I mean he was drinking and fcking before but he was a lot smarter and sharper.. now he is diminished to just some lanister imp.

DarthFooty 5 years ago

@Marcus2011 Completely agree with the Dothraki just being wasted and feel that if the show did not just want to show you in a "Holy Hell, they wiped out all them", way, we should have seen a smarter use. Shame on them for being lazy.

As for Tyrion, I feel his blunders are because he is getting pushed by Dani to be perfect. She looks at him as a traitor on one hand, a completely inept council on another, all while expecting him to have it all figured out. He is second guessing himself.

I think his progress as a character has been one of the most compelling and can actually see him sitting on the Throne in the end.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@darth

Have you already seen episode 4?

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited

I wanted to see way more from Dothraki soldiers. I expected to square off against Golden Company alongside Unsuillied. They are rushing to finish these series and ruining entire reputation of the show.

What a shame. They could have made much more money if they were patiently making these series with more thought and work put into. The budget isn't the issue but greed to cut the cost and make more money. In return, movie art is suffering. G.R. Martin always takes time to write his books, and that is why they are brilliant.

• History

I wanted to see way more from Dothraki soldiers. I expected to square off against Golden Company alongside Unsuillied. They are rushing to finish these series and ruining entire reputation of the show.

What a shame. They could have made much more money if they were patiently making these series with more thought and work put into. The budget isn't the issue but greed to cut the cost and make more money. In return, movie art is suffering. R.G Martin always takes time to write his books, and that is why they are brilliant.

DarthFooty 5 years ago Edited

@Marcus I have watched eps 4 and it begs to ask who not only kills Cersi, but who will kill Dani as well. Given they both have green eyes, Arya still has her "prophecy" to contend with.

I can see Arya killing Dani, to protect Jon. I can see Jamie coming all the way back and killing Cersi. If Jon survives, he would take the throne, but I want the show to hit harder on more major characters, so I would feel Jon would die, then either Sansa or Tyrion takes the throne.

Too bad Martin didn't have the books done before the series pushed past. Not sure how much influence he has with the current writers of the show.

• History

@Marcus I have watched eps 4 and it begs to ask who not only kills Cersi, but who will kill Dani as well. Given they both have green eyes, Arya still has her "prophecy" to contend with.

I can see Arya killing Dani, to protect Jon. I can see Jamie coming all the way back and killing Cersi. If Jon survives, he would take the throne, but I want the show to hit harder on more major characters, so I would feel Jon would die, then either Sansa or Tyrion takes the throne.

Too bad Martin didn't have the books done before the series pushed past. Not sure how much influence her has with the current writers of the show.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

I am not so in depth with the story line so I decided that I will read the final book to get the best from the best and perhaps read prior books too. They are long though.. lol but I bet captivating

I think Martin is taking time to write them and I wouldn’t be surprised that HBO asked him to take time so people won’t get spoilers. He has no influence on last episode at all.

I don’t abour green eyes. I remember Melisandra saying that she already shut green eyes and it was time for blue. So are you saying she has few more eyes to shut? Lol

I was watching a show last time and it felt like they are rushing so much.. but anyways.. the way Raeghar dragon died was very disappointing considering that they are flying so high up how in the world they didn’t notice ships?

I don’t like Dany. I understand she went through so much but be loyal to your house and do what’s right. They could both rule but greed is tearing her apart. I also think that even if she didn’t have dragons somethint else would have saved them like Arya

Dani has definitely lost it and it pushed Varys to consider assassination, or Arya to defend Jon. The green eyes was mentioned, as you said, so perhaps Arya would only be on a protection mission over her "destiny".

Rhaegar going out so easy pissed me off. How are they so accurate being on water, with every shot hitting the dragon????? Nope! Plus, how are they not seen, nor expected since Tyrion and company knew they were with Cersi? Perhaps another thing Dani blames Tyrion for?

I will be reading the books again and finishing them this time. I got through the first two when I had more time on my hands, but life got really busy, then the show sort of took over. :P

• History

Dani has definitely lost it and it pushed Varys to consider assassination, or Arya to defend Jon. The green eyes was mentioned, as you said, so perhaps Arya would only be on a protection mission over her "destiny".

Rhaegar going out so easy pissed me off. How are they so accurate being on water, with every shot hitting the dragon????? Nope! Plus, how are they not seen, nor expected since Tyrion and company knew they were with Cersi? Perhaps anything thing Dani blames Tyrion for?

I will be reading the books again and finishing them this time. I got through the first two when I had more time on my hands, but life got really busy, then the show sort of took over. :P

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Dani May have lost but Varys has lost the plot too. He has promised to be honest with her but now he is playing his old tricks again. Like they comrade Varys is loyal to proletariat. He had his life spared by her, so I hope he doesn’t do stupid thing like going against her. They should better find resolution.

Also, wasn’t golden company supposed to join winterfel battle against the Night Kong’s army?

I found it funny how they also met Cercei with like 20 men haha obviously they couldn’t afford more soldiers lol amean brah just hire people to stand around wouldn’t cost too much and many would do for free. I would do for free lol

GOt has build amazing reputation and it seems like they are going to mess it all up with one last season. Lol one season will debunk all 7 great seasons.

You know everytime someone talks to Arya, even when Jon did, I was like boy you better be careful with your words that pussy cat will rip cut your face out and wear it pretending to be you.

Dani and Jon will walk in to "arrest" Cersi as she is sitting on the throne, yet they are surprised as Arya pulls off Cersi's face. She got to Cersi while wearing Jamies face, and got to Jamie while wearing Bronn's face. HAHA

Very Silence of the Lambs!

• History

Dani and Jon will walk in to "arrest" Cersi as she is sitting on the throne, yet they are surprised as Arya pulls off Cersi's face. She got to Cersi while wearing Jamies face, and got to Jamie while wearing Bronn's face. HAHA

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Lol Arya can pretty much finish the season 8 in one episode.

srk_rox 5 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

Another 1 hour and 80 minutes of my life I won't get back !!!..
Haha... Thoughts ,guys? :D :P