Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

[SPOILERS] Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion
MichealClark 5 years ago Edited
Arsenal, New Zealand 7 28

Hey, any GOT fans here?
Let's discuss the events happened in Season 8. I am not satisfied with the third episode in which NK was killed. What do y9ou think about the death was it justified to kill a character such as NK in an instant?
P.S What do you say to the lord of Death when he asks let's watch Game of Thrones live online and spoils others episode?
"NOT TODAY"

enter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Hey, any GOT fans here?
Let's discuss the events happened in Season 8. I am not satisfied with the third episode in which NK was killed. What do y9ou think about the death was it justified to kill a character such as NK in an instant?
P.S What do you say to the lord of Death when he asks let's watch Game of Thrones live online and spoils others episode?
"NOT TODAY"

Comments
Tuanis 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Well... i don't think any show in history has ever raised so much expectation. Knowing that, it was going to disappoint one way or another. I've seen people complaining way too much. I don't think these episodes have been so bad tbh. After ep.2 we knew the season was going to have a different tone that many of us don't like and were not expecting.

Regarding this episode specifically, It was visually pleasing and kept the tension very high for the whole run time. I lowered my hopes for a great season long ago and now the only thing I want is for the ending to be unexpected, not something we could have all predicted. I hate what they did to Cersei and specially Jaime. Daenerys we could see from miles away that she was going to go crazy which kinda ruins her character ark imo but.. at least we'll have a few very interesting ending episodes.

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I'm all for putting things into perspectives on the show, but there's an unwanted and continuously thinning distinction between reality and a TV show done by the writers that I'm not liking. Throughout the seasons, I liked the fact that there were a lot of twists and climaxes, all that had some backbone to it through the writing. This season, however, is....meh.

Obviously, under 6 episodes, it has to be rushed, but this just feels almost too rushed for me to digest. Varys's death was too sudden, Qyburn's death was abrupt (although a bit satisfying to watch). Daenery's decisions were very brash and short-sighted, there was a disappointing character development amongst the Golden company (no elephants was a bad start), the war scene just turned out to be amazingly one-sided on Dany's favour. How did things get so easy for the breaker of chains? I thought Cersei had bigger plans up her sleeves, or at least had some fight in her. Where was the Wildfire?

I found that there were too many events happening in this episode and the writing behind it all didn't do much justice for it. Some characters dying deserved some form of a decent closure, out of respect for the characters, and more importantly, the actors who played them for so long. There's too much of 'reality' being mixed in with this show thus far, and it's suddenly becoming a bit 'too real' for me to enjoy watching it as a TV show. Hope people get what I'm saying here.

Tuanis 5 years ago

Guys.. Guys.. Im sorry

I just realized this season has 6 episodes in it not 8..

What the actual fffffffuck?!

Im actually really pissed now. I was a bit optimistic because they could still manage to pull off a decent ending but after what we've seen, this whole tv show just went downhill.

This video summarizes a few really good points on why it all ended up being terrible.

raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Cersei dying by getting crushed by the red keep is poetic bit my god that's the least satisfying death in the show. This season is underwhelming and now I'm.guessing Dany has to be killed off because she went crazy.

DarthFooty 5 years ago Edited
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

While I agree the season does feel rushed and decisions seem just way off the cuff, especially after we know they can flush out very smart plots. Even with a shorter season, I don't excuse the writers for being lazy or forced. They easily could have had HBO do one or two more episodes without any issue, they are raking in the money!

Opinion:
Cersi's death should have been at the hands of Jamie. He was possibly mortally wounded in that fight with Euron, and Jamie should have stabbed Cersi to have her last breath go with his. Granted the castle fell on them in the end but his wanting to save her life just turned his transition and growth completely around. Plus she needed to die in a more meaningful way.

Arya is not done with Dani, and the green eyes thing still might be prophetic. Jon and Dani will never be the same after her exhibition of rage and I can see the Unsullied and remaining Dothraki turning on Jon and his side.

The hounds death was fitting and fun to watch. As he realized that his brother was not mortal anymore, you can see his turn in perspective as he laughs at himself.

One more episode...…..

• History

While I agree the season does feel rushed and decisions seem just way off the cuff, especially after we know they can flush out very smart plots. Even with a shorter season, I don't excuse the writers for being lazy or forced. They easily could have had HBO do one or two more episodes without any issue, they are raking in the money!

Opinion:
Cersi's death should have been at the hands of Jamie. He was possibly mortally wounded in that fight with Euron, and Jamie should have stabbed Cersi to have her last breath go with his. Granted the castle feel on them in the end but his wanting to save her life just turned his transition and growth completely around. Plus she needed to die in a more meaningful way.

Arya is not done with Dani, and the green eyes thing still might be prophetic. Jon and Dani will never be the same after her exhibition of rage and I can see the Unsullied and remaining Dothraki turning on Jon and his side.

The hounds death was fitting and fun to watch. As he realized that his brother was not mortal anymore, you can see his turn in perspective as he laughs at himself.

One more episode...…..

Greatone 5 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

Actually hbo asked for them to do more episodes and the writers said no

Yes, I'm also not convinced by Jaime and Cersei's death. It just doesn't seem right, even for GoT's standards. Hope they survived somehow (feel bad for saying this, considering how hated Cersei is as a character).

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Everything was like meh.. Disappointing indeed.

Tuanis 5 years ago

Wow... This has got to be one of the worst final seasons in history of television.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Hold on.. let me finish watching it..

Marcus2011 5 years ago

What a load of sht! Complete pile of garbage! Holly crap! I am so glad I didn’t pay a single dime to watch it but my time which actually is more precious ... so on second thought .. it is even worse..

Garbage ending.

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago Edited

You can have a bad ending to a TV hit show, but then there's this.

• History

You can have a bad ending to a TV hit show, and then there's this.

DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

I am trying to figure out if my disappointment was more because the show is officially done or if it was how it ended.

I am not loving most of the ending but I can see how some of it fits with the characters.

Jon fits best in the wild so him getting cast out actually works for him.
Sansa only wanted the North to govern itself and now she gets to rule her land as an official queen.
Arya is still restless and will never be a "proper" lady, so her trotting off to the unknown fits.
Tyrone has 9 lives and his appointment as Bran's hand makes the most sense.
Bran...…………………… I got nothing on him...….. Not what I pictured for sure.

Questions about the size of the Dothraki and Unsullied armies at the end make you scratch your head. Where did Drogon take Dani's body? How was a creature the smartest character in the whole show with burning the throne to the ground?

Greatone 5 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

darth, the problem is .. it all fits. GOT has never been a "fitting" show, they destroyed the essence of what made GOT great, the idea that the story is logical and that sometimes the bad guy wins, the ending was too nice, easy and everything fit with what people wanted.. that's not the reality that GOT has been telling us this all these seasons.