Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

SPORTING LISBON REAL NAME CORRECTION
_Marcos_ 8 years ago
Sporting CP, Portugal 15 264

THE OFFICIAL NAME OF SPORTING LISBON IS "SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL" OR "SPORTING CP".

Can the administration of footyroom do something about it?!

Cheers

Comments
tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Sporting CP is better, but Sporting Lisbon is ok too, it's in English speaking. And most people used to this name.

SunFlash 8 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

When I worked at Sporting's Academy out of Toronto, it was officially Sporting FC, but everyone who worked there referred to it as Sporting Lisbon, or just Sporting. For someone who isn't already familiar with the club, there's really no way they can figure out where it's based from Sporting CP alone. CP itself only narrows it down to a country.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

When I worked at Sporting's Academy out of Toronto, it was officially Sporting CP, but everyone who worked there referred to it as Sporting Lisbon, or just Sporting. For someone who isn't already familiar with the club, there's really no way they can figure out where it's based from Sporting CP alone. CP itself only narrows it down to a country.

_Marcos_ 8 years ago
Sporting CP, Portugal 15 264

I know that most english people are used to Sporting Lisbon, but it is incorrect. Is bad translation. CP means "Club of Portugal" not "Club of Lisbon"... Anyway, I try... Please consider it.

VAMOSBenfica 8 years ago
15 183

Lol :) Laughed at this thread. Haven't seen you on this forum Marcos before, good to see a Sporting fan, what do you think about the recent sales of Slimani to Leicester, Mario to Inter and maybe Adrien to Leicester? I thought you would go all in for CL this year and keep all players, but no?

ZeB6pt 8 years ago
FC Porto, Portugal 0 6

I dont understand why people refer to Sporting CP has Sporting Lisbon (Sporting Clube de Portugal = Sporting Club of Portugal)
I'm not a sporting cp fan, but i got to admit, its a lack of respect

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

He's right, the name should be changed to Sporting CP at the least. If people can't recognize them by their green and white jerseys then they don't know Portuguese football.

VAMOSBenfica 8 years ago
15 183

ZeB6pt, I don't think it's a matter of disrespect from Footyroom's side, a very respectable site (who happens to use the name "Sporting Lisbon"), but a lack of knowledge that Sporting is called Sporting CP.

Would be good of Footyroom to change it to the correct name though of course.