Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Quikzyyy's Journey
quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I know this is a big off topic, but I feel like I need help.

Have anyone of you encountered with suicidal thoughts? How did you overcome it?

Comments
raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Hey man. Doing this right here, opening up about how you feel, is a giant step in the right direction. I'm glad you chose us as an outlet to express your feelings. I don't think anyone has done that.

A lot of people here are willing to listen and advice and just talk whenever you need it. The great thing is that many of us have different timezones so someone is always up and available to help.

I studied nursing so I have a set point of view on suicide and mental health. I know life can have rough patches but just know it's momentary. You matter more to the people around you than you give yourself credit for. A lot of good suggestions were thrown around but the best one I can give you is just talk to multiple people about it. Us, family, a therapist (there is 0 shame in it. Even renowned football players spoke about the importance of therapists and mental health), just anyone willing to listen.

If you need to speak about more personal/private things I'm always willing to listen and help out. Just tell me and I'll be there.

Tomorrow is another day, and it might be the best day yet. keep your head up. Also, the world cup is coming man!

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Eh Quik

i havnt read what everyone else posted here
but ive been in a dark place myself before

|You gotta realize there is a big difference between actually wanting to kill yourself and just wanting the pain and suffering to end.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Its ok to feel like shit sometime, hell worse than that, t but your a good dude and you gotta love yourself man,

I dont even know you and i think your great

Hope this helps

WENGER OUT! hang in there bro

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Also, as far as over coming it , making this post is was a great idea

You have to talk about it, F U K the stigma associated with mental health dude

If you broke your arm would you not tell anyone and just try to fix it yourself?

Think of your mental health as any other part of your health , you just can pyhsically seee it touch it

For me , being honest with people who cared about me , my parents, family and friends, even some coworkers,

talking to my doctor, and a lot of self introspection, periods of depression are normal , ever more so nowadays , but if you find

you have been feeling this way for a few months now and it is hard to see things being any other way, you need to reach out man

Sometimes out brain chemistry needs some help getting back in shape,

As far as overcoming depression its is different for everyone, i dont think i have overcome mine but i am doing a hell of a lot better than i was a few months ago

Anywyas dude, send me a message if you want to talk more.... here for ya

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Quikzy, mate I had similar thoughts before don't let it get to you but try to find a new aim and goal. Take small steps and remember you matter to your family. They love and care for you and don't ever try to leave this world because for them you are their world.

I suggest finding religion is good but if you are an atheist then read or listen to audio of Jordan Peterson's 12 Rules of life or watch his videos because he helped me a lot and I hope he helps you too.

Motivation videos don't help but understanding yourself and value of life by analyzing yourself and your surroundings help. Learn about yourself is my advise because you will realize so much value that you have in you. Value which is appreciated by other people around you, including me. Keep us updated.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I really wanna thank every single of you, every single of your words means much to me, more than you can imagine probably. (weird huh?) Even tho hard times are ahead, this day looks too beautiful, too sunny, for a suicide. I need to be around people atm, whenever I'm alone just a few minutes in the car I'm thinking about ending it.

WENGER OUT! hang in there bro

I would say you're damn wizard and made that little smile on my face!

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golefty You actually made it happen didn't you? :O

@quikzyyy We'll do our best to keep supporting you through this mate. :) And stay with people, whatever help not thinking about it, you should try to do as much as possible. Take care my friend, thing will get better. ;)

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Thanks for posting this @quikzyyy, it must have taken real courage.

Like you and it seems many other people on this forum, I have gone through rough patches and had similar feelings. For me what worked was isolating myself from what was making my depressed, forgetting about it and focusing on what I enjoyed doing and who I enjoyed being with. I know this sounds quite patronising and simplistic, but that's just what worked for me.

What you said about losing enjoyment in the things you used to like, I know the feeling. What I found though is if you hang in there, things do get better and you will grow to love those things again.

Working towards something can definitely help. Even if it's just a small thing, a small reason to hang on for the next period of time can give a point to life.

We're all here for you bro.

DarthFooty 6 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1096

The fact that you, and many others here have been willing to share on the topic is huge. It is easy to ignore someone, especially on the internet.

Like it was mentioned, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Having someone to talk to might seem like it is not helping, but it really is.

My suggestion, outside speaking with someone on a fairly regular basis, is to really figure out how to take care of yourself. You mention now that you have a GF, things are better. Of course they are because you have someone to share things with right now. Take some time to really think of what makes you, YOU. What really makes you sad, happy, angry, ect... Next, move to make changes to help prevent that anger, that sadness. If you can't be comfortable with YOU, it will always be hard when you start to feel alone again.

People really don't take care of themselves well enough. Sure we need others.... we are a social being, but we should be able to be comfortable with ourselves enough to be alone as well. Not for the long haul mind you, but for the in between.

Find someone you can talk to. REALLY talk to, and then take a step by step approach to really understand what makes you tick. From there, set goals (Reachable goals) to target rougher areas about yourself. With those goals, as you pass each one, you will find yourself with more confidence, more peace of mind, and allow yourself to feel more calm.

Listen to others with both ears! You have two ears and one mouth for a reason. You should talk less and listen more. Learn the world around you. Pick things to apply to your own life and act on them. None of this works if you dont actually try to fix YOU.

"To the world you might be just one person, but to one person you might be the world!"

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

If you can't be comfortable with YOU, it will always be hard when you start to feel alone again.

Exactly, I feel like I don't like myself, no matter how I try. I'm perfectionist and I think it grew into the unreal goals which are not even possible for any human being. Specially with how nowadays society works. Everyone pretending like they are perfect while the reality is somewhere totally else.

Trust me, it's terrible when it grows. When you keep it only in the way where you need it, like in work, it's amazing. You see the details which can make the difference if people will chose your work because it's literally perfect, of someone else who didn't care about such details.

But once you let it grow, you see too much. You brain starts to focus on too much things, which don't make any sense for anyone else. (If you saw Prison Break you could compare it to Micheal Scofield). You see problems, which don't even exist for anyone else. They simply take it, but with this mind you're barely satisfied.

The brain is taking so much information that when someone asks you simple question, you start thinking about it so deep and no one understands it. Often is, someone says a joke and you want to evolve it, but you see the connection no one else does. Often it ends that 5 minutes later, who is still thinking about that will say: oh you meant it that way! And then they finally understand the joke. And even if they finally laugh, for the next time you rather stay quiet, you feel so different, you don't feel comfortable. Like you don't belong there or anyone else. Then later, when I get home I start to think about it. Why can't I simply think about it so simple, let it go? Thinking too much about different, easier outcomes, making myself less valuable then others.

I often put other people who are close to me ahead of my own. I care more about them more than about me, so I kinda expect they will help me when I really need the help, but that's where I'm wrong..

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Its ok to care about other people but you shouldn't put their well-being over your own, especially if you realize your helping them more than they helping you. People tend to forget easily favor you make for them, its hard sometime to remind them of that. If you're confortable enough with these folk, you might want to explain you expect a bit more comeback from them when you give them an hand. Even if it just saying stuff like "you owe me" when you help someone.

bluezz 6 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

i had those thoughts. still have them but always think about your parents. they will be devastated if anything happened to you and the worst thing in the world is to see your parents sad.

KTBFFHSWE 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

@quickzyy mate, hope you're better now.. life sucks sometimes.. remember that you're a champ when it does. A friendly advise..Go talk to your doctor and ask him for this prescription drug called sertralin.. It's a non-adictive presciption drug for depression. I've been on it in the past and it works wonders.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Wow thought it was a football post ! Stay strong Quickzy. What doesn’t kill you make you stronger.
I had many difficult moments in the past, I regret now to have been that affected at that time. If you wake up and say today no matter what I will have fun. You will stay positive. Friends who left when you needed them made you a favor, because when Sun will shine again they won’t benefit from you. Only advice, avoid drugs and antidepressants, go on holiday and talk to foreign people you will see sadness is a matter of time...

Wenger is leaving, not really the moment to make a joke but at least good things are comming for the club you support :)

tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

And you are a pretty funny guy, I appreciate your sarcastic comments on Arsenal or other clubs.
You should Ben important for yourself first, what others think of you doesn’t really matter. If people at work talk crap for professional reasons they should be ashamed of themselves, FACE THEM, TELL THEM WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT. You will see then you will feel more comfortable and they would feel the opposite. At the end you are 100% fit and healthy, you have a job and a GF, tell yourself you are part of 10% of most blessed people on the planet, rest is on psychological. Health and family are the most important things in life, the rest not as important.

For the fact you are a gunner, sorry mate I have no solution for that :p

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

And you are a pretty funny guy, I appreciate your sarcastic comments on Arsenal or other clubs.
You should Ben important for yourself first, what others think of you doesn’t really matter. If people at work talk crap for professional reasons they should be ashamed of themselves, FACE THEM, TELL THEM WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT. You will see then you will feel more comfortable and they would feel the opposite. At the end you are 100% fit and healthy, you have a job and a GF, tell yourself you are part of 10% of most blessed people on the planet, rest is on psychological.

For the fact you are a gunner, sorry mate I have no solution for that :p

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Its ok to care about other people but you shouldn't put their well-being over your own, especially if you realize your helping them more than they helping you

I wish I knew how to do that.. It's just that I think if I'm here for them, I expect them to be here for me.. I'm too naive for that. I've been burnt so many times that I still search for the light, which simply isn't there. I hope one day I will be strong enough to say these people where have you been when I needed you? straight into face.

always think about your parents.

Yes, when I was at the rooftop looking down, it was probably the main reason I didn't end it. My mom wouldn't survive it. I just kinda wish there would be the way without hurting the family.

You should Ben important for yourself first

I think I need to print this and keep it in front of my eyes all the time. My confidence is so low now that I put everyone in front of me. I value their happiness more than mine.

For the fact you are a gunner, sorry mate I have no solution for that

Thank God for that, at least I can make fun of myself for doing such a poor job choosing club haha.

Despite we played a very good match yesterday (I mean, guys here, in my city) and it felt good winning, lately I fell into depression again, felt lonely, thinking too much, couldn't sleep.. Was thinking about simply going out and get drunk, despite I hate drinking and got drunk maybe like 4 times in my whole life.. I go from happy mood when being surrounded by people into that stupid suicide mood just by being alone for a while... :/

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

I just kinda wish there would be the way without hurting the family.

Trust me on this, there isn't, even far away relative get touched by this kind of thing. :( Still, I hope you realize thats because there are people that love you right now and would miss you if you would be gone. Like us for example, I can assure you I would be devasted if you suddenly stopped coming on FR out a sudden. Have faith man, we're all rooting for you to get better and know you can do it. ;)

liomessi10 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

I go from happy mood when being surrounded by people into that stupid suicide mood just by being alone for a while

omg that is so true for me!!

also takes like the slightest 'bad' thing to go into that mood.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I go from happy mood when being surrounded by people into that stupid suicide mood just by being alone for a while

omg that is so true for me!!

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Exactly, arrived home and feel so damn empty inside. Even though I feel like I have killed the gym, had amazing workout, actually enjoyed time in the school and work lately was kinda better than last month. I feel do useless now, thankfully my mom and You guys support me so much, I don't know where would I be without...

Thankfully there is UCL and EL in the upcoming days to help me change the mood, take care guys and thank you so much again.

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

@liomessi10 @quikzyyy

Exactly the same here.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

quikzyyy

it's not even loosing motivation in football/gym/whatever exercise. Whatever I'm trying now, I just feel so empty, I feel like I'm wasting oxygen, loosing any will to why should I? I loved running for the past, 10 years, it was a place for me, where I simply put my music and forget the world. Started slowly, and later had no problems to run 10km, half marathon or even marathon at pretty good times. But nowadays I just can't, something broke in me. I take my fav music, start running and after few mins I feel like I wanna quit, I wanna jump from that bridge, even stops for few seconds to think about it.

Oh I see, I would personally say go with someone who will make you want to try and compete. You know those loud funny people that just make you laugh, I'd say those are your best bet. As for updating this thread, it's a pleasure!