Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Tactics, Inter 3 Barcelona 1 – Masterclass
Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Well, you can talk crap and hate if you like, but this man just explains football in fascinating way and this is just a small intro to his strategies and tactics.

Btw channel is pretty awesome too.

Comments
Tuanis 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Could have been one of the best managers in history if he weren't so stubborn..

Fascinating video btw. Great channel too.
Barcelona nearly came back in the 2nd leg where all his tactics were missing and he just lined up 9 defenders, that kind of makes me lose a bit of respect towards him and his tactics.

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

Great video, but have to say inter had the correct squad and the compatibility to follow his tactical plan. Real madrid had better squad than inter but inter is the team that made mourinho's tactic famous.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

You missed the fact that Barcelona had to travel by bus and train,a volcano disrupting air traffic, Took them, and everybody else commuting, hours to get to Italy. But anyway, well played Jose.

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@ledley As longest they didn’t get there on the horses, I think bus and train isn’t anywhere near as bad as you try to make it sound if you take into consideration how comfortable they are made for these stars. I think I used to have tougher ride trips to tournament on our shit*y school busses. Barcelona cace though lol come on.

@tuan

You are being unfair. I think playing with 10 men Inter squad ( players that were inferior on paper) for 80 min away, against a side with world class players, world class referee and one of greatest players in history of the world is challenging don’t you think? How do you feel United faired away and home with full squad? It seemed like they played like the biggest bus and still lost 4-0 on aggregate. Although, many expected beautiful open brave football after sacking Mourinho.

Teams play to their strength. No one is going to give the football that the opposition wants unless you have equal or superior quality players. Thus tactics and strategy change. I think inter had a same game plan strategy understanding that they won’t match Barcelona if they play game that Peps invites them to play but they quickly adapted and changed to new plan after loosing key player.

@ thebald genius

Exactly. Inter was fully committed to his philosophy and synced with his discipline. Mourinho tactics need iron discipline. Underdog team did just that and it paid off against superior opponent.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@ledley As longest they didn’t get there on the horses, I think bus and train isn’t anywhere near as bad as you try to make it sound if you take into consideration how comfortable they are made for these stars. I think I used to have tougher ride trips to tournament on our shit*y school busses. Barcelona cace though lol come on.

@tuan

You are being unfair. I think playing with 10 men Inter squad ( players that were inferior on paper) for 80 min away, against a side with world class players, world class referee and one of greatest players in history of the world is challenging don’t you think? How do you feel United faired away and home with full squad? It seemed like they played like the biggest bus and still lost 4-0 aggregate.

Teams play to their strength. No one is going to give the football that the opposition wants unless you have equal or superior quality players. Thus tactics and strategy change. I think inter has a same game plan strategy but quickly needed to adapt and change to new plan after loosing key player.

@ thebald genius

Exactly. Inter was fully committed to his philosophy and synced with his discipline. Mourinho tactics need iron discipline. Underdog team did just that and it paid off against superior opponent.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Great share, I saw this yesterday. I already knew this tactic as I read it before.

Mourinho was a genius at the time, used the right people, the right tactic at the right time. Too bad he lives on his past and build his success on short term. :(.

On that game, i had, and have heard countless of debates about it, there are valid arguments (beside Mou was spot on):

• Mourinho used Cambiasso, Zanetti, Motta to lock down everything came to Messi, isolated him. It worked with someone like Zanetti, anyone else might have failed.
  • He tried the same thing at Real, and fall flat at time, simply Real is an attacking team, same with Liverpool, this is hard.
  • Barca was very tired after the long trip with the bus, critics analyzed the game, and saw that in the 2nd half, Barca wasn't themselves anymore. Who those play football would know how important physical condition on this top game is.
  • 2/3 goals of Inter had lots of controversial in it, and some should be yellow-red-card decision.
  • Barca was on their down fall a bit after a 6 trophies year of success, their tiki-taka is way more predictable. (I found this a lame excuse)

Those just to show, this might work with a bit of luck, OR might go completely wrong. Plus, only defensive minded team with the right coach might be able to execute it.

Messi on his bad day and tired can be contained, on his top day... this tactic won't make any different.

• History

Great share, I saw this yesterday. I already knew this tactic as I read it before.

Mourinho was a genius at the time, used the right people, the right tactic at the right time. Too bad he lives on his past and build his success on short term. :(.

On that game, i had, and have heard countless of debates about it, there are valid arguments (beside Mou was spot on):

• Mourinho used Cambiasso, Zanetti, Motta to lock down everything came to Messi, isolated him. It worked with someone like Zanetti, anyone else might have failed.
  • He tried the same thing at Real, and fall flat at time, simply Real is an attacking team, same with Liverpool, this is hard.
  • Barca was very tired after the long trip with the bus, critics analyzed the game, and saw that in the 2nd half, Barca wasn't themselves anymore. Who those play football would know how important physical condition on this top game is.
  • 2/3 goals of Inter had lots of controversial in it, and some should be yellow-red-card decision.
  • Barca was on their down fall a bit after a 6 trophies year of success, their tiki-taka is way more predictable. (I found this a lame excuse)

Those just to show, this might work with a bit of luck, and might go completely wrong. Plus, only defensive minded team with the right coach might be able to execute it.

Messi on his bad day and tired can be contained, on his top day... this tactic won't make any different.

Dynastian98 5 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Mourinho did not fail at Real. His 100 point Madrid team was probably the greatest team he's ever put together. He also did an excellent job of containing Messi for the duration of his stay, much better than I would have ever expected, and much better than anyone since.

And he should be undisputed as one of the greatest managers of all time.

• History

Mourinho did not fail at Real. His 100 point Madrid team was probably the greatest team he's ever put together.

And he should be undisputed as one of the greatest managers of all time.

Tuanis 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

I've always felt like Mourinho was underappreciated at Madrid. Finishing that Barcelona streak and their dynasty back then is a merit people usually oversee.

Now regarding that semifinal vs Barcelona, Mourinho did great with his tactics in the first leg but then the second leg and what he did kind of took away all this fancy talk about strategy by just parking the bus wich to me is really the antithesis of a well organized tactical team. Correct me if Im mistaken but it seems the team was meant to play like that since the very beginning of the game so having one less player didn't really change much. If his tactics were really that good why not replicate them for the second game? You wouldn't see Guardiola play that differently from one game to another. That's my only issue with the message the video is trying to give out.