Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The Bonucci controversy
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

So, I don't know if you guys heard about this, but there is a bit of a controversy going around in the football world. In Juventus last game, Moise Kean was the victim of racist chant from the opposing fan for a long part of the game. Then, later on, Kean scored a goal and went to celebrate in front of the opposing fan by crossing his arm, nothing too provocative anyway from what I heard. Now, the big controversy come from what Bonucci said after the game about the whole incident:

Kean knows that when he scores a goal, he has to focus on celebrating with his teammates. He knows he could’ve done something differently too.

There were racist jeers after the goal, Blaise heard it and was angered. I think the blame is 50-50, because Moise shouldn’t have done that and the Curva should not have reacted that way.

We are professionals, we have to set the example and not provoke anyone.

Now, I think I don't need to tell this but a lots of people have not been too impressed by that answer and many think he should have shown Moise his full support. He got a lots of stick already from many footballer and pundit but what do you guys think?

Comments
quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I swear Bonucci is just making himself stupid by every comment he makes..

DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

From a teammate perspective, I would have appreciated that he backed his player. What Moise did was nothing crazy, but it was intentional because of the chants going on. Good for him to stand up to that crap and still keep it clean.

Not sure what Bonucci's thoughts are on race and he does "sort of" support his teammate, but in such a neutral way that it is not picking sides.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy For me, the guy lost all credibility when he pulled the move to Milan only to come back a year after. This is much worse for me though. No place for racism in football and every individual in the game should be ready to denounce it, especially if you're own team-mate are touched by it.

bluezz 5 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

everyone is giving bonucci shit on social media even people like ian wright sterling etc, CAN SOMEONE WHO SPEAKS ITALIAN confirm he said that? I've tried searching but literally cant find any actual interview due to this matter being so huge and im only seeing the quotes. to me, quotes can be lost in translation, if thats what he said, its wrong

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@bluezz Well, Balotelli reacted to it, i expect he at least understand Italian at 100%. Also, if it was lost in translation, think someone would have been smart enough to react and say it by now in the news.

bluezz 5 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

yep i just cant believe someone can be so stupid to say that in an interview but like is there a video interview? or only quotes? thats what i meant

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@bluezz Well, in Bonucci defense, that was straight after the game from what I heard, he was still propably tired from the game. But still, thats not an huge excuse. :(

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

50-50 lol, Bonucci is the unprofessional one here, he divides the dressing room while he should back his teammates 100 percent.

Greatone 5 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

How is it 50-50?

initial reaction to bonucci's comments are: "he's got a point, because professional mentality players shouldn't antagonise crowds by celebrating in front of the enemy crowds"
BUT
how can you ever justify the racist abuse kean was receiving? apparently it wasn't abuse BECAUSE of him celebrating there, they were being racist and chanting racists shit the whole game and so he responded by celebrating in front of them. What's worse is there are plenty of examples of players responding to shit crowds by celebrating in front of opposing crowds and those players don't have to deal with it at all.
Italy has a racism problem and it keeps coming to light, like there's maybe a break of a week in between public incidents and NOTHING is changing.
Bonucci shouldn't of said shit if he didn't agree with it because at the end of the day he's a team mate and the team cohesion and atmosphere is essential to a winning team's mentality. How can you give everything for a team you play for when you think there might someone who hates your race?

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Emobot7 totally agree, if I remember he made some stupid comments while playing for AC as well..

@Greatone exactly, how do you react to these idiots better than scoring goal against them?

I'm surprised we're facing so many racist chants in 2019..

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Same but it seem like it won't ever disappear. Its making depressed thinking about it. :(

Greatone 5 years ago

nationalism is rising; caused by a huge number of factors and a lot by media pushing people towards the extreme to make sales..

racism gives people an outlet for all their rage at their lives not going that well - in a very simplified way - people who are happy don't have as much reason to be racist. so they make a scapegoat out of people/things they don't understand well.

lol I thought we were a football forum xD

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Bonucci said nothing wrong.. people are overreacting. He said that they were fine men on both sides. Trump used the same rhetoric and no one called him a racist.

Fans chanting racists slurs is normality because how else can they dig deeper into players mind. You say the worst thing possible. You should pay attention because they would chant some of the most disrespectful and personal things to players just to get under their skin. Professional, should just learn to move on. I am not endorsing racism but ofcourse there should be appropriate organizations taking actions agains these fans. Bonnuci won't say crap because fans in italy have a lot of power. Why would he turn against his own fans even if a lot of them are racist?

I am sure Bonnuci would have used different language if he had more time to analyze and think about it, but he was caught in the moment and as it always happens people say some darn things when they are in emotional moment.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Here is abuse of Terry. I still don't understand how Terry became racist being a captain of the team that always had top black players but apparently baseless allegations from some moron of a player is enough to condemn him and defame his image in the public that imbeciles like these fans will use to their advantage .

Greatone 5 years ago

move on with racism?

k. you aren't endorsing it, but you are a dickhead for being fine with it and giving excuses for it.

There is no excuse for it. it is never acceptable.

this is a sport; a game; for fun and for passion. that doesn't give anyone the right to abuse anyone let alone racially abuse anyone over it.

its not up to faceless organisations to make change, change is made by everyone standing up against abuse; you have shown yourself to be a pathetic human being.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

You can't eliminate racism without eliminating it from society and perhaps, even human's nature which will take ages. People in general aren't used to living side by side with other cultures, ethnicities and traditions . We are by nature are tribal, thus when there are outsiders we keen to protect our tribe. This has been happening since the times of Sumerian civilization, Babylonyans, Egyptians, aztecs, chinese and in african continent civilizations etc . It still going on in every continent not just in the west.

For others to be assimilated into the tribe, it will take a lot of time ( perfect example is America). People lost their identity and languages, cultures to create something of a mix but they had violent clashes between irish and italians, or germans and others ethnicies in the communities. Not to mention native americans who have all disappeared plus you are from Australia you should know this stuff all the aborigines are almost gone.

Assimilation is a long process. Europe is new to this. Just about 70 years ago they still had a zoo with african tribe in there for visitors display . It takes time for Europeans to accept these changes. Therefore, organizations that work with government to implement unaggressive social reforms, addressing racism issues according the law and creating environment for assimilation will be right step into direction of getting rid of racism but even then it will still exist because just like in America these new assimilated people centuries later will be racist against new comers :)) Humans nature:))

What you propose is aggressive suppression of humans nature by shoving them with your perceived view of natural social order. Never worked in centuries of our existence and will never work again. You are only making these people to go into hideouts, growing into subtle racism that will only be more violent and aggressive with time reacting to suppression. These are humans, and we should understand their minds by starting dialogues and creating environment not pure punishments and demanding of acceptance. No one likes to be forced into relationship or in this case friendship.

Now, back to sport: football. These are ultras who take football as patriotism. to them football isn't just sport but national pride. National pride means italian pride. In their eyes black man isn't italian. Simple. So they will taunt the players however they wish and in this case with racist slurs. Modern anti racism associations are trying to sell "tomatoes" to these Italians calling them "potatoes" by force. Two different things and aggressiveness to aggressiveness never brought anything good. Perhaps, Bonnucci is a moron for not taking a side with his teammate or he just might understand Italians and fans better than we do all do. Deep into social and current immigration issues in Italy then you just might realized why it spills into sports. No other country has similar problems like italy has currently. They weren't racist like this before and welcomed colored players.

You also don't know who I am and what is my experience with racism in my life, therefore why make such a jerky personal remarks about me? Kind of breaking footyroom rules here buddy and you seem like the one for peace and love? :))
Growing up as minority in foreign country, i understood more about human behavior than seems like you ever did. i have witnessed first hand racism, also i witnessed same oppressed people being racist back to other minorities to protect their tribal mentality.

At last, pathetic human being is to be living delusional reality and constant denial backed by irrational logical conclusions with emotional immature outbursts, mate. Learn to contain yourself. You are too young to talk about big things, perhaps then take time to think about it before you write something.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Just to add because edits don't work here:

It is easy to become american but it will take more than two or three generations to become truly italian, french, German ( Ozils case), Nordic countrymen and etc. I don't think anyone imagines a man of color when they think of an englishmen or frenchmen. Yet, we have many of men of color. human/s perception of ones nationality is strictly based on his looks. If someone tells me chinese i don't imagine black person or japanese as white tall nordic man.

Greatone 5 years ago

you fucking idiot. good work for repeating common knowledge.

and ignoring the real idea of consistency AGAINST racism.

doing nothing is TOOOOOTALLY better than consistently saying its not ok. how do you teach babies like yourselves? you repeat and teach and train.

this isn't about assimilation its about ignorance. saying this is about assimilation and the difficulties (which are real) associated with assimilation is just basic level of excusing the actions of ignorants

this isn't a nation. this is a sport. you keep forgetting that.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Oh look the typical tolerant person getting his period and calling anyone idiot for having different opinion to theirs. You have IQ lower than 80 probably, squirt! Socioeconomic and immigration policy dynamics have a huge influence on the racism in society as well as sports. Read again and tell me where i proposed doing nothing, deep sh8t hahaha

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Guys, please don't insult each other over the topic. That wasn't my objective when making the thread.