Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Thought about the first week of CL football?
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So, what are you current thought on the first week of CL football as of now? I watched Inter vs Spurs and Liverpool vs PSG and both of these game were a treat in term of drama. PSG didn't look very convincing however and Spurs looked only good in the second period of their game for me. At the end of the day, I'm still happy cause I'm alway hoping for Inter to go back to their former european glory day. What do you guys think though?

Comments
Gennady 6 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Only good thoughts :)

Just like you, also watched Spurs Inter and PSG Liverpool.

Regarding Inter vs Spurs, I thought Inter were very good and they impressed me, never gave up after going 1-0 down and fought till the very end. Icardi's goal should be a goal of the week.

As for Liverpool vs PSG, I thought PSG were very poor, front trio did not click at all in this match and when PSG equalised, I thought they didn't deserve the point at all, so even as a United fan, I'd say I was pleased that Firmino got the winning goal at the end.

Also, very surprised with Napoli's result, thought it was suppose to be a walk in the park for them, but it clearly wasn't, not sure what went wrong there.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Gennady Agreed with what you said. Had some feedback from an Arsenal fan about Red Star, apparently, they play very very defensively against larger and barely even try to attack. Their game will be boring no doubt. I also think Ancelotti is past his best time as manager though, so there might be that.

And yeah, Icardi goal was really goal, deserve to be in the goals of the week for sure.

Liverpool were the better side in their game against PSG, Paris barely created any good occassion and were actually lucky to nearly come out of that game with a point for me. Meanwhile, Liverpool nearly bottled their 2-0 lead in the end but Firmino saved the day so I'm glad. It felt like a fair results in the end.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

PSG were very disappointing. Very lazy display from Neymar in particular.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Dynast Agreed, he had a good run where he took on a bunch of player in the first half but after that, nothing really incredibly useful.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

looks like manchester city can't do well with pep on the stands. I am so glad arsenal didn't choose arteta as manager, he wasn't ready for it as today proves.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Ronaldo red card was a joke. On the other hand, Roma looked incredibly weak compared to last season.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Farmers surprised me yesterday and today. Overall, i think best performance goes to Real Madrid. 30 attempts ... I don't know how Roma held out to 3-0.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Marcus Apparently, it was thank to their superb goalkeeper. No idea if thats true but he seemed decent at least.

@Dynast 100% agreed. I'm not CR7 biggest fan and you know that but that red card was completely ridiculous. VAR need to be implemented asap. Feel bad for Ronaldo, the guy since he arrived at Juve have been full of desire and of passion, he clearly want the move to work out and he is doing the right thing for that to happen. Hope he won't be give any game ban or at least, the minimum.

Edit: By the way, I'm really glad to see Mariano Diaz got a goal in, you could see how glad he was to do that for Real. :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Marcus Apparently, it was thank to their superb goalkeeper. No idea if thats true but he seemed decent at least.

@Dynast 100% agreed. I'm not CR7 biggest fan and you know that but that red card was completely ridiculous. VAR need to be implemented asap.

@Dynast 100% agreed. I'm not CR7 biggest fan and you know that but that red card was completely ridiculous. VAR need to be implemented asap. Feel bad for Ronaldo, the guy since he arrived at Juve have been full of desire and of passion, he clearly want the move to work out and is making he is doing the right thing for that to happen. Hope he won't be give any game ban or at least, the minimum.

@Dynast 100% agreed. I'm not CR7 biggest fan and you know that but that red card was completely ridiculous. VAR need to be implemented asap. Feel bad for Ronaldo, the guy since he arrived at Juve have been full of desire and of passion, he clearly want the move to work out and he is doing the right thing for that to happen. Hope he won't be give any game ban or at least, the minimum.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I missed the second half because of school, but yeah I'm happy Mariano is off to a good start. It's likely he'll be needed to play heavy minutes deeper into the season, especially if Benzema isn't making as many runs into the box or we need an extra goalscorer on the pitch.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Indeed, I still personally disagree he was given the 7, yet I'm hoping he does great thing this season. :D

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Oh wow, some people actually saying Ronaldo deserved that red card. Whats going on? :U

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

CL has brought everything to life.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Emo

Are you talking about journalists or "analysts"? Because these people are all paid to take extreme stances. It's never fun if everyone takes the same stance because then they make no money (unless it's a political issue). In a political case (e.g. Kaepernick, LBJ), most American and British sports agencies all take liberal stances.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Dynast No, I'm talking about fan like you and me. Saw a comment on reddit saying "if there is contact, then its a immediate red" about the fact CR7 touched his opponent head. I find this to be very naive comments.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Dynast No, I'm talking about fan like you and me. Saw a comment saying "if there is contact, then its a immediate red" about the fact CR7 touched his opponent head. I find this to be very naive comments.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

A lot of people would say these kinds of things only about Ronaldo since there is a very large group of fans who seem to be envious of Ronaldo's fame, success, good looks, etc. and try to solve their insecurity by defaming Ronaldo at every opportunity.

I guarantee you that if this was Leo Messi, then they would be saying "oh use some common sense, he just scruffled the defender's hair. That's not even a yellow".

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Propably, but then again, some of the guy saying it was never a red and who are are envious of Messi fame and talent would propably appear and say it was absolutely a red and that its proof Messi isn't perfect. Its never black or white, there are both CR7 haters and Messi haters.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Lol the disparity between the group of people who hate Ronaldo and the group of people who hate Messi is massive. Far more people hate Ronaldo because of the media entourage who demean him at every turn. The media always loves Messi and never says anything negative about him.

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

It’s more the fact that Messi got left out of the awards this year. That’s a joke