Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Thumbnails & No Spoilers
SarriBall 6 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Hello Footyroom, is it possible to not spoil the match score with the chosen thumbnails? for example this: enter image description here

It's obvious that Manchester United lost before I go to check the highlights, same goes to all other highlights, it would be great if when we press on no spoiler the thumbnail is just something that doesn't indicates the final result.

Comments
Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Tia a good idea

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Yeah that's a pretty good suggestion. Great idea mate.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

You still see the score?

SarriBall 6 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

@Marcus No, when you enable "No spoiler" you don't see scores.

Marcus2011 6 years ago

ooh damn it! i didn't know this!! haha I was asking for this years ago! This is so nice lol thank you and thanks footyroom.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@SarriBall Thats a pretty good point.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Bump.

Good idea. Thanks for bringing it up. We'll give FR a heads up if they don't respond to this on time.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Yeah I agree with Sarriball.

Take a look at this for example :P

enter image description here

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

:D yeah this is pretty hard, but good idea :D

SarriBall 6 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Just a thumbnail that looks like a prematch thumbnail, for example: Manchester United vs Chelsea, a picture of Lukaku and Morata or even Mourinho and Sarri or Hazard and

EdgarEAM 6 years ago
2 241

One radical idea is Pictures off :D

Marcus2011 6 years ago

So i turned on no spoiler to watch Chelsea rematch but when I scrolled down it was obvious from thumbnail who won the game. Then i scroll to see other matches, I see Ronaldo happy against Bologna so i click and i don't see any goals from Ronaldo. Is FT turning into click-baiting whore? I am tired of youtube but didn't expect from website that becoming such.. what is the point of no spoiler? Lol Just so not see goals scored?

Marshall2118 6 years ago
Paris Saint Germain 5 88

You could replace thumbnail with a picture of the two teams logo

SarriBall 6 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

@Marcus it would be more of a clickbait if they actually make the thumbnails something that has nothing to indicate the scoreline so people feel like clicking to see who won with the no spoiler feature. The thumbnails picked by footyroom ruins the whole concept of no spoiler.. If you missed a match it would be great to see the highlight of the match for the first time and feel as excited cuz you didn't know the score or any hints about it. But knowing that this or that team won by watching the thumbnail then there is no point for the whole feature and can be as good as not existed.

Marcus2011 6 years ago

Can't spoiler automatically do that too? Like censor all the thumbnails or change them too something different? Really though, no spoilers are completely unnecessary when there is a clear happy faces or disappointed faces of the team that won or lost.

SarriBall 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Exactly, and Footyroom are lazy to take any action towards this. I don't know how they didn't think about this when they introduced No Spoiler.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

I would like to thank FR for doing this because I was pleasantly surprised! You pick the right thumbnail that still draws me to watch it and without giving away a hint on the results! Very good! I will now again use spoiler filer!

enter image description here

SarriBall 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

They fixed it? Cool!

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Yesterday it was very nicely done! Kane smiling but they actually lost lol 😂 I want more of this stuff! I see big players or interesting moment I will click.

Eden17Hazard17 5 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I noticed it yesterday as well. The Kane one was genius :)