Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Thumbs-up/down
Navigatorfc 12 years ago
FC Porto, Brazil 18 87

Footyroom recently edited the thumbs-up/down thing. now it's possible to make 10 thumbs-up/down a day. I found out this right now. But still I either want it to be no thumbing-up/down, or as much as you want to. this thing in the middle is just frustrating..

Comments
knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

Well, thumps up and downs are mostly influenced by which team has the highest number of supporters...

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

As far as I'm concerned with this matter there are 4 choices.

1. Go back to how it was with unlimited thumbs up/down. (I don't like this as encourages people to multi account)

2. Keep as it is, but it really is no different to number 1 in my opinion. (Still allows multi accounters to thumb themselves up to easy)

3. Get rid of the system altogether, which might mean more communication rather than people just thumbing up/down.

4. Only have thumbs up, but get rid of the footyroom rank which is what all the multi accounters care about.
bloodred1992 12 years ago
Manchester United, Portugal 15 300

The thumbs up/down system needs to be there. That is way of expressing that people feel/don't feel the same as the person making a comment. Without this we all will be making comments like "I agree with ...." or "I don't agree". A simple thumbs up/down does the trick. And be honest it's only the voted up comments that catch your eye in a post that has dozens of comments. Without that you would have to read every comment to get a gist of the ongoing discussion.
And I don't know why anyone would need more than 10 votes per day.

And @Jimskeleton, to me only option 4 seems okay but I'm sure the ranking is there for people to participate more in discussions and multi-accounting is an inevitable thing that comes with it. Nothing can be perfect.

FootyRoom 12 years ago
36 175

Very good arguments by bloodred1992, couldn't have said it better.

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

To me the ranking brings nothing apart from multi accounters, you get thumbs down on this site simply because of the team you support, which makes the system flawed right from the start. Hence why only having thumbs up and no rank is perfect. If your comment is really good you will still get plenty of thumbs up.

man_utd 12 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

@Jimskeleton
Thumbs up/down = Multi Account
Multi Account = Conflict

Hence.
Thumbs up/down = Conflict

To be honest. Idk what I'm talking about.

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

the thumbs up/down isnt the problem, its the rank that hold the problem. yes thumbing up or down is a quick way to show u agree or disagree but this isnt high school. we donnot need a popularity contest. also if the rank system is taken away it gives little reason for people to have multiple accounts (*caugh caugh* Norway *cough cough*) to thumb themselves up and others down.

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

@Raimondo, Exactly, I still don't see the need for thumbs down at all, if your comment is good you will still  get a lot of thumbs up, if your comment isn't so good you will simply just get 0. Like FR suggested on another thread, replace the thumbs down with a report button, which on the match highlights section is something that is really badly needed as so much racism/abuse and all sorts goes on there and it seems to stay there.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Not that important of a question but Is there a way to increase the number of possible thumbs ups? Don't see the purpose of limiting them? Keep the limit on thumbs downs but increase it for thumbs ups? On the forum the 10-a-day limit is more than enough, but I seem to run out of them immediately when scrolling through the comments under the video section.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@KTB Only thumb up the best comment. :P Joke aside, while I also sometime have this issue, its not really a big deal in my opinion. :S