Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

To FootyRoom: Forum Formatting
Lodatz 10 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Seriously, whaddup with it?

Whenever I paste text into a forum post (i.e. from an article etc) I have to go back and edi it about 4 times just to get it to look right.

And because the Edit function keeps producing a / for every ' or " character, I have to go back and manually delete all of the /s which are generated.

Is this simply a necessary evil of the way the Edit function is coded, or is it something which could be fixed?

Just asking, because it does make sharing footy articles (which usually enrich the forum) a bit of a chore. If it's something that can't be helped, then cool but would appreciate some feedback on it. If t's a case of just finding someone with the know-how to fix it, then that's not so hard to arrange. :)

Cheers.

Comments
Wolfie 10 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

those /// that appear after editing are really a unusual and an eyesore. They appear if you have an apostrophe in your comment after you edit. Hey, at least we can edit the comments at all.. There was no option before..
The mods can't do anything about it as they have no involvement in the overall design of FR. Send feedback to the admin. It will be a great improvement. Rather than /// it could say how many times a comment was edited at bottom right.

FootyRoom 10 years ago
36 175

The / issue will be fixed soon.

We are also thinking of enabling Markdown support in forums. It will enable easy formatting of text into structured and easy to read posts that require headings, lists, emphasis, etc. Articles and features will have a more prominent look.

If you are not familiar with Markdown take a quick look here: https://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/basics

What do you guys think about that?

Wolfie 10 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Markdown support is a good idea. A live preview of formatting would be a great addition too. :]

FootyRoom 10 years ago Edited
36 175

The issue with slashes should be fixed now... Yep IT'S fixed.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

The issue with slashes should be fixed now.

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Great! :) That would save some editing time.

Lodatz 10 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Awesome! Thank you :)

Vendetta 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Testing... ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '

EDIT: It's fixed! Awesome! Thanks, FR!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Testing... ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '

Testing... ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '