Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Top players in each position in the EPL
koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

I saw an article online based on the EPL's manager's votes on this so let's have a footyroom vote for these candidates (I added some players in my opinion). Please pick one from each category.

GOALKEEPERS: Joe Hart, Michael Vorm, Wojiech Sczcesny, Pepe Reina and Tim Krul

DEFENDERS: Phil Jones, Vincent Kompany, Micah Richards, Laurent Koscielny, Thomas Vermaelen, Martin Skrtel, Jose Enrique, John Terry, Younes Kaboul and Kyle Walker

MIDFIELDERS: Yaya Toure, David Silva, Leon Britton, Scott Parker, Gareth Bale, Moussa Dembele, Luka Modric, Ramires, Alex Song, Steven Gerrard, Nathan Dyer, Alex Chamberlain and Clint Dempsey

FORWARDS: Robin Van Persie, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Sergio Aguero, Demba Ba, Yakubu, Luis Suarez, Daniel Sturridge and Grant Holt 

SIGNING OF THE SEASON: Demba Ba, Phil Jones, Scott Parker, Sebastien Larrson, Juan Mata, Craig Bellamy, and Ashley Young

MOST IMPRESSIVE MANAGER: Brendan Rogers, Paul Lambert, Roberto Mancini, and Steve Kean

BEST YOUNG PLAYER: Phil Jones, Alex Chamberlain, Daniel Sturridge, Kyle Walker, Chris Smalling, Scott Sinclair, and Oriol Romeu 

Here's the original article:
<http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/14/2965046/van-persie-picked-as-premier-leagues-best-striker-ba-is

Please feel free to suggest players to the shortlist.

Comments
Gojira 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 12 122

GK: Hart
Defenders: can't choose between Kompany and Koscielny
Midfielders: still can't choose between Bale and Silva
Forwards: RVP (No doubt!)
Signing of the Season: Demba Ba
Impressive manager: Mancini for me! 
Young Player: Chamberlain

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

Keeper: Michel Vorm
Defender: Vincent Kompany
Midfielder: David Silva
Forward : Robin Van Persie
Signing of the Season : Demba Ba
Most Impressive Manager: Paul Lambert
Best Young Player: Kyle Walker

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Keeper : Joe Hart
Defender : Kompany
Mid : David Silva
Forward : RVP (obviously)
Signing of the Season : Demba Ba/Juan Mata
Best Young Player : Daniel Sturridge
idk about best manager
i dont watch EPL that much

MatthewHerb 12 years ago
Liverpool, United States 5 72

This is just my opinion but I checked the link and how could managers pick Phil Jones for the young player? He hasn't really impressed recently he was good initially. I'd pick Chamberlain or Kyle Walker.

kenkichiotaka 12 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

Keeper Hart Defender Ferdinand Midfilder Silva Forward RVP

Impressive manager Martin O'Niel Young player Ryo Miyaichi(after trasferred to Bolton).

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

GOALKEEPERS: Tim Krul - without him, I don't think Newcastle would have made it to the 5 of the premier league.

DEFENDERS: Vincent Kompany - a bit of a no-brainer. 

MIDFIELDERS: It's got to be either David Silva or Scott Parker. David Silva is really fckin talented, he's underrated for sure. I'd also give Scott Parker some credit as well because he always puts his life on the line in every game, and he also became England's Captain despite only a appearances he's made (and for someone who recently came from the 2nd division league).

FORWARDS: Robin Van Persie - Again, a no-brainer

SIGNING OF THE SEASON: Demba Ba

MOST IMPRESSIVE MANAGER: Brendan Rogers because he manages the ONLY WELSH CLUB in the league, and there is a big differences in terms of style and quality of football between Welsh and English football. So credit to Roger that. 

BEST YOUNG PLAYER: Kyle Walker indeed. 

Sorry,I didn't read the coices.I'll re-choose.Goalkeeper-Hart Defender-Phil Jones Midfilders-Silva Forward-RVP Signing of the season-Demba Ba Impressive Manager-Mancini Best young player-Phil Jones