Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

UCL Matchday 6 2017/18 Pre and Post talk
Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

enter image description here

Firstly which games will you be watching, Bayern - Psg and chelsea - Athletico for me

Some Pretty serious games today, Psg will be tested in munich, Jupp has bayern back on form and Psg are coming away from a loss to strasbourg....

Comments
Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

Bayern-PSG of course :p PSG's loss over the weekend was unexpected to say the least, but I think it's an indicator that their players were consciously or unconsciously already with their minds set on this game. Of course, Emery resting Cavani on that game is another sign that this is the most important game for them so far this season.
I wish Bayern could have had Neuer, Robben, and Thiago available for this game, but it is what it is. Time to see what PSG are made of.

Griezmann has being scoring lately for Atleti so that should be good for them and should make things interesting against Chelsea. But I just don't see Qarabag getting something from their trip to Roma.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

I watch a simulcast, to get all the goal in real time. Otherwise, I would propably just watch Bayern vs PSG like Yvan21. Its one of the best game of the day, other good game would be Chelsea vs Atletico but seeing how the later need Qarabag to beat (or draw pherhap) Roma to advance, it doesn't really seem like that game will matter that much in the grand scheme of thing. Chelsea should still try to win this. Would be good for moral. :)

Amerr30 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Some great games tonight!

It'll be interesting to see just how much difference Jupp Hyneckes will have made in the shirt time that he's been in charge of Bayern.

The game between Bayern and PSG is also important for everyone to see if PSG have moved up in the elite category. A win would definitely do that, as well as make a loud statement of them being favorites this year.

Chelsea v Atletico, on the other hand, would be incredibly depressing to watch. For me, anyway. Only a last year, they were one of the two finalist. Achieving that twice in previous 4 years. To see them eliminated from this stage will feel very familiar, given their history. If they do get eliminated, expect Griezman, Someone, and likes of Carrasco leaving for greener pastures - and that will be the end of this Atletico. They'll become another Valencia until they completely rebuild.

Aside from Benfica - Basel, I'm not hyped for any of the remaining games. Just business as usual.

DarthFooty 6 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

I am hoping to see the Bayern-PSG game but I am at the mercy of FS1 on who they televise. haha

Croatian 6 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Bayern-PSG will be tense game. If we manage to dominate posession we might actually score. However free-flowing PSG attack and Neymar running at inexperienced Kimmich, or Mbappe at a bit slower Alaba might alarm us. Hopefully we stop atleast midfield. Rabiot and Verratti are extremely useful to their attack. It will be tough game. But I think few counters through Coman and we would score atleast one or two.

Again, defense is our primary task. Hopefully both Hummels and Boateng start.

EDIT: wow, Sule starts over Boateng, Rudy and Tolisso in midfield, James on CAM and Ribery on left/Coman on right. Quite a suprise to put Ribery here. I didn't even know he came back, quite suprised atm. Let's see how will boys do.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Bayern-PSG will be tense game. If we manage to dominate posession we might actually score. However free-flowing PSG attack and Neymar running at inexperienced Kimmich, or Mbappe at a bit slower Alaba might alarm us. Hopefully we stop atleast midfield. Rabiot and Verratti are extremely useful to their attack. It will be tough game. But I think few counters through Coman and we would score atleast one or two.

Again, defense is our primary task. Hopefully both Hummels and Boateng start.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Well, very good results for Bayern considering you didn't have a lot of your starter (especially Neuer).

Here what I think of most game:

Bayern vs PSG is dissapointing for the later even though they still managed to claim first spot (which might make them face Juventus, Real Madrid or Chelsea). They needed to prove they were solid and on the contrary, Bayern showed they were still class. Tolisso is quickly becoming very important for Bayern and I love it. The first goal was a bit fortunate though (even if it was a clean goal nevertheless) and I thought some PSG player didn't seem at their best. All in all, good results for Bayern and a big win for Heynckes

Barca vs Celtic was ok, a bit boring, not a lot of occasion from what I saw but Mathieu own goal when he is playing his former team is funny. :D

Mancheser United vs Basel was dissapointing at first for the Red Devil but they gave the necessary response to claim first spot in their group and deny a spot to CSKA.

Basel vs Benfica was a nice game, glad to have Basel in the knockout phase, they are a good team. Benfica however have been very dissapointing this season. :(

Juventus vs Olympiacos was a bit dull but the important thing is the results, I wish Buffon all the best. :)

Chelsea vs Atletico seemed like a good game but its not a really good results for any involved, Chelsea is second of their group and Atletico is out of Champion League. Meanwhile, Roma will be first but it doesn't mean they are safe, they are plenty of good team they may face in the knockout phase like Real or Bayern.

Also a bit dissapointed in Celtic, was expecting a win from them.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I feel bad for Chelsea. They can only draw PSG, Barca or Besiktas. The fact Real, Bayern and Juve are second place teams is pretty scary.
Bayern-PSG was decent. Ulreich made some really good saves to deny two clear goals. PSG was weak in the wings and gave Coman and RIbery too much room to attack.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Like I said on the highlights to me you either win the CL or not. For sure it's great to progress further and get closer but it's the big matchups that define your campaign. PSG/Barca would be great fun. It's still possible for Sevilla to overtake Liverpool so until tomorrow at least, you've got to include Sevilla in the equation for Chelsea.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Raimondo So if Liverpool top their group, half of the team that have toped their group will be from England. Wouldn't be a bad accomplishment considering EPL recent results in last few CL. :D

@Eden17 You are right, it could be Sevilla, though seriously, it wouldn't be quite as fun as if it was Barca or PSG. :P

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

We didn't get into strongest XI, but James, Coman and Tolisso were immense. First goal was lucky for us, great we scored early, second was fantastic by James and Tolisso in right space, he really is better than I expected in final third and last one was all done by Coman. People wouldn't believe me before game but Ulreich is great with this run of consistent gametime. Will be bittersweet moment when Neuer returns. We were bit shaky defensively, Hummels was decent. Bit of leaking on Kimmich's side and Mbappe was dangerous as usual. Key was our midfield overrunning theirs.

Honorable mention to ref, Alves and Neymar. So much wrong decision, firstly Alves diving in box and then Marquinhos pushing Tolisso - guess what, Tolisso gets yellow. After that Neymar dived once or twice too. I'm especially glad Coman destroyed Alves for that third goal. Despite I like him as player, Dani pissed me off so much last night.

Emrecan_58 6 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Yesterday was quite boring than normal for a UCL Matchday. Bayern Munich was the superior team and deserved to win. All the other results were not surprising. For today; Porto and Leipzig both need a win while I want us to finish the group stage unbeaten. We left 6 key players in İstanbul but we still have an amazing B team who I believe can still get a win.
Napoli will hope that City wins in Donetsk while they also have to win. A point for Shakhtar will be enough. I think no surprise will happen in Group E, Both Liverpool and Sevilla will qualify 1st and 2nd, respectively.

Amerr30 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

I do not remember the last time I was less excited for a Dortmund - Real Madrid match-up, which has in recent time usually delivered.

It is a meaningless game today, I wonder if Zidane will let youngsters who would otherwise never play a CL match participate. I hope so. I hope Asensio gets a cruclal role.

I'm worried about him. Ever since his start to the season with those great goals against Barca, it seems he has fallen in Zidane's pecking order. I don't understand it. In my opinion, he has performed much better than Lucas Vazquez, yet he always gets the nod ahead of him. Does Lucas and Zidane have some special agreement? I don't know how else to explain it.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Tolisso was really unplayable imo, great finish from the former Lyon man against his former rival (PSG). Coman and James were also great. :D I just felt like the match lacked in intensity and in motivation, especially on PSG side, the game sometime felt like a training game between a main team and b-team. Only difference is that I don't think those Brazilian dive as much when they train. XD

@Amerr Yeah, it kinda sad when it reach the point where no one is actually hyped for this game. I just hope Madrid murder BVB as badly as possible for the sake of getting Bosz sacked as quickly as possible. :(

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

No clue why Benzema is starting if Ronaldo is playing striker. We have absolutely no width on the team. Asensio doesn't get playing time and Isco doesn't play in the hole anymore, leaving our two forwards isolated. We need players to connect with Ronaldo and make passes, aka Bale/Asensio on wings or Isco as an attacking midfielder. Not a trio of Isco-Luka-Toni in central midfield with Karim and Ronaldo stranded up front.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Ronaldo with a terrific performance from the left wing. This is how we should be playing. Either put Ronaldo on the wing and Benzema in the center, or put Ronaldo in the center and Asensio/Isco/Bale on the wings.

Emrecan_58 6 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Terrific performance from our B team. Leipzig are just not reasy for this level.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

Besiktas unbeaten, Porto get to the knockout phase, Liverpool top their group with one of this year best offensive performance, Napoli are out of CL, Manchester City failed to get a perfect win ratio in their group and Totteham are the team with the most point with 16. There were some really great match today with a lot of good goal, it was a joy to watch in the simulcast. :D

Also, Real should sign Auba, he score lots of goal when he play at the Bernabeu. :P But seriously, I feel bad he propably won't realize his dream or the promise he made to his grandpa he would one day play for Real. :(

@Emrecan Your second goalkeeper was really good in this game, he just refused to be lobed. :D

• History

Besiktas unbeaten, Porto get to the knockout phase, Liverpool top their group with one of this year best offensive performance, Napoli are out of CL, Manchester City failed to get a perfect win ratio in their group and Totteham are the team with the most point with 16. There were some really great match today with a lot of good goal, it was a joy to watch in the simulcast. :D

Also, Real should sign Auba, he score lots of goal when he play at the Bernabeu. :P But seriously, I feel bad he propably won't realize his dream or the promise he made to his grandpa he would one day play for Real. :(

Emrecan_58 6 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@Emo Yeah bro. He is now the goalkeeper with the most saves in one game in this season's group stage (10).

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Emrecan Besiktas got great player all around but I really have some great respect for your goalkeeper, they do a really solid job imo. Wouldn't mind if you told me more bout them.

@Dynastian Yeah, CR7 was great, splendid goal as well. Just wish he would moan a bit less when thing doesn't goes his way. :( Still, respect. :D

• History

@Emrecan Besiktas got great player all around but I really have some great respect for your goalkeeper, they do a really solid job imo. Wouldn't mind if you told me more bout them.