Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

United vs Barca Post Game Talk
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Well, it was a much more balanced game than I initially thought it would be. For sure, Barca got their away goal but they really didn't do a lot more than that all thing considered. As for United, they need to find someone better than Young on his flank, his crossing technique is... really unique to say the least. He is good in the other area but considering how often he end up in good position for crossing, it just feel inaceptable to have player who can't do better at this area. Imo at least. Thought about the game? Chance of United making a comeback at Camp Nou?

Comments
legends16 5 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

@emo I agree with your comments on Ashley young.

To all United fans, you will probably be encouraged by your team's performance - they did put in a good shift. However, I still have fresh in my memory what happened to us last season. We outplayed Barca at home, hit the post 2 (or maybe 3?) times and took a 1-1 draw to the camp nou. We played relatively well there, but not well enough as we still got trashed 3-0.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

What a breath of fresh air making a thread about a game. Going to the comment section feels like being thrown into hellish ant-war, where you have to learn under desperation how to survive. ROFL!

As for the game I think Barca were a bit precautious, and as long as the result didn't deteriorate from them, they were quite satisfied with the result. Anything can happen at Camp nou, but what usually does is that Barca wins, no matter who the opponent is. Man Utd were decent imo, but Barca is to good and too experienced to fail or being as unlucky as PSG.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

What a breath of fresh air making a thread about a game. Going to the comment section feels like being thrown into hellish ant-war, where you have to learn under desperation how to survive. ROFL!

As for the game I think Barca were a bit precautious, and as long as the result didn't deteriorate from them, they quite satisfied with the result. Anything can happen at Camp nou, but what usually does is that Barca wins, no matter who the opponent is. Man Utd were decent imo, but Barca is to good and experienced to fail or be as unlucky as PSG.

DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

The game was more even than I anticipated, but not sold on if United just played well or if Barca held back somewhat. As a player, you never want to give ground to your opponent so it wouldn't make sense to go easy but it just looked like they were going through the paces.

You do want to get a good result in the away game and even a tie would help with confidence and score line, so it can be argued that Barca did not push as much as we normally see.

Make no mistake though, United are improving more and more, both mentally and within their game play. Better crossing and link play in the attacking third would have put Barca on the back foot more for sure.

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Young can’t cross to save his life lol.

Barcelona constantly play defensively in this games under EV. In the CDL, RM outplayed them, yet they won 4 1. The argument could also be applied to Chelsea last season(maybe not game 2), they don’t look convincing in attack, but defensively they’re strong.

United is out, they’re not winning in Spain

nadiri 5 years ago
Real Madrid, Morocco 1 5

I agree with your comments

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Yes, he can.

Thought McTominay was really awsome tonight showing great close control with the football. Fred compliments him, and you can trust this lad under defensive pressure to hold the ball.

I said something in the comments section which was to do with our subs. I still think bringing off both strikers when we were trying to grab a late goal (with crosses to box) at the end was a mistake.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@nadiri Thank you man, alway good to have support.

@legends16 Thats harsh man especially because its true, having the second leg being at Camp Nou feel kind of unfair to me at least. Barca are so good playing at home.

@Pelle I know man, there is a reason I am making those thread, lol. Yeah, I agree Barca were precautious going into the game, the main goal was obviously not to go into the home game with a bad results. The 1-0 win is very solid results for them, for certain. Still think they weren't their usual self after the goal, like they didn't really care about scoring any other goal.

@DarthFooty Same, I think United propably suprised Barca a bit, not enough to be dangerous like they should have been at home, but enough to keep the opposition on their toes and stop them from dominating the game. I really liked the fact United didn't panic and came back strong, too bad they weren't rewarded by a goal. :(

I agree.

Yes, he can.

I disagree but then again, I haven't seen him as much as you. Will give him a chance.

And if I can have a word on individual player, I thought, just like Ledley said, that McTominay looked real good, put Busquet in a tight spot a bunch of time. Talking about Busquet, he had one heck of a bad game by his standard. Finally, I thought Pique was really good, this season might be one of his best in years.

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Barça players are paying the complicated games they had lately with same lineup ( approximatively ) Betis, Villarreal, Barca derby, Atletico... all were intense so I understand more the 4-4-2 switch of Valverde with Coutinho replaced by Sergi. Vidal only goes in when Barca need to control a result, I thought we could push for a second but maybe coach didn’t wanted to take risks. And Dembele was not 100% so he got the chance to recover more days...

Pretty satisfied from the result, i was expecting we would win by 2 goals, 0-1 is perfect. The tie is over.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

The tie is over.

Don't sell the bear pelt before having killed him. But if I'm being completely honest, its hard imagining Barca not winning or at least drawing at home. Still think however that Barca didn't looked as good as usual. Messi for one didn't seem too pleased about the whole performance he and his team put up and I understand him, he wasn't really able to affect the game as much as would have liked after the first goal. The fact he got run over by a truck called Chris Smalling propably didn't help him being happy though. XD

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Realistically it’s over, unless a miracle occurs...
Anyway the coin flip I’m fearing since the start of CL is s Comming next round. Liverpool style is the one where could hurt us the most. And it’s yet to come.

Ps : All accidents games Barca had were away, at Camp Nou it’s hell for opposition.

Pupper 5 years ago
Juventus 0 214

Barcelona's last home defeat in an international tournament was in the 2012/2013 season against Heynckes' Bayern in the CL.

Barca are unbeaten in their last 34 matches at home/neutral stadium.

31-3-0, with a goal difference at 106-19.

And since it's United they are playing, this tie is pretty much over.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@tiki @Pupper Fair enough, what I'm saying is that as fan, its completely ok to feel this way. However, the player hopefully shouldn't feel the same because thats when its become a problem. Personally though, I don't think Barca has to worry too much. They are not the kind to rest on their laurels, as long as they stay eager and hungry, I don't see thing go bad anytime soon. Still think a miracle could happen though, even if its unlikely.

amir_keal 5 years ago

If Messi isn't going to play, I give United a chance, Smalling damaged not only his nose but his eye. Now, Messi didn't play good, but rumours say that his vision was affected and it only got worse throughout the game. He will certainly miss the weekend, and depending on the seriousness of the infection, he will miss the United games and some other games afterwards. When Smalling said I will stop Messi, I didn't think he would do what he did. I really don't like it tbh, but I guess it's football, and the ball was there to be won.

Please be fine Messi, I want to see more of your magic.

amir_keal 5 years ago

Ledley

I thought he was your worst player, tbh everyone in United actually played good I thought, except for him.

Dynastian98 5 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Messi apparently has blood issues in his eye, and could potentially miss both the Huesca and United games. I don't believe Barca have confirmed anything yet though.

I also thought United played too well to not have scored. Camp Nou is a slaughterhouse, Barca do disproportionately better at home than they do away. Even if Messi isn't playing, Dembele will be back and it's different when Suarez has a pure winger to send in low crosses for him.

I also thought Solsjkaer set his team up really well. The wingbacks did really well in stifling Semedo and Alba, but I don't know how that'll work in the Camp Nou.

• History

Messi apparently has blood issues in his eye, and could potentially miss both the Huesca and United games.

Messi apparently has blood issues in his eye, and could potentially miss both the Huesca and United games. I don't believe Barca have confirmed anything yet though.

I also thought United played too well to not have scored. Camp Nou is a slaughterhouse, Barca do disproportionately better at home than they do away. Even if Messi isn't playing, Dembele will be back and it's different when Suarez has a pure winger to send in low crosses for him.

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Amir To be fair, I'm pretty sure Smalling didn't mean to hit Messi. Yes, he played agressively but can we blame him considering the kind of match it was and pression on the player shoulder?

@Dynast Thats very much true mate. I didn't actually realize thing were this bad with Messi, if he cannot play the home leg, it might keep the game entertaining at least. Not that I'm happy he is hurt but it certainly give a better chance to United.

• History

@Amir To be fair, I'm pretty sure Smalling didn't mean to hit Messi. Yes, he played agressively but can we blame him considering the kind of match it was and pression on the player shoulder?

@Dynast Thats very much true mate. I didn't actually thing were this bad with Messi, if he cannot play the home leg, it might keep the game entertaining at least.

serans 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Poland 3 203

Well for a change I think we have a shot in Spain.

Barca played like 1:0 is good enough for them. They were happy just to keep the ball and defend. I hope they will regret it.

Scott and Fred were amazing in midfield. Rakitic and Arthur were nowhere to be seen. I don't agree with Ole 5-3-2 formation. I think that we have chance by going 4-3-3, putting Lukaku on the right wing, Rashford as a striker and Martial on the left. Alba is playing high so Lukaku will have a freedom. Dalot couldn't win any 1v1 versus Semedo, Martial will do well. Shaw on the left is crucial, we need his crosses and overlaps.

I would say we just go for it, all or nothing. Either 2-1 for United or 3-0 for Barca. It's not over yet, it's never over when we are talking about United!

• History

Barca played like 1:0 it is good enough for them. They were happy just to keep the ball and defend. I hope they will regret it.

Scott and Fred were amazing in midfield. Rakitic and Arthur were nowhere to be seen. I don't agree with Ole 5-3-2 formation. I think that we have a chance by going 4-3-3, putting Lukaku on right wing, Rashford as a striker and Martial on the left. Alba is playing high so Lukaku will have a freedom. Dalot couldn't win any 1v1 versus Semedo, Martial will do well. Shaw on the left is crucial, he need to be crossing balls and doing overlaps.

I would say we just go for it, all or nothing. Either 2-1 for United or 3-0 for Barca. It's not over yet, it's never over when we are talking about United!

Barca played like 1:0 is good enough for them. They were happy just to keep the ball and defend. I hope they will regret it.

Scott and Fred were amazing in midfield. Rakitic and Arthur were nowhere to be seen. I don't agree with Ole 5-3-2 formation. I think that we have a chance by going 4-3-3, putting Lukaku on right wing, Rashford as a striker and Martial on the left. Alba is playing high so Lukaku will have a freedom. Dalot couldn't win any 1v1 versus Semedo, Martial will do well. Shaw on the left is crucial, he need to be crossing balls and doing overlaps.

Scott and Fred were amazing in midfield. Rakitic and Arthur were nowhere to be seen. I don't agree with Ole 5-3-2 formation. I think that we have chance by going 4-3-3, putting Lukaku on right wing, Rashford as a striker and Martial on the left. Alba is playing high so Lukaku will have a freedom. Dalot couldn't win any 1v1 versus Semedo, Martial will do well. Shaw on the left is crucial, he need to be crossing balls and doing overlaps.

Scott and Fred were amazing in midfield. Rakitic and Arthur were nowhere to be seen. I don't agree with Ole 5-3-2 formation. I think that we have chance by going 4-3-3, putting Lukaku on the right wing, Rashford as a striker and Martial on the left. Alba is playing high so Lukaku will have a freedom. Dalot couldn't win any 1v1 versus Semedo, Martial will do well. Shaw on the left is crucial, he need to be crossing balls and doing overlaps.

Tacuachillo 5 years ago
Barcelona, Mexico 8 242

I think it was a poor performance from both teams, honestly. It's been a while since I've seen Barcelona be that careless in their control of the ball. We controlled the first 15 minutes and the goal came within, after that, we fell apart. I think MU did well to apply the pressure and cause the mistakes but they never really looked threatening and at the end of the day the game was a bit boring.

For me, Messi provided the assist but had a poor game. Smalling got the better of him. Even with the injury to Messi, Smalling always had his eyes on the ball. I didn't understand why Barca kept trying the ball over the top, knowing the height wasn't there.

Overall, records are only meant to be broken. I can't completely count out MU, but I predict a slight win at home. Maybe 1-0 or 2-1.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

^ Shaw got a yellow, suspended next game. Even if he played I don’t think it will change much...
4-3-3 is the best way to get a tennis scoresheet if Barca are in form, I think United should defend first then be deadly on their chances... because they won’t get more than first leg. And in term of finishing, Barca don’t need much to score... It will be pretty hard.

A draw is possible since Valverde loves to control games and not go for the kill, but to see Barca bottling it at home. They started the season wanting the CL to come home, I don’t think they would start the game PSG way...

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Amir_Keal

You stated Young cannot cross to save his life. He can, That is all Ashley does in the team.

@Tacuachillo

I didn't understand why Barca kept trying the ball over the top, knowing the height wasn't there.

Found this interesting never seen Barca revert to hoofing balls over top.

Emobot7

Don't sell the bear pelt before having killed him.

Did you make this one up Emo? I still agree with what your saying however. Tie is not over.