Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

United vs Barca Post Game Talk
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Well, it was a much more balanced game than I initially thought it would be. For sure, Barca got their away goal but they really didn't do a lot more than that all thing considered. As for United, they need to find someone better than Young on his flank, his crossing technique is... really unique to say the least. He is good in the other area but considering how often he end up in good position for crossing, it just feel inaceptable to have player who can't do better at this area. Imo at least. Thought about the game? Chance of United making a comeback at Camp Nou?

Comments
Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11432

Did you make this one up Emo?

Actually didn't, lol. Though its not an English expression, originally, it look like this:

Il ne faut pas vendre la peau de l'ours avant de l'avoir tué.

If you translate it, its nearly exactly what I said. So yeah, didn't really make it up but the chance you see it in English are next to zero. XD

At least, we agree on the fact the tie isn't over. Sure it look better for Barca than it does for United right now but if Messi really miss the next game, they might stand a chance. Especially if they come with same mentality and with more focus on being clinical.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Did you make this one up Emo?

Actually didn't, lol. Though its not an English expression though, originally, it look like this:

Il ne faut pas vendre la peau de l'ours avant de l'avoir tué.

If you translate it, its nearly exactly what I said. So yeah, didn't really make it up but the chance you see it in English are next to zero. XD

At least, we agree on the fact the tie isn't over. Sure it look better for Barca than it does for United right now but if Messi really miss the next game, they might stand a chance. Especially if they come with same mentality and with more focus on being clinical.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Quotes can be funny and lose their meaning when translated... so be careful.

I love this one:

Oh la vache! Is translated as Oh the cow... but means like OMG!

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Haha 😂. That made me chuckle. Lost in translation. Wish I could pick up a few languages though

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Emobot7

To be fair, I'm pretty sure Smalling didn't mean to hit Messi. Yes, he played agressively but can we blame him considering the kind of match it was and pression on the player shoulder

That's why I'm not so pissed, because even when he was saying what he said pre game, the ball was there to be won. Also, he said post match he didn't intend to injure Messi and it was an accident. The game is big for him, and the passion was amazing, I would love it if I was a United fan. If he got Messi needlessly, then yeah it's his fault, but there was a reason for the challenge.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@amir

but there was a reason for the challenge.

Indeed there is, also, I don't think Messi even complained himself about the challenge. There is a reason for that.