Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Usain Bolt signed as a footbal pro at Mamelodi Sundowns FC in South Africa
tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Who doesn't know Bolt right?

Do you think his lightening speed would work in football? Im not sure how good his technique and feet is, but with basic football ability his speed and athelic body would help.

Do you think he would succeed? Can this be a new beginning for runners to join football? (loll like we dont have enough kick and rush football already)

enter image description here

Comments
DarthFooty 6 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1095

Ask any coach, speed kills! If you have someone who has decent skills to add with that speed, you have an instant threat in attack.

Now, a coach needs to use that player correctly because defenses can play against pure speed, but if he is decent with his feet, he might be ok in that league. I don't see him moving up to the bigger teams though, outside publicity reasons.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I dont think it's that simple.... of course having speed & pace kill. But in professional football, it takes a lot more than that.

It's a benefit, but forcing it into football wont do well.

I dont say it's impossible, but it would take years of training to get to the pro level I think, players like that better start off in Division 3 or something :D

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@tuan Well like DarthFooty, said, it take soeone who is decent with his decent, and you don't get magically good with them trust me. I don't expect him to do well enough to move to a bigger league but I think he will do alright in South Africa. I never expect him to move to England though.

Drbutterface 6 years ago
Roma, Italy 2 522

I agree with tuan_jinn. Speek CAN kill, but it doesnt kill automatically because it IS speed - if it were, Pep's statement about Gareth Bale that he was just an athlete would be true, which it simply isnt. Athleticism is an important trait to have as a professional footballer. But if it were so easy, we'd have seen track and field runners switch to the major leagues in the last 40 years. It's just not that simple.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Meh, bit of pace and ball control + okayish passing at least should give a good basis on which player can improve. I've been through whole high school in futsal class and there was some players that worked on pure pace, even in defence and stuff. Obviously on football it is different but it works well in futsal.