Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

VAR in EPL and UCL
NovaRuk 6 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

So recently in this season and previous season, I saw that Liverpool had some other hand in retaining a win with the help of the linesman.

Last season, Salah scored (imo) what looks like to be an offside goal against Man City at Anfield in UCL. What makes it worse was that when City scored a legit goal at Etihad, it got disallowed instead.

Well, in pre-season, Salah, again, scored an offside goal against Man City, again. Just like last night, Mane scored a goal about a yard or two offside.

I'm not saying Liverpool paid the linesman but to me it ruined the opportunity of other teams in the match and EPL really needs VAR.

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Novaruk Indeed man, I agree 100%. Thought the same when I saw that Mane goal. Something need to be done asap cause England and Europe will start to fall behind if they continue to refuse the use of VAR. Good news is, other tournament like Ligue 1 has started using it so it shouldn't be too long before the PL itself start using it officially. Lets just hope the ref use it smartly when it does come.

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Apparently they used VAR in Barca vs Sevilla. Does that mean it will be in La Liga?? I'm actually fed up of rubbish refereeing in La Liga + fans' complaints.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

They should invest more cameras for var or otherwise it would be another boring debate over the fifa rulebook.

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

omg thank god for that then!!!

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Both La Liga and EPL needs those, rubbish refs, and then our beloved CL's ref... pfff.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Yeah, VAR is needed. It showed it flaws for the World Cup but the way I see it the pros outweigh the cons by a lot, so It’s a good idea that it is implemented.

I don’t get why VAR will be in FA cup and other domestic trophies but not the PL, it’s really weird to me. CL and EL could do with VAR too. Though La Liga still does not have goal line technology lol, that’s needed because so many goals that happen aren’t given and vice versa.

quikzyyy 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

wish it was there for that tackle against Mustafi, clean penalty...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

wish was there for that tackle against Mustafi, clean penalty...

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

Rumours seem to point to its usage in CL and EL in the 2019/2020 season. I'm fine with is, especially if they use this year to better form their referee to use it well. As for EPL, its should propably have been implemented this year, shame it hasn't but I see no reason why it wouldn't be used next season, especially considering even La Liga will be using it by then.

• History

Rumours seem to point to its usage in CL and EL in the 2019/2020 season. I'm fine with is, especially if they use this year to better form their referee to use it well. As for EPL, its should propably have been implemented this year, shame it hasn't but I see no reason why it wouldn't be used next season, especially considering even La Liga has been using it.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

If VAR is being used in 2019/20 season, then this season might be our last time to win another Champions League title... :D

DannyZeek 6 years ago
5 31

PL has a pace and VAR would kill it.

I have a strong fear, the UK ref decision may even shock VAR

SO NO VAR PLZ

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Dyn: hahaha :D do you really mean it? :D. I think Spanish teams would have a bit of trouble yeah :D.

@Danny: it would surely slow things down, but that's why may be they should use something similar to tennis' preview rules

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Dynastian I disagree, Real sometime get lucky but they still are an incredible side who deserve their previous CL trophy, well most of them at least. If they play better than the other, then VAR or no VAR, they will win it again. Thats my conviction at least.

@Tuan Indeed, if it feel too slow, there is alway way to speed up its use once its implemented. Beside, it was well used in WC 2018 and didn't really slow the game too much. Heck, I heard freekick were the one thing that took the longest and wasted most time in a game in the WC.

• History

@Dynastian I disagree, Real sometime get lucky but they still are an incredible side who deserve their previous CL trophy, well most of them at least. If they play better than the other, then VAR or no VAR, they will win it again. Thats my conviction at least.

@Tuan Indeed, if it feel too slow, there is alway way to speed up its use once its implemented. Beside, it was well used in WC 2018 and didn't really slow the game too much. Heck, I heard freekick were the one thing that took the longest to take and wasted most time in a game in the WC.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

No penalty for Pepe

Penalty for Mane

whole FA can fuck off with or without VAR, still worst referees by a mile

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Well, if it wasn't so frustrating, that would be funny. :P But yeah, feel like even with VAR, we're never going to get 100% right call.