Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What a boring fest has this forum become ..
Marcus2011 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I have been working a lot and you know , as you grow older more responsibilities fall in your life and time has become commodity that i can hardly find . I am sure we all here can relate and see the pattern that older members are no longer as active as they used to be and we all have grown . I just like to say to you , if anyone disappears suddenly from this forum and we never hear again from them , that YOU MATTERED ! Honestly , i remember everyone of you and over the years you have developed this online personality that i came to like and dislike depending on the topic we talk about but at end of the day I like you all and respect you all !

I am sure we are all different backgrounds here , but footyroom over the years kind of united us into one big football fanatic family . I think one day I will simply disappear too but this forum has been a bit of a life journey because i visited it so often , it will stay with me forever !

So , I just like to salute to new members and urge you to make this forum as fun as it used to be because lately it has been boring to visit it . I have confident as season goes on it will pick up the pace . I have no doubt that maybe in 30 years , I will still visit this forum and enjoy it as much as I used to .

Special thanks to footyroom Mods and creators . You guys doing a great job here !

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I have been working a lot and you know , as you grow older more responsibilities fall in your life and time has become commodity that i can hardly find . I am sure we all here can relate and see the pattern that older members are no longer as active as they used to be and we all have grown . I just like to say to you , if anyone disappears suddenly from this forum and we never hear again from them , that YOU MATTERED ! Honestly , i remember everyone of you and over the years you have developed this online personality that i came to like and dislike depending on the topic we talk about but at end of the day I like you all and respect you all !

I am sure we are all different backgrounds here , but footyroom over the years kind of united us into one big football fanatic family . I think one day I will simply disappear too but this forum has been a bit of a life journey because i visited it so often !

Also , I just like to salute to new members and urge you to make this forum as fun as it used to be because lately it has been boring to visit it . I have confident as season goes on it will pick up the pace . I have no doubt that maybe in 30 years , I will still visit this forum and enjoy it as much as used to .

Special thanks to footyroom Mods and creators . You guys doing a great job here !

I am sure we are all different backgrounds here , but footyroom over the years kind of united us into one big football fanatic family . I think one day I will simply disappear too but this forum has been a bit of a life journey because i visited it so often , it will stay with me forever !

Also , I just like to salute to new members and urge you to make this forum as fun as it used to be because lately it has been boring to visit it . I have confident as season goes on it will pick up the pace . I have no doubt that maybe in 30 years , I will still visit this forum and enjoy it as much as used to .

Comments
Lilywhite 8 years ago
28 468

I have been on this forum since the very beginning, although I didn't start to post until about 3 years ago. If there's any of the old members I'd like to see back it would be the the ones I see as the biggest legends:

• GunnerAFC (the clever, but silent Arsenal fan)
  • koldimere (the meme joker)
  • Footaholic (very intelligent person)
  • Golden (what a story he had)
  • Heisinburg (Golden light)
  • Jimskeleton (legendary Spurs fan)
  • DonAndres (the old tiki_taka)
  • naman93 (the old Dynastian98)
  • bloodred1992 (the old TheGame)

Don't think I missed anyone, but these guys have for me given this forum a unique taste.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

@naman93 is a legend, him and @ironfist make the best madrid fan duo. I also miss superrobinvanpersie

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@liomessi I know tiki is still active, but he can't really argue with Amerr when he is gone... :(

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Amerr disappeared after his unsuccessful EURO predictions. A lot of fellow gonners disappeared sadly.
Lodatz is still here (when you're reading this cheers!)
I would add to Lily's list:

• AlexBatak (always had a nice talk with him in live chat watching matches)
  • Vendetta
Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Footaholic is the one who dragged me into the forum . At first I didn't have an account but was watching highlights on here and occasionally posted opinions anonymously . Then i created account and started to argue with idiots on comment section ( we all know how idiotic and frustrating it can get ) . Footaholic messaged me to leave comment section and join grow ups on forum LOL I didn't even know there was forum with completely different intelligence to comment section ..

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus Yeah, the forum and comment section are like a whole different site, its remind me its pretty sad that a few number of smarter user nowaday are out there in the comment section but don't come to the forum more often.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Thank you mate, miss the long threads with Stats, I have same duties considering real life, so yeah less active. New members turn to make this forum living again And yeah pretty nostalgic with Old members ( except amerr ), did someone saw shpalman lately ?

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@tiki: i was about to ask for Sphalman. I guess hes still on his sumer vacation.

Miss the lad

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@tuan_jinn Me too! I miss sphalman so much, was the first mod I befriended on the site (you being the second). He also a bit of a badass if you don't mind me saying, hope he come back soon. :D

tuan_jinn 8 years ago

@Emo: yep, badass, Italian temper, great guy. I had a fight with him once for Mod duty hehehe. He was so active, miss that guy

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@tuan_jinn Yeah, hope to see him again soon. :)

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

and it's been downhill ever since

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Yeah, its been pretty bad in recent week. Can't be helped, lots of people started their school and their work anew as the summer ended and slowly got less time for the forum. It'll get better in time, I have no doubt. ;)

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Yeah, I am traveling too so haven't got time to post much, comon lads let's hit it up! We missed the Pre and Post discussion of great matches like last season!!!

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

tiki has been disappearing after his last ban :(

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Yeppp its a shame tbh. Ive been kinda busyvrecently w/ gcses and also kinda lazy.
But apparently football forums liven up at world cups!!

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I just like to say to you , if anyone disappears suddenly from this forum and we never hear again from them , that YOU MATTERED !

I think one day I will simply disappear too

Oh God, this hit me in the feels.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Damn, I already suspected who were legendary users here by amount of comments but seeing that I don't know anyone on @Lilywhite's list makes me sad because how much good people are here. I didn't see him/here for a while either? Anyways right now I see how much people come and go here.

Also can someone inform me what is with those mods who never comment? like I saw few comments of them and having mod flair but never saw them comment after that... are there just site developers or something like that? @AlexBatak and @Vendetta are two I saw in older match comments, and like few months ago someone talked about Milan mod that disappeared from community.

@quikzy,

and it's been downhill ever since

Sadly. Forums are pretty much dead, no big discussions for a while. No big arguments between @tiki and other people lol. Hopefully it returns if people check around Christmas, would make me happy.

@tuan,

tiki has been disappearing after his last ban :(

For how long is that? I never really noticed. I know there was that one discussion over summer when he got ban or something, is that what happened? Real sad because he is intelligent person and great fan but always was in heated discussions.

@lio,

But apparently football forums liven up at world cups!!

YES. That gives some hope. I haven't even thought about that.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian

For how long is that? I never really noticed. I know there was that one discussion over summer when he got ban or something, is that what happened? Real sad because he is intelligent person and great fan but always was in heated discussions.

100% agree with you, anyway, seem like what you said is true as well. I miss him a lot. He used to be real nice to me as well. :( Only active French talking user on the forum other than me as well. :( C'est si triste.

As for Alex, he made a comment the moderator team thought was inapropriate and chose not to remove after we asked many time, then he got a bit sour after it and well, it just went to hell. It was a shame about the whole situation. :(

Sunflash also chosed to be less active because he thought he was getting too involved in a passionate manner in certain discussion. Once again, I feel bad about it. :(

Got no idea about Vendetta, never knew him. I would also like it if Tuanis dropped more often or if Gennady commented a bit more on the forum. As for Emrecan, I hope he is simply occupied with his study and nothing bad has happened to him. Dynastian also have a lot going on in real life from what I heard so he also less active.

On the other hand, we got some new user being active like Yvan and Golazo who haven't been bad at all! Seriously hope to see more of these two. :)

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

this thread is really sad, BUMP