Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What a boring fest has this forum become ..
Marcus2011 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I have been working a lot and you know , as you grow older more responsibilities fall in your life and time has become commodity that i can hardly find . I am sure we all here can relate and see the pattern that older members are no longer as active as they used to be and we all have grown . I just like to say to you , if anyone disappears suddenly from this forum and we never hear again from them , that YOU MATTERED ! Honestly , i remember everyone of you and over the years you have developed this online personality that i came to like and dislike depending on the topic we talk about but at end of the day I like you all and respect you all !

I am sure we are all different backgrounds here , but footyroom over the years kind of united us into one big football fanatic family . I think one day I will simply disappear too but this forum has been a bit of a life journey because i visited it so often , it will stay with me forever !

So , I just like to salute to new members and urge you to make this forum as fun as it used to be because lately it has been boring to visit it . I have confident as season goes on it will pick up the pace . I have no doubt that maybe in 30 years , I will still visit this forum and enjoy it as much as I used to .

Special thanks to footyroom Mods and creators . You guys doing a great job here !

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I have been working a lot and you know , as you grow older more responsibilities fall in your life and time has become commodity that i can hardly find . I am sure we all here can relate and see the pattern that older members are no longer as active as they used to be and we all have grown . I just like to say to you , if anyone disappears suddenly from this forum and we never hear again from them , that YOU MATTERED ! Honestly , i remember everyone of you and over the years you have developed this online personality that i came to like and dislike depending on the topic we talk about but at end of the day I like you all and respect you all !

I am sure we are all different backgrounds here , but footyroom over the years kind of united us into one big football fanatic family . I think one day I will simply disappear too but this forum has been a bit of a life journey because i visited it so often !

Also , I just like to salute to new members and urge you to make this forum as fun as it used to be because lately it has been boring to visit it . I have confident as season goes on it will pick up the pace . I have no doubt that maybe in 30 years , I will still visit this forum and enjoy it as much as used to .

Special thanks to footyroom Mods and creators . You guys doing a great job here !

I am sure we are all different backgrounds here , but footyroom over the years kind of united us into one big football fanatic family . I think one day I will simply disappear too but this forum has been a bit of a life journey because i visited it so often , it will stay with me forever !

Also , I just like to salute to new members and urge you to make this forum as fun as it used to be because lately it has been boring to visit it . I have confident as season goes on it will pick up the pace . I have no doubt that maybe in 30 years , I will still visit this forum and enjoy it as much as used to .

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golefty :( But seriously, what about you? Is work keeping you away from the forum? We've been missing you as much as other.

KTBFFHSWE 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

tiki an intelligent guy? Alexbatak however was. Too bad you went pc on him.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@KTB Alex was a good guy no doubt but moderators are a team, you can't choose to completely ignore everyone opinion and act as you please. Beside, we never told him he had to leave the forum because of the incident, he is the one who started insulting us over it and told us to delete his account which we haven't done btw because we're still hoping he change his mind about us and chose to come back at one point. I find it pretty sad you accuse us of being responsible for him leaving, especially considering we would have much rather had him stay. :( Still, some line we think its better not to cross as a mod and sadly, we felt he did so on that occassion.

And yeah, Tiki is intelligent, some of his analysis were great. But I do understand why some people couldn't stand him, he said a lot of crappy stuff and managed to get away with it pherhap a bit too much. Even I was able to tell the guy might have been better keeping some of his thought to himself and the only reason I kept respect for him was because of how smart some of his thought could be at time.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

@tiki is overly biased over some situations and gets triggered in every possible discussion, that doesn't hurt my opinion that he knows football very well and is true fan after all.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Pretty much a good short version of Tiki's problem and quality. :P

Golefty 6 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

@Emo well i appreciate you saying that , i miss some of the old users , maybe Fr could implement some sort of incentive to use the forum, like a ranking system like Call of Duty :P something to get the old dopamine/reward pathways flowing,

• History

@Emo well i appreciate you saying that , i miss some of the old users , maybe Fr could implement some sort of incentive to use the forum, like a ranking system like Call of Duty :P something to get the old dopamine/reward pathways flowing

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I miss @tiki & @wofie :( they are bias sometimes but such great knowledges

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited

@KTBFFHSWE: Exactly like @Emo said, Alex chose to to that, we tried to convince him for calming down and staying. We mods love each other. He has his opinion and decided to leave in a bit of a stupid way I would say. We respect his wishes though

I still like him and hope to see him come back to FR one day.

• History

@KTBFFHSWE: Exactly like @Emo said, Alex chose to to that, we tried to convince him for calming down and staying. We mods love each other. He has his opinion and decided to leave in a bit of a stupid way I would say.

I still like him and hope to see him come back to FR one day.

alferroa 6 years ago
Liverpool, Indonesia 63 178

@Golefty I like that idea!

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

@golefty yeah there did used to be a ranking system!! I was like 100th.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@golefty Meh, the old ranking system was based on upvote and downvote wasn't it? Well, in that case, you wouldn't really need to be super active to get an high ranking, I mean, I'm the perfect example of it, my upvote score is super low despite being one of the most active user on the forum. :) If it would really work with how active an user is, then I would be down for it. :)

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Ahh the ranking system is a bit tricky.

:D some would favor the quality of the comments (meaning + score). and some would prefer quantity (how active users are).

I am going to suggest FR with an algorithm that can determine the better ranking system taking both into account, and the periods in between. There is no such perfect formula, and there are other things to build first I guess.

alferroa 6 years ago
Liverpool, Indonesia 63 178

@tuan @emo @golefty - I think one great ranking system for a football related website is futhead.com, I really love their karma system!

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Ranking system is something that should be there. Based on what user does, maybe even tags - like someone who helps community with quality threads or OCs, should defo have something that signals it.

If Footyroom got a bit more popular with active forum users, they would need to implement some ideas from reddit, random daily discussions, weekly threads about young talents, throwback threads, monthly unpopular opinion threads + users contributing to posts with their own discussions. Except since it won't be as big as r/soccer, this would be even better because r/soccer is flooded with shitty transfer sources, Opta stats and player quotes which really is some Instagram rather than football forum material.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

forum would never be such a fun place without biased points to be said..

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I really liked the "Value the Player" threads that @ramaboy used to start. He was also a great member and a really nice dude. Haven't seen him comment in ages.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian I still see him appear to make a quick comment from time to time. ;)

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

@ramaboys still around!

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

One day Most of you will Turn 60 but will you still be here?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus Technically, he was saying ramaboy was still around but fair enough. :P