Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What behavior(s) do you hate/dislike the most from FR members?
tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Hi guys,

With so many new members joining, different approaches hand behaviors while discussing football create conflict sometimes. Let's see if our community rules are good enough to facilitate all healthy discussion but still "fun". Let start by dislike/hate, and ignore some obvious unforgiven cases (racist, religious abusive, troll).

Simply list your choices here in the comment and in 1 MONTH I will create a pool. Now it's a low activities period so people is often calmer.

• Dig up the past out of no where (ex: remember 6 - 1?)
  • Repetitively have a dig at a team/a player/a member one thread after another.
  • Keep claiming statement without proper fact to back up
  • Keep throwing boring short comment (ex: lol! or whatever, or nice try)
  • Be a big glory hunter / fan girl (ex: Messi's fan or Ronaldo's fan, even their farts smell nice).
  • Don't response to comment after accuse someone of something negative
  • Being a smart-ass every time. (i personally dont have any problem with these on the internet)
  • Compare leagues, players all the time.
  • Always complaining about stuffs unreasonably (mods, games, weather).
  • Fish for likes.
  • Swear a lot (not to offense anyone). I dont have any problem with this either, :D
  • History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Hi guys, with the new flagging system it's much easier for us to help our community grow and clean.

With so many new members joining, different approaches hand behaviors while discussing football create conflict sometimes. Let's see if our community rules are good enough to facilitate all healthy discussion but still "fun". Let start by dislike/hate, and ignore some obvious unforgiven cases (racist, religious abusive, troll).

Simply list your choices here in the comment and in 1 MONTH I will create a pool. Now it's a low activities period so people is often calmer.

• Be a big glory hunter / fan girl (ex: Messi's fan or Ronaldo's fan, even their farts smell nice).
  • Being a smart-ass every time. (i personally dont have any problem with these on the internet)
  • Fish for likes.

Hi guys,

• Fish for likes.
Comments
tuan_jinn 7 years ago

I hate these:

• Be a big glory hunter / fan girl
quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002
  • changing the topic, starting to talk about favourite club of the user who is arguing, instead of staying on topic.
legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783
  • People who get banned but keep on coming back with different names
  • Having a superiority complex about your club. Whatever happens they are still the best, play the best, generally most awesome at everything in the world
tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited

Awesome guys!!!

@quik & legends16: will add that to the pool for sure!

Having a superiority complex about your club. Whatever happens they are still the best, play the best, generally most awesome at everything in the world

This is what I meant by Big fan girl too.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Awesome guys!!!

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

hypocrisy

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Id say Racism and intolerance are my two biggest

kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163

Compare leagues, players all the time.

Be a big glory hunter / fan girl (ex: Messi's fan or Ronaldo's fan, even their farts smell nice).

SoccerBoss 7 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Claiming one league is better than another. This is a problem all users suffer with.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'm going to be honest, I really don't care. The one thing that ruffles my feathers slightly is when one member will call out another member with the specific intent to provoke. This doesn't usually happen, but when it does, it usually results in a banhammer anyway, which is fine, but the person affected tends to leave the forum permanently/for a period of time regardless. We've lost several, if not valuable, certainly contributing members this way.

DarthFooty 7 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

There is a time and place for everything in my opinion so thread jacking is a shake my head moment. We should be more respectful and try to stay on topic of the thread. I have seen many get derailed.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Dictator mods. I'm happy to say that I haven't been in trouble in the 3 years I've been here, but I've seen some favoritism/ mishandling of power from time to time toward certain individuals. Pretty pleased with majority of mods overall, keep it up!

Always complaining about stuffs unreasonably (mods, games, weather).

I'm not really complaining here, just my 2 cents.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

When people claim to be "know-it-alls" without being able to back up an opinion with facts - and consequently refuse to admit that they are wrong.

Oftentimes, certain members decide to repeat their point without addressing your counter-arguments. Once they realize that they are in the wrong, they refuse to back down from their corner. Ultimately, they just prick you with passive-aggressive behavior or flame-baiting sentences.

I find it to be stupid beyond belief as it is so easy to concede that you were wrong and the other person is right. It actually shows me that you are a better person for being able to admit that your opinion was swayed when the opposing party presented accurate facts to prove their counter-argument. This happens quite frequently, to be honest.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

Hate people who:

• make judgements based solely on the fact they support a certain club
  • make bold statements without backing it up with a source or stats etc
  • are repetitive
  • write long essays that i can't be bothered to read
  • don't admit they are wrong when all the evidence and facts are against them

Love people who:

• Show respect to a team they don't support when they do something well
  • respect your view even if they don't support it
  • have a deep understanding of football and football history
  • make interesting threads that trigger discussion
  • have the courage to admit they were wrong...if they were
Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Glory hunters and smartasses.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

Nice, guys...

This is helpful.

Mostly these are toward forum members or is this also in the highlight where there are more public audiences?