Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What is the KOP?
ManCity4Eva 12 years ago
Manchester City, Spain 14 15

I have been watching some football and in the matches they say the KOP. What is the KOP?

Comments
koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

I think it's related to Liverpool's stadium. It's a stand in Anfield.

Gennady 12 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

The KOP end in Liverpool's Anfield stadium is named after 
The Spion Kop hill in South Africa. There was a battle there I think in 1900, It was fought between the South African Republic and the Orange State on the one hand and British forces during the Second Boer War during the campaign torelieve Ladysmith and resulted in a British defeat. So KOP stands in memory of those British soldiers who lost their lives in that battle and actually not only Liverpool has a stand named KOP many other stadiums have KOP ends too.

ManCity4Eva 12 years ago

Thanks Gennady

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Shame man Sh1tty lost against Liverpool at HOME. Glory Hunter!

ManCity4Eva 12 years ago

Heinsburg, I admit that we were beaten by a better team. We had lots of opportunities but we didn't take them well and the effect of Yaya Toure, his brother and Vincent Kompany at the African thingy, has taken its toll on us. P.S. it's not like Bayern Munich are doing any better.

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

so you're saying that your club sucks without them? That makes a lot of sense

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

When clubs miss important players, they don't perform as well as they normally do. Didn't you see what happened to Bayern when Robben was injured for like half of a season? They ended up losing the title to Dortmund and had to qualify for the Champions League. I know that it's also Louis van Gaal's fault, but Robben's absense did affect them a lot.