Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What music do you listen to?
Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

^^ pretty self-explanatory

Are you into older or newer stuff? What genres? Share stuff you listen to?

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

I really like to listen to music from the 80, blame it on my mom who would listen to music from that period all the time when I was a child. As for style, I'm pretty open, Pop, Rock, Metal, Classical, New Wave, Jazz, R&B and more. Only style that I really can't stand is Country, especially the boring song that lack rhythm and make you feel depressed or irritated. Recently, I got back into Heavy Metal, listening to stuff like Judas Priest and DIO for example.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I really like to listen to music from the 80, blame it on my mom who would listen to music from that time all the time when I was a child. As for style, I'm pretty open, Pop, Rock, Metal, Classical, New Wave, Jazz, R&B and more. Only style that I really can't stand is Country, especially the boring song that lack rhythm and make you feel depressed or irritated. Recently, I got back into Heavy Metal, listening to stuff like Judas Priest and DIO for example.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Really only three genres: hip hop, reggae, and classical.

Favorite hip hop albums:

• 3 Feet High and Rising
  • 93 til Infinity
  • The Low End Theory
  • Illmatic
  • Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

Reggae is almost entirely exclusive to the Wailers.

• African Herbsman
  • Burnin'
  • Catch a Fire
  • Confrontation
  • Exodus
  • Survival
  • Uprising

...and I enjoy Bach's Brandenburg Concertos and Chopin's nocturnes the most for classical music.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Oh, Blue Danube and Turkish March are some of my favorite classical music by the way.

@Dynast Chopin is great, love what he does whenever I get around to listen to him. He is certainly one of the most marking composer for me. His life story is a also pretty sad. :(

DarthFooty 6 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

@Dynast De La Soul! Not many say much about them, so thats awesome you did. "Pot Holes in my lawn!"

I like a lot of different genres. Rock (Old and some new with Metallica as my fav), Rap, Hip Hop, Alternative, Instrumental, 80s, even some pop.

My list would be hella long so, I will just leave it as genres. :P

nandaYNWA 6 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

exclusively metal

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

My favourite song is this:

I lidten to pop, mainly Ellie Goulding, One Direction, Taylor Swift, Charlie Puth.

Croatian 6 years ago

Thanks for sharing all the stuff, some interesting tastes.

I forgot to write about my taste aswell, I listen to lot of genres but my favorite right now is rap, some of songs are quite underrated by those who aren't used to listen to rap. And lot of people think rap is only Pac, Biggie and Eminem, which is plain wrong, some 90s rappers could be compared to them atleast IMO.

From bands I like Pink Floyd, Queen, Boston, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac and some other stuff. Also a bit of older pop - especially 80s and 90s.

My playlist is basically only songs that I instantly liked first time I heard them. Since I'm not big fan of modern music, none of that is on my playlist, although I can listen to it on radio.

@Dynastian, you have great taste man, glad to see I'm not only Nas fan here. He's been my favorite rapper for quite a while now. I also love AZ, he kept classic NY sound deep into 2000s.

@Emo, yeah can't make myself listen to country either. Some of older stuff is quite decent though, newer songs are just awful (atleast most of them).

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@liomessi: that's pretty mainstream :D :D. Not that its bad. Ok some are pretty bad music. :D

Echo_R6 6 years ago
Arsenal, Singapore 1 412

Trap music

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Croatian I was raised on Queen, Pink Floyd and Beatles music, you could say it was the background music of my youth, some of my dad favorite. :)

@tuan_jinn To be fair, I feel like we, the older generation that don't listen to most recent and popular music tend to be similar to hipster in that domain. We generalize them new mainstream song and end up not giving them as much chance or just being too harsh on them while they are not all that bad. Thats how I feel anyway sometime. ;) The fact I don't often listen these track on the radio doesn't help me anyway.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Yep, gotta give props to Queen for making timeless music.

I'm a bit of everything too but recently I've been hooked up with lofi hip hop radio on YouTube. Would definitely recommend for those who haven't heard about it. They're endless cycles of chillaxed hip hop music that keeps you going.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Everything but lately i feel like this is hitting the right spots in my sense system

rayrex7 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Based on the mood honestly.

When i'm studying or just reading a book, i listen to some lofi beats.
Sometimes rap, hip-hop, R&B, Jazz or soft rock. I enjoy bryson tiller, post malone and TY dolla sign a lot.

But atm, this keeps on replaying:

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

Hip-Hop (Em, Nas, Immortal Technique, Jadakiss, Lupe Fiasco, Shyne, 50, Souls of Mischief, Lloyd Banks, D12, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Dre, old Drake, old Kanye, etc) and Punk Rock and others (Green Day, Blink 182, Panic! at the Disco, Sum 41, Paramore, Avenged Sevenfold, Fall Out Boy, The Killers, Three Days Grace, etc) plus some catchy pop songs here and there.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Twenty one pilots - currently some of my favorite to listen to. Good beats and lyrics.
Three days grace
The script - except their most recent album which is trash.
Linkin Park
Green day
Little bit of avenged sevenfold

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Emo: fair point.

I do listen to mainstream, but in the last 3 years main stream POP are total trash... :D IMO.

I listen then, to good acoustic cover or remix/edm of those though. :D

I have different play list for work, workout, romantic, sex (you dont want to be distracted, but sometimes you do HEHEHE). :D. On soundcloud there are lots of good mixes.

Anyone here listen to Joe Bonamassa or similar?

_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

All kinds of music that is good. From classic music to hard rock to R&B to reggae...

I do want to give a special shout out for "epic music"... Check out "Ivan Torrent - Rêverie (full Album)" and "2 steps from hell - battlecry (full album)"

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

All kinds of music that is good. From classic music to hard rock to R&B to reggae...

I do want to give a special shot for "epic music"... Check out "Ivan Torrent - Rêverie (full Album)" and "2 steps from hell - battlecry (full album)"

I do want to give a special shout for "epic music"... Check out "Ivan Torrent - Rêverie (full Album)" and "2 steps from hell - battlecry (full album)"

expertfootball11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Developped recently a real love for folk music of all kinds. But mostly pop, some old rock and roll and metal. I feel rap extremely overrated and not that inspiring, except for a few.

Croatian 6 years ago

@expertfootball, well it really depends. If you mean mumble rap, yes sure, I believe anyone raised in 90s or early 00s knows how shit rap became. 90s rap was absolute peak and I doubt it'll be same again. And also, rap's main purpose is storytelling, I think there are a lot of inspiring songs, but still, not everyone is type to enjoy rap.

Rap consists mainly of lyrics, beat and flow, and combination of those makes a good song. One of most popular questions on askreddit is 'which song is best to introduce rap to someone who hates rap'. So, you know, rap isn't something everyone can like. And even though I never, ever, asked someone to change their opinion on something so objective as music taste, I'd recommend to listen to Nas - Memory Lane. Showed to people who 'hate' rap, they liked the song. Showed it to metal heads, they liked it too. Song literally has everything, fantastic verses, great flow and beat. It's one of most catchy rap songs tbh. Not one of most famous, some of songs are hidden behind other great songs.

Anyways, keep in mind loads of 'rap' isn't actually rap.

@tuan,

I do listen to mainstream, but in the last 3 years main stream POP are total trash... :D IMO.

I'd honestly agree. At this point pop is something that I can't listen for fun, few years ago it was okay though. Some of mainstream stuff is ok, some of it is bad... really depends on taste. But for some songs on radio nowadays, I can honestly say 'that is crap' without hesitating.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

Nas's flow is off the charts.