Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What new stuff would you like to see on FootyRoom in 2016?
Gennady 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United 284 3961

Any new features? any new material? any changes?

What would you like to see on FootyRoom?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Any new features? any new material? any changes?

What would you like to see on FootyRoom in 2016?

Comments
Chanakya999 8 years ago
Manchester United, Germany 56 167

@Marcus2011 A long time ago, there used to be a score prediction thing for the UCL and that especially sparked my interest in watching more UEFA Champions League football. About a month ago, I created a separate post hoping that they could bring it back.

As per my suggestions...

1. Poll option
  2. Better app
  3. For the sake of neatness, capitalize the 'p' and 'f' in the I play football category (my OCD kinda kicks in lol)
  4. Ability to change usernames (removing users that have been inactive for 3+ years)

Something that would be really interesting is introducing status level dependent on how active you are on the forum and how credible your posts are. For example, someone like @Dynastian would have a gold or platinum status and someone like me would have a bronze status. This could possibly help people (new people in general) to the forum by telling them how much they know about football/soccer and to not mess with them and create unnecessary arguements.

JuanMata10 8 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

^

Ability to change usernames

YES PLEASE ;-)

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Changing usernames could be miss-used though.. Why not just create a new account? Anyways, your usernames just reveal some history and that you've been here for long.. :)

Furthermore, if you're active on the forum you'll know who knows what they're talking about and who to ignore without classifying them.. The old ranking system was just poor. Especially since there just to be multi-accounts and since you still can upvote your own comments for points.

Chucksea 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea 5 267
  1. Turn off spoilers.

2. More highlights videos options: Extended, Interviews, Specific moments of the game, Player on the match performance...

3. Ability to yellow card users so admins can be aware of annoying people. Penalty if incorrectly used. Or maybe restricted use, like one per week.

4. Polls within forum.

5. Player rating for each player in highlights section.

6. Instead of predicting the players who are going to score (the same players are picked every week), predict only the player who is going to perform the most. Some know which players like to play against a given team (Ex: Chicharito vs Chelsea). And then in the highlight section, show how spot on or off the prediction actually was.
  • History
  1. Turn off spoilers.

2. More highlights videos options: Extended, Interviews, Specific moments of the game, Player on the match performance...

3. Ability to yellow card users so admins can be aware of annoying people. Penalty if incorrectly used. Or maybe restricted use, like one per week.

4. Polls within forum.

6. Instead of predicting the players who are going to score (the same players are always picked for every teams), predict only the player who is going to perform the most. Some know which players like to play against a given team. And then in the highlight section, show how spot on or off the prediction actually was.
  1. Turn off spoilers.

4. Polls within forum.

6. Instead of predicting the players who are going to score (the same players are always picked every week), predict only the player who is going to perform the most. Some know which players like to play against a given team. And then in the highlight section, show how spot on or off the prediction actually was.
  1. Turn off spoilers.

4. Polls within forum.

6. Instead of predicting the players who are going to score (the same players are picked every week), predict only the player who is going to perform the most. Some know which players like to play against a given team. And then in the highlight section, show how spot on or off the prediction actually was.
Gennady 8 years ago

Alright thank you all for your suggestions and comments here, I will do what I can to talk to FR developers and see what they can do, but as most of you know, FR always try and to what is best for us all :)

@louis_van_gaal

1.Ban more trolls and disrespectful people - We as moderators are working on it ;)
2.Ability to turn off spoilers - Surely this feature will be available soon
3.Give player ratings out of 10 after matches in the highlight section or maybe the forum - You can vote for MOTM at the video page
4.Poll option -
5.Bring back rankings - why? they're kind of pointless and will only make people to thumb up themselves to get better ratings
6.More legendary matches -
7.Better app -
8.Ability to delete your own comment -
9.Highlights from more leagues - like which ones?
10.A user of the week, month or even year award
11.Have an option for the bigger games to have a long and short highlight video depending on what people prefer - FR have it for a while now like HERE or HERE or HERE pretty much all the big matches have alternative, extended highlights and the post match interviews under the video. Maybe you didn't notice.
12.Show manager press conferences - Pre match pressers or post match? Because I also saw post match pressers on some highlights
13.Have a fifa category in the forum -
14.have a meme category in the forum where people can share funny pictures - meh....
15.Ability to change your username - Probably not gonna happen

@Chucksea

-Turn off spoilers. -
-More highlights videos options: Extended, Interviews, Specific moments of the game, Player on the match performance... - More highlights are always there on the big matches, look under the video
-Ability to yellow card users so admins can be aware of annoying people. Penalty if incorrectly used. Or maybe restricted use, like one per week. - BANS are already available
-Polls within forum. -
-Player rating for each player in highlights section. - MOTM is already available in there
-Instead of predicting the players who are going to score (the same players are picked every week), predict only the player who is going to perform the most. Some know which players like to play against a given team (Ex: Chicharito vs Chelsea). And then in the highlight section, show how spot on or off the prediction actually was. - Not exactly sure what you mean here

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

-Instead of predicting the players who are going to score (the same players are picked every week), predict only the player who is going
to perform the most. Some know which players like to play against a
given team (Ex: Chicharito vs Chelsea). And then in the highlight
section, show how spot on or off the prediction actually was. - Not
exactly sure what you mean here

I am not sure either but checking who performs the best is only going to be seen from squawka or whoscored. So you'd probably have to put "WhoScored Man Of The Match" for every highlight thread or something.

If I understood correctly.

louis_van_gaal 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 38 786

@Gennady My thoughts on what you said about my suggestions.

3.I understand we have MOTM but maybe this can just be set up in the forum to make it less complicated and avoid having non-users mess it all up by voting crazy numbers for fun. We can also just have it for the big matches, like really big. I think this cool because it can led to good discussions about individual players and their performances. If what I want is unclear, Daily mail, the mirror and many other places have this set up after matches.

5.I guess that doesn't matter.

9.More eredivisie, primeira liga, all the MLS (not just ones with legends playing) other than that this website is pretty good at having lots and lots of highlights.

11.My bad. I wish I saw that earlier because I have wanted to have that as an option for awhile and now it turns out it has been there the whole time. :(

12.Not a big deal because they are easy to find on youtube.

14.I understand the "meh" but I love memes and some of them out there are pretty hilarious. So, maybe we can try to out but if it turns bad and disrespectful can shut it down or ban people from it.

15.This for me is the one I want the most. I love LVG but as we all know he will leave or get sacked fairly soon and retire from the game. When that happens I do not want to be stuck with his name forever. Other people are in similar situations like a Chelsea fan with Mourinho's name that might want it changed. A chelsea fan is also named after Juan Mata and his old number 10, meaning he may want to change it now that Juan is long gone. My point to all of this is that I wish FootyRoom to give special permission to a few individuals so that they can change their username.

On a different topic Gennady, can you please reply to what I posted on your wall.

Thank you so much for responding to my suggestions and I hope this truly makes FootyRoom a better place and website.

• History

3.I understand we have MOTM but maybe this can just be set up in the forum to make it less complicated and avoid having non-users mess it all up by voting crazy numbers for fun. We can also just have it for the big matches, like really big. I think this cool because it can led to good discussions about individual players and their performances. If what I want is unclear, Daily mail, the mirror and many other places have this set up after matches.

5.I guess that doesn't matter.

9.More eredivisie, primeira liga, all the MLS (not just ones with legends playing) other than that this website is pretty good at having lots and lots of highlights.

11.My bad. I wish I saw that earlier because I have wanted to have that as an option for awhile and now it turns out it has been there the whole time. :(

12.Not a big deal because they are easy to find on youtube.

14.I understand the "meh" but I love memes and some of them out there are pretty hilarious. So, maybe we can try to out but if it turns bad and disrespectful can shut it down or ban people from it.

15.This for me is the one I want the most. I love LVG but as we all know he will leave or get sacked fairly soon and retire from the game. When that happens I do not want to be stuck with his name forever. Other people are in similar situations like a Chelsea fan with Mourinho's name that might want it changed. A chelsea fan is also named after Juan Mata and his old number 10, meaning he may want to change it now that Juan is long gone. My point to all of this is that I wish FootyRoom to give special permission to a few individuals so that they can change their username.

On a different topic Gennady, can you please reply to what I posted on your wall.

Thank you so much for responding to my suggestions and I hope this truly makes FootyRoom a better place and website.

TheGame 8 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

More highlights of United winning ;)

Gennady 8 years ago

@louis_van_gaal Thanks mate, I'll do what I can.

In the future, when it comes to creating usernames, not only on FootyRoom, but pretty much everywhere on the internet, I suggest you using your name with few numbers maybe :)

I suggest this to everyone :)

Have a good day ya'll

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

What happened to match stats in highlight section ?

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago

Probably because it's only cups right?^

same at livescore.com.. they don't seem to show stats for the cup games..

Marcus2011 8 years ago

@KTBFFHSWE

Forget about livescores . It is a crap .

Flashscore.com is the bomb .

You can also see highlights of the goal live as the match goes on . Awesome website

Chanakya999 8 years ago
Manchester United, Germany 56 167

I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the ability for the user to delete forums they have created would be good. I have some forums I would like to get rid of because I was young and they are pointless and stupid as well.

Marcus2011 8 years ago

Getting rid of evidence ? Only mods can do that )))

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Let's say after youve changed your username you cant change it for another 365 days

Marcus2011 8 years ago

Why people want to change their username so much ?

I don't agree that people should be able to change their usernames .

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago

I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the ability for the
user to delete forums they have created would be good. I have some
forums I would like to get rid of because I was young and they are
pointless and stupid as well.

I disagree. You can always ask me mods to delete it for you though.

Let's say after youve changed your username you cant change it for another 365 days

Disagree. Just make a new account and delete your old one. It's a small forum and people will know it's still you.

Gennady 8 years ago

For you guys who want to change your username, I strongly suggest you to Contact FootyRoom and I'm sure they will help you out, since FR always listen and care about their audience as far as I experienced.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago

I would suggest adding teams to this: enter image description here

I know that you can search for example Chelsea in the searchbox and then press the 'more' button to see all Chelsea matches on the same page. But for those who don't know about this, it might be easier to narrow it by being able to browse for specific teams directly.

shpalman 8 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

report button on every comment, which only registered users can use. that would make it easy for FR registered users to help mods dealing with offensive posts in the highlight comments section.