Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Which champion would you rather have: Chelsea or Tottenham?
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

Who would you rather have as EPL champion this year between those two? And why?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Who would you rather have as EPL champion this year between those two?

Comments
Lodatz 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

BTw league attendance was high because prices were low.

LOL wtf? Spurs fans have been complaining about the prices all season, since they were more than at the Lane.

Attendance is not something I would brag about

Certainly not if you're a Chelsea fan, that's true. After all, Chelsea's attendance was far lower than Tottenham's this year. It will be next year, too, since we'll still have a bigger stadium than you. :)

Only for now, of course.

Lodatz 6 years ago Edited

@Dynast:

In my eyes, Poch is eyeing the Premier League title, but I see a slim chance of them winning it in the next 5 years as all the top talents around the world prefer to play for City or United over Spurs.

Well, that's because City and United can pay them 3x or 4x what we can. Our strategy of improvement has been based thus far on gradual acquisition of top talent before it becomes too widely coveted. Take Eriksen, for instance. Won 3 Dutch titles, and was league POTY at Ajax. We got him for something like 12m, based upon his potential, and because he had spoken with our club at length about our long-term project.

Kane and Alli too talk often about the long-term project, and in Alli's case is why he did choose Spurs over someone like United, where he would have been lucky to make the bench, because the more expensive players would play ahead of him. Kane had said, constantly, how much he wants to be a Spurs legend, and has no plans to go anywhere else.

You can't simply buy that kind of loyalty, and perhaps why we've reached the level we have. We're still punching far above our weight by coming 3rd, 2nd and 3rd, and that greater-than-sum-of-parts effect could be why. Poch brings that, and inspires it, and hopefully will continue to bring the best out of players like Son and Davinson Sanchez, who both came to our club because they liked the sound of what we're building.

We're getting heavier, what with the new 62k stadium we're moving into next season, which will allow for much higher gate revenue and subsequent spending money on wages etc., but we;re still simply dwarfed financially by Chelsea, City, United and even Arsenal and Liverpool.

All we can do is keep trusting that the squad continues to improve, that our level continues to rise, and that we reach our destination as champions. Don't forget that Spurs did beat Madrid and Dortmund (twice) this year in Europe, and might have gone further if not for 10 minutes of inexperience against the ridiculously experienced Italian champions. That doesn't mean much aside from bragging rights, since it didn't result in silverware, but it does serve as an indication of what we're becoming, with still the second youngest team in the league.

Do you think Tottenham will be able to retain the likes of Kane and Alli for long? And if they do, is there any chance they will win the Premier League or make a deep run in the Champions League in the near future (say, the next 5 years)?

Sure. Could even be as soon as next year. If we didn't have such an annoyingly slow start to the season (again), we'd have finished at least above United, and I dunno if City can replicate this season's form again, so anything is possible. Don't forget that if not for the Leicester miracle, and Chelsea's first half of the season last year, Tottenham might have been crowned already.

We're not a million miles away from the promised land, is all I'm saying.

• History

@Dynast:

In my eyes, Poch is eyeing the Premier League title, but I see a slim chance of them winning it in the next 5 years as all the top talents around the world prefer to play for City or United over Spurs.

Well, that's because City and United can pay them 3x or 4x what we can. Our strategy of improvement has been based thus far on gradual acquisition of top talent before it becomes too widely coveted. Take Eriksen, for instance. Won 3 Dutch titles, and was league POTY at Ajax. We got him for something like 12m, based upon his potential, and because he had spoken with our club at length about our long-term project.

Kane and Alli too talk often about the long-term project, and in Alli's case is why he did choose Spurs over someone like United, where he would have been lucky to make the bench, because the more expensive players would play ahead of him. Kane had said, constantly, how much he wants to be a Spurs legend, and has no plans to go anywhere else.

You can't simply buy that kind of loyalty, and perhaps why we've reached the level we have. We're still punching far above our weight by coming 3rd, 2nd and 3rd, and that greater-than-sum-of-parts effect could be why. Poch brings that, and inspires it, and hopefully will continue to bring the best out of players like Son and Davinson Sanchez, who both came to our club because they liked the sound of what we're building.

We're getting heavier, what with the new 62k stadium we're moving into next season, which will allow for much higher gate revenue and subsequent spending money on wages etc., but we;re still simply dwarfed financially by Chelsea, City, United and even Arsenal and Liverpool.

All we can do is keep trusting that the squad continues to improve, that our level continues to rise, and that we reach our destination as champions. Don't forget that Spurs did beat Madrid and Dortmund (twice) this year in Europe, and might have gone further if not for 10 minutes of inexperience against the ridiculously experienced Italian champions. That doesn't mean much aside from bragging rights, since it didn't result in silverware, but it does serve as an indication of what we're becoming, with still the second youngest team in the league.

Do you think Tottenham will be able to retain the likes of Kane and Alli for long? And if they do, is there any chance they will win the Premier League or make a deep run in the Champions League in the near future (say, the next 5 years)?

Sure. Could even be as soon as next year. If we didn't have such an annoyingly slow start to the season (again), we'd have finished at least above United, and I dunno if City can replicate this season's form again, so anything is possible. Don't forget that if not for the Leicester miracle, and Chelsea's first half of the season last year, Tottenham might have been crowned already.

We're not a million miles away from the promised land, is what I'm saying.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Spurs have less fans than Arsenal and Chelsea, and they never won a title :)

^ Gilgazo thinks football began in 1992.

Also, Chelsea are out of the Top 4 again, having once again been second-best to Spurs, because they couldn't handle juggling more than one major competition at a time, and their title win last season was largely thanks to having no European football, just like I stated a year ago and was completely right, despite Gilgazo not wanting to admit it. :)

• History

^ LOLazo thinks football began in 1992.

Also, Chelsea are out of the Top 4, because they couldn't handle juggling more than one major competition at a time. :)

Also, Chelsea are out of the Top 4, because they couldn't handle juggling more than one major competition at a time. :)

Also, Chelsea are out of the Top 4, because they couldn't handle juggling more than one major competition at a time, just like I stated a year ago and was completely right, despite Gilgazo not wanting to admit it. :)

Also, Chelsea are out of the Top 4, because they couldn't handle juggling more than one major competition at a time, and their title win last season was largely thanks to having no European football, just like I stated a year ago and was completely right, despite Gilgazo not wanting to admit it. :)

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Like I told you, Chelsea won the title playing European football and not playing European football so you're wrong because Spurs never won PL playing or not in Europe :) The reasons are not important, the silverware is and you have none :)

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Lodaz: can you please stop address user by mock-name: "Gilgazo" during discussion! or it would be removed

• History

@Lodaz: can you please address user by mock-name: "Gilgazo" during discussion! or it would be removed

Lodatz 6 years ago

Like I told you,

Like I told you: Chelsea are out of the Top 4 again, having once again been second-best to Spurs, because they couldn't handle juggling more than one major competition at a time, and their title win last season was largely thanks to having no European football, just like I stated a year ago and was completely right, despite Golazo not wanting to admit it. :)

You can keep trying to change the subject if you like, but that only exposes how much you've lost the debate of the actual subject.

This happens every time we fight.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

@Lodaz: what the hell are you talking about? Are you saying you know him in person and some how manage to identify his identity here?

That sounds like a big claim, and mostly lies. The only thing I'm interested is the part "he and his friend destroyed the other community". But nevertheless, please stop with all the attack please.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Doesn't matter that we are not in top 4 since you still havent won jack sht lol...more titles more fans...too easy

Lodatz 6 years ago

too easy

Just like finishing above Chelsea. :)

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

You brag about being in top 4 while we brag about still winning titles and playing for silverware xD

Lodatz 6 years ago

You brag about being in top 4

No, I just brag about being right, and you being wrong, and us both knowing it even if you can't admit it. ;)

Same old, same old...

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

You lost the title race, lost in votes...I don't even know what makes you think you're right when your team still can't compare to Chelsea at all since you can't win anything, just not in your dna...

Lodatz 6 years ago

I don't even know what makes you think you're right

Well, all the facts which agree with me, and which say that you are wrong. Go re-read this thread, if you want to understand, rather than constantly treading through the waters of petty distraction. :)

your team still can't compare to Chelsea at all

You're right. We're clearly better, so comparisons are pointless!

Lodatz 6 years ago

@tuan: See? Look at his antics here. He doesn't want to discuss anything, because he knows he's wrong. He just wants to insult my club. Can you tell him to stop, please?

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Which facts? Fact is Chelsea won the title twice in 4 years, Spurs didn't win anything, 27% voted for Spurs here, same as the amount of people that couldn't care less about the topic, that's how irrelevant you are.

No PL titles, less fans...I don't know what you're looking for.

Which facts?

These ones:

http://footyroom.com/forum/discussions/which-champion-would-you-rather-have-chelsea-or-tottenham-90173

:)

27% voted for Spurs here,

What a shame that vote wasn't over who is right between me and you in the discussion over which team is better right now. In that vote, people seem to be thumbs-upping my comments more than yours, so maybe you should reconsider your position...

• History
Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Chelsea won the title after this topic of "which champion would you rather have" where 43% voted in favor of Chelsea, 27% for Spurs, 27 % didn't care. So you were wrong, lost the title race, lost the votes...someone should close this topic you were the one that came back after a year of bitterness ;)

Chelsea won the title after this topic of "which champion would you rather have" where 43% voted in favor of Chelsea, 27% for Spurs, 27 % didn't care.

But that's not what we're talking about. :) We're talking about why they won the title, as I described to you a year ago, and in which I was entirely proved right.

So you were wrong,

No! I was absolutely right. That's why I keep pointing it out, with lots of detail. :)

you were the one that came back after a year of bitterness

I merely waited until the proof was inarguable. That's why you're not even trying to argue against it; you're trying instead to change the subject. Again.

Same old, same old. Silly Noldo.

• History

Chelsea won the title after this topic of "which champion would you rather have" where 43% voted in favor of Chelsea, 27% for Spurs, 27 % didn't care.

But that's not what we're talking about. :) We're talking about why they won the title, as I described to you a year ago, and in which I was entirely proved right.

So you were wrong,

No! I was absolutely right. That's why I keep pointing it out, with lots of detail. :)

you were the one that came back after a year of bitterness

I merely waited until the proof was inarguable. That's why you're not arguing against it; you're trying to change the subject.

Same old, same old. Silly Noldo.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

I have read, from the moment you said it. It is very personal and He doesnt decline or mention that. I dont jump into conclusion just because someone say something.

But I do have my thought, and Im watching it closely.

Although, I must say, please no more personal attack.

Discussion Closed