Who is better than who?
awais007 11 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

Iker vs Victor

I found this on fb which is really shocking stats

Comments
Golden 11 years ago Edited
35 693

I never liked these comparisons. Especially not when analyzing keepers. There are so many other different factors that play a huge part in this game. Also, how do we know the person who made this is credible?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I never liked these comparisons. Especially not when comparing keepers. There are so many other different factors that play a huge part in this game. Also, how do we know the person who made this is credible?

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

You can't keep a clean sheet without a great defense. Obviously, the defense and Barcelona's possession dominance has a lot to do with why Valdes concedes less. It doesn't do justice to how much better Casillas is compared to Valdes. If I use your logic, I could very well say Courtois is better than both of them because of the season he has had. And he didn't have a defense as good as Madrid's or Barcelona's.

nandaYNWA 11 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

One question, if valdes is "better" than Casillas, why is Casilas Spain's first choice gk?

man_utd 11 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

Hate these comparisons. Like nanda said, then why is Casillas chosen for the NATIONAL team.
Don't post these kind of stupid comparisons please. -.-

FredTilson 11 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

But Casillas is no longer first choice keeper for RM, so by that national team logic, he should be better than Lopez. There are other factors like politics etc. which also play a role in the NT selection. In case of Spain, they need to keep a a balance between Catalan and Non Catalan players etc.

tiki_taka 11 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

just tell me its a joke, if xavi were barça's keeper, he will have same valdes stats. he always complicate things for us, compare valdes with pinto. If we had cassillas in our squad we would have won more trophies....

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

1) Our defense used to be amazing, and now look at it.. last season we could barely keep a clean sheet becuase our defense failed and so we couldn't do anything...

2) Look at the games played!

tiki_taka 11 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Iraqi_Madridista 11 years ago
Real Madrid 33 1388

I think Valdes makes more mistakes and fails than Casillas , everyone knows that and thats the truth

TheGame 11 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

Valdes is an over-rated goalkeeper. I think Barca fans will be happy to replace him once his contract expires.

Tuanis 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

One is the best goalkeeper in the world and arguably one on the best in history, the other one is just a decent keeper who has never been best keeper in the world and couldn't get into the top 100 in history... If Valdez was better than Casillas why isn't he in the starting XI for Spain? No point of comparison between this two

johnnyface 11 years ago
Hartlepool, England 1 26

Oh. I hate these comparisons.

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

I think people are underrating Valdes in this thread. For all his mistakes and errors, he is still a great keeper with great positioning and distribution.

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

He's not better than Casillas that's for sure. Casillas is a club and country legend and captain.

His great statistics are because of Barcelona's defense. But, he is still a great goal keeper; however he's trolled so much because of the stupid mistakes he has made that people fail to realize that.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Please don't compare a legend like Casillas to a decent keeper like Valdes. Almost everyone on this forum will say that Saint Iker is better.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@tdot: Amen.