Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who will replace Wenger?
_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6880

I know there's already been a topic about Wenger quitting posted... but I would like to have a thread about his successors.

Who do you think will replace Wenger?

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@Pelle He is a clever girl. :P

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6880

lol and just saw amir_keals long list of coaches... Where's Emery :)

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@Pelle Its seriously wasn't even considered at first for the simple reason he still technically was PSG manager at the time (even though we know it wasn't for long). Also, I saw somewhere he wasn't even in the initial shortlist, its that crazy.

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

Emery has some lucky star, went to PSG because he was winning cups, now moved to Arsenal for league consistency.
Not a bad choice if you ask me, I still rate him high, remontada wasn’t his fault nor Neymar injury, nor rivalry between clans of PSG dressing room : Brazilians ( Thiago Silva - Marquinhos - Alves - Neymar ) Vs spanish South Americans ( Di Maria- Lo Celso - Pastore - Cavani ).
Situation at PSG was explosive Net Vs Cavani, Pastore and Di Maria wanting more playing time...

Some good points : Barca home last year, Bayern home, league consistency...

For these reasons I think he should have been harsh with top players, but the club was not helping him

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Good replacement but he will never win Arsenal EPL title.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@Marcus2011 Yeah, propably not at first at least, but finishing back in top 4 would already be an improvement on what they did in the 2 last year with Wenger.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Pelle

Lol, that was totally unexpected.

Emery seems to be someone who likes to research a lot. I heard he reads a lot of books about football philosophy. Personally, someone like Emery would do good with a 50 million budget. We seem close to getting Litchsteiner from Juve, and Sokratis from Dortmund. Funnily I was asking for Sokratis way before the rumours. I think overall we needs to get cheap gems. I heard that Mertens Jorginho and Koulibaly are for sale at around 30, 20 and 40 million respectively. If we didn't have Laca, I'd be wanting both Mertens and Koulibably. 40 million in today's market for Kouliabaly is a steal, we need him.

Unpopular opinion also, but I wanna see Arsenal go 3ATB in bigger games, we rarely used to win those under AW lately and when he started 3ATB we ended up winning the FA cup.

Hopefully he gets the best out of some players, and helps them to develop.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

if we get Lichtensteiner, Sokratis, Leno and CDM, I will be pretty optimistic.

amir_keal 6 years ago Edited

Nah, I don't really want Leno as GK. Overrated these last few seasons. If we were to get a GK from Germany, I'd much rather it to be Horn, but he's staying in Cologne. For now, I think we should keep Cech unless RM go get a Courtois/ De Gea. I'd honestly be open to get Keylor Navas.

As for CDM, I will happily take Fabinho. He was on the market last year, but I don't know now. I'd take him, if he is. I just don't want N'zonzi.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Nah, I don't really want Leno as GK. Overrated these last few seasons. If we were to get a GK from Germany, I'd much rather it to be Horn, but he's staying in Cologne. For now, I think we should keep Cech unless RM go get a Courtois/ De Gea. I'd honestly be open to get Keylor Navas.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@quikzyyy @amir Unless Sokratis want to leave, I don't expect BVB to let him go easily. :(

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I mean, if the Emery's budget is really €50M, I doubt he can do much with it, his main goal is to fill blanks in defence. Lichtensteiner is welcome addition for sure (also knowing he's gonna come for free, great deal), Sokratis is linked a lot but I can't tell will he come, if he does, I think that is €20M off the budget.

Leno is leaving but he is massively overrated compared to other German keepers, that's why Bayer already replaced him with Hradecky. I say look somewhere else, and hopefully collect money off some players that are leaving.

CDM and CB should be primary tasks, GK secondary.

In upcoming seasons Kroenke and Gazidis need to give higher budget for Emery, he is coach who knows what he wants and he won't flop with money and some trust.

amir_keal 6 years ago Edited

Emobot7

Contract ends next summer :) We can get him on the cheap hopefully.

As for CDM, I remembered David Luiz is on the market and available. Hopefully if Conte stays we are smart enough to grab him as a CDM. He would do a pretty good job there IMO. But I'd only do that if a deal on Fabinho fails. Not to mention he can play as a CB, kinda like Javi Martinez.

Edit: His contract also runs out June 2019! Please make me Arsenal board member, and let's get him!!!

• History

Emobot7

Contract ends next summer :) We can get him on the cheap hopefully.

As for CDM, I remembered David Luiz is on the market and available. Hopefully if Conte stays we are smart enough to grab him as a CDM. He would do a pretty good job there IMO. But I'd only do that if a deal on Fabinho fails. Not to mention he can play as a CB, kinda like Javi Martinez.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11429

@Amir Yeah, I only realized that this morning or yesterday, hope its work out, Arsenal need all the cheap reinforcement they can. :D

As for Luiz, it would be a great signing for sure but its gonna depend on a bunch of stuff. Also don't think Monaco would sell Fabinho too cheaply even if the player want to leave.

• History

@Amir Yeah, I only realized that this morning or yesterday, hope its work out, Arsenal need all the cheap reinforcement they can. :D As for Luiz, it would be a great signing for sure but its gonna depend on a bunch of stuff. Also don't think Monaco would sell Fabinho too cheaply even if the player want to leave.