Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Why does Buffon to PSG is actually very likely.
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So, I don't know if you guys heard, but the biggest rumours in France is Buffon to Paris Saint-Germain. For some people, this may sound stupid but for me, its starting to look very likely for a bunch of reason.

• First, Buffon didn't announce his retirement, so he must actually be in talk with another team to continue his career.
  • Second, PSG don't want to spend money this summer because of FFP, they already need to pay M'bappe. Buffon would come on a free.
  • Third, the wage PSG would be ready to give Buffon would be huge from what I heard, an offer so good it would be hard to refuse.
  • Four, Buffon and PSG are hunting the same thing, CL trophy.
  • Five, PSG is in terrible need of experience at the top level, which is something Buffon can definetly bring to the team. He can also teach a lot of things to the younger player. Even help to deal with Neymar.
  • Six, PSG still want to add prestigious player to their rank, player with reputation and great legacy. I cannot think of a more iconic goalkeeper than Gianluigi Buffon personally.

What do you guys think, does my reasoning sound right to you? Do you disagree with the rumours Buffon might join PSG? Leave your thought and comment below. ;)

Comments
Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I'm neutral, if he goes to PSG, okay, if he goes somewhere else, same. Just hoping that his legacy isn't ruined.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Agreed, that what matter the most to me.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

if I am areola, I am off elsewehere

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@baldgenius Go on loan to Napoli with an option to buy? Would seem like a good move especially considering Ancelotti reportedly want him.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Buffon has been on the decline which is expected given his age. He really doesn't bring much to PSG othat than status and could be a decent leader. I don't think PSG need him nor will he be an improvement to the team.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

He really doesn't bring much to PSG othat than status and could be a decent leader.

That actually exactly whay PSG want, big name player, prestigious and iconic name and player with experience which can lead the new generation. Don't forget that Buffon is also out of contract, which mean he is free. Very important point for PSG who are already in trouble with the FFP because of Neymar and M'Bappe.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

But what good would he do if he gets scored on when Areola would have saved it? Hes free but wages and sign on fee and generally much higher for players like that. So it's just throwing money into a problem they didn't have. Could have sought a midfield leader instead.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Raimondo For me, what PSG need the most is time to adapt, I agree they should target younger player who can still be formed to fit with their way of playing instead of going for older one. As for Buffon, its clearly with the idea to bring a leader in defense. Something that PSG have been lacking since Thiago Silva form has dropped. :( What PSG need the most for me though is a player to replace Thiago Motta, a world class defensive minded midfielder.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Just to add to what Emo said, Buffon could be signed for marketing reasons too. A big name like his can attract other half decent GK to join later on. Any young player would kill to get a chance to work with Buffon, no matter how much of a decline he's in. Smart business move from PSG if it were to happen

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Just to add to what Emo said, Buffon could be signed for marketing reasons too. A big name like his can attract other half decent GK to join later on. Any young players would kill to get a chance to work with Buffon, no matter how much of a decline he's in. Smart business move from PSG if it were to happen