Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Winter transfer window rumours!
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

So, its not yet time for the winter transfer window but its coming soon, so its a good time to share the rumours you hear! Let me start:

• Steven N'Zonzi who has confirmed having trouble with his manager since the game against Liverpool and is reportly looking to leave Sevilla as soon as possible. Arsenal, Everton and Juventus are all linked with the midfielder.

• Kepa Arrizabalaga, young goalkeeper from Atletic Bilbao could be Real Madrid first recruit of the winter transfer window and might either be close on hand or already done.

• Arda Turan would have moved to Turkey either to discuss a move there or to talk to his family about a possible move somewhere else.

• Iker Cassillas who has now lost his statut of starting player at Porto could very well leave the team soon and become a free agent.

Thought? Other rumours you heard about? Share! :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, its not yet time for the winter transfer window but its coming soon, so its a good time to share the rumours you hear! Let me start:

• Steven N'Zonzi who has confirmed having trouble with his manager since the game against Liverpool and is reportly looking to leave Sevilla as soon as possible. Arsenal, Everton and Juventus are all linked with the midfielder.

• Kepa Arrizabalaga, young goalkeeper from Atletic Bilbao could be Real Madrid first recruit of the winter transfer window and might either be close on hand or already done.

• Arda Turan would have moved to Turkey either to discuss a move there or to talk to his family about a possible move somewhere else.

• Iker Cassillas who has now lost his statut of starting player at Porto could very well leave the team soon and be a free agent.

Comments
SunFlash 6 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

Yeah, I've watched a decent amount of Larin.

His first two or so years he was excellent, a goal every two games. Something went must've gone wrong in Orlando last season though (they had a new coach, maybe that was it?) and he didn't play that well at all. Another major issue is that despite how good he's been in MLS, he hasn't played that well for the Canadian National Team.

As for his playstyle and whatnot, he is without a doubt one of the best finishers in North America. He's scored a few goals where he literally gets the ball at the top of the 18 and just non-chalantly hits it right into the top corner, it's stupid. Very rarely does he miss good chances. Which brings us to his problems/things he needs to work on. All of the "work" a striker is supposed to do, he barely does any of it. He's not great in the air, doesn't switch the play ever cause no vision, and only makes a run if he thinks he can score off the back of it. Forget tracking back. Forget holding the ball up. Passing the ball further than 10 yards isn't going to happen. He gets away with it cause he's so good at taking chances, but put a different striker in the scheme and they'll have like double the chances Larin would because he doesn't work for them. That being said, if one comes up, it's taken.

• History

Yeah, I've watched a decent amount of Larin.

His first two or so years he was excellent, a goal every two games. Something went must've gone wrong in Orlando last season though (they had a new coach, maybe that was it?) and he didn't play that well at all. Another major issue is that despite how good he's been in MLS, he hasn't played that well for the Canadian National Team.

As for his playstyle and whatnot, he is without a doubt one of the best finishers in North America. He's scored a few goals where he literally gets the ball at the top of the 18 and just non-nonchalantly hits it right into the top corner, it's stupid. Very rarely does he miss good chances. Which brings us to his problems/things he needs to work on. All of the "work" a striker is supposed to do, he barely does any of it. He's not great in the air, doesn't switch the play ever cause no vision, and only makes a run if he thinks he can score off the back of it. Forget tracking back. Forget holding the ball up. Passing the ball further than 10 yards isn't going to happen. He gets away with it cause he's so good at taking chances, but put a different striker in the scheme and they'll have like double the chances Larin would because he doesn't work for them. That being said, if one comes up, it's taken.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Emrecan More canadian is alway's good. Too bad I really hate Orlando City, otherwise I would a lot more hyped about this transfer. Hopefully, he suceed at Besiktas! By the way, what are you thought on Arda Turan move, I know how you feel about the man, so him joining the current top of the table team in Super Lig must touch you one way or another.

More paper talk from Skysports:

• Man Utd legend Ryan Giggs will find out in the next 24 hours if he is to become the new manager of Wales.

• Phil Neville is on the brink of being named the new England Women's boss. (John Terry is propably very jealous right now)

• Arsene Wenger has insisted he has no intention of leaving Arsenal this summer and will remain in charge until 2019.

• Antonio Conte has insisted the only way he'll leave Chelsea is if he's sacked.

• Sam Allardyce has urged Theo Walcott to pick Everton over a move back to Southampton.

• Arsene Wenger has finally admitted that Alexis Sanchez will not sign a new contract at Arsenal but believes Mesut Ozil will agree a new deal.

So yeah, as you can see, mostly managerial stuff. :( Seem like the most propable move atm would be Theo to Southampton or to Everton. Evans is also linked heavily with Arsenal and City.

Emrecan_58 6 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@SunFlash Thanks man. Really helpful.
@Emobot7 If you hate Orlando City you will love what's going on right now :D I still try to figure out but I am pretty sure we'll end up having him for free. Because if they go to FIFA for this FIFA always sided with the players in these kind of cases. And our president is smart when it comes to transfers and money.

About Arda; it's actually a good transfer for Başakşehir. It can touch me only in one way which is the his fee and wage. It will probably be paid by our taxes.

Also; I watched Everton today. Damn I felt sorry for Cenk, and me. I can't believe I will have to watch this team every damn week. It will be a pain in the ass.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Emrecan Well, to be fair, Everton was playing against an in form Tottenham team, but for sure, I really don't think they will be as good and as dominant in PL than Besiktas has been in Super Lig. However, Cenk played with a lot of energy and that was a sight to see in itself imo (sadly, no good chance at all for him). Hopefully, thing will go better for them especially against weaker team.

As for Larin leaving Orlando, I really hope it happen. Anything that can weaken them could give us more chance to qualify over them next season. :)

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Emre

You won't get him for free. His contract goes through 2019, the tidbit is that the last year of it is an option year, which is the club's, not the player's. A few years ago something like this happened with a dude named Camilo from Vancouver in MLS, and ever since then MLS clubs have made players sign a "document of understanding" that said year is assuming to be picked up in a transfer situation. It is my understanding that Larin signed this document.

What's actually happening as far as I am aware is that Besiktas is trying to lower his price by making Orlando go through an extended transfer saga + unhappy player + legal fees if they don't accept an offer lower than what would otherwise be offered. Way to represent good business practices, and at the same time be totally amoral f*ckwits. Can't say this reflects well on Besiktas, and will certainly erode any future business they do on this continent.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash To be fair, I doubt Besiktas will target a lot of player for the MLS in the immediate future. :P

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So, I got some rumours from some of my sources, now take it with a grain of salt but its exclusive info that Sanchez is about to join United in deal that could see Henrik Mkhitharyan going to Arsenal. Now, it could be a fake but I think it would make sense. Mkhi isn't really counted on that much at United anymore and Arsenal could be his chance at proving his time in England wasn't a flop in the end. Beside, he could get a more central role if Ozil really did leave in the summer.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Lassana Diarra to PSG. Likely to happen, very weird though imo.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

The potential full price is totally mental..T

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

To be fair, if I were Sanchez and had no attachment to either side, I'd need more financial incentive to move to United than City right now. City look fantastic, and while United are good, they aren't that good. Add in managerial familiarity and that's that.

Although part of me feels like we're doing this just to meme City. While Sanchez would be cool and all, I can't help but think that we don't NEED him and are just trying to prevent City from becoming even stronger.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Sunflash I don't know but I feel like money might actually be what Sanchez is after, don't get me wrong, he is a great player but that deluxe doghouse isn't gonna build itself after all! enter image description here

• History

@Sunflash I don't know but I feel like money might actually be what Sanchez is after, don't get me wrong, he is a great player but that deluxe doghouse isn't gonna build itself after allenter image description here.

@Sunflash I don't know but I feel like money might actually be what Sanchez is after, don't get me wrong, he is a great player but that deluxe doghouse isn't gonna build itself after allenter image description here.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Sanchez comes from poor upbringing in country that doesn't provide a lot of opportunities, therefore shaming the man to choose money is unfair. Arsenal are too gready to pay one of the top players in the world what he deserves.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Arsenal are too gready to pay one of the top players in the world what he deserves.

Does Alexis really deserve 350k/week with his whiny attitude? Lmao, take him and give him that salary if you want him.

Marcus2011 6 years ago

No, we have Hazard and no one gets paid higher than him. We don't need Sanchez and you need him more now to maintain position at the mid table. ;))

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

almost as greedy as arsenal :)

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus No shame in choosing money when you are a football player. However, the way he have been acting in his last season with Arsenal wasn't the classiest if we are sincere. :( It was frustrating for both him and the fan at the very least.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Theo Walcott to Everton is done deal!

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I wouldn’t mind paying 250-300k on Sanchez tbh.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@amir Tell that to Wenger, not to us. :P

Marcus2011 6 years ago

Alexis Sanchez has agreed a four-and-a-half-year contract worth £14million after tax to join Manchester United.

And Sanchez is now just waiting to find out if Henrikh Mkhitaryan will agree a switch in the other direction to Arsenal, which would trigger his move to Old Trafford.

Sanchez’s lucrative contract means United’s deal to sign the forward is worth over £60m once his £30m value, agents’ fee, worth more than £10m, and signing on fee are taken into consideration.