Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Wolverhampton back in PL?
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

So its official, Wolverhamtpon are back in the PL as champion of the English second division. Kinda glad as I alway liked them (for stupid reason mind you) but still, it could actually be bigger news than just another championship team being promoted. The wolves have the backing of Fosun International (an huge chinese conglomerate) and of Jorge Mendes (he has part in Fosun) which could mean the club could have both the ressource and the experience needed to become a serious contender in PL in the short future. Thought? Expectation of them in the PL and in the near future?

Comments
SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Stay up for a year, don't get all the players poached (i.e. Neves), and get a midtable finish then maybe we can talk about this.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Sunflash Mate, what make you think they won't poach other team players instead of losing theirs. :P I know people don't seem to believe me but I expect those guy to have some decent ressource. Their owner certainly have the potential to inject more than enough money if they want to (and if they can, I wish I know more about the regulation regarding owner and the money they can invest in the club) to make the club revelant. Obviously, If they are smart, they might try to get some of the key player from the relegated team of this season. I am also pretty sure their relation with Jorge Mendes will help them get some talented youngster on loan so yeah, I'm expecting them at least to stay up next season and reach a midtable finish after that. :)

Edit: I realize I'm getting a bit too much exciting about them, it propably mean their first season in the PL is gonna be a dissapointement. Cause that what happen to every team I end up getting excited about. :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Sunflash Dude, what make you think they won't poach other team players instead of losing theirs. :P I know people don't seem to believe me but I expect those guy to have some decent ressource. Their owner certainly have the potential to inject more than enough money if they want to (and if they can, I wish I know more about the regulation regarding owner and the money they can invest in the club). Obviously, If they are smart, they might try to get some of the key player from the relegated team of this season. I am also pretty sure their relation with Jorge Mendes will help them get some talented youngster on loan.

@Sunflash Dude, what make you think they won't poach other team players instead of losing theirs. :P I know people don't seem to believe me but I expect those guy to have some decent ressource. Their owner certainly have the potential to inject more than enough money if they want to (and if they can, I wish I know more about the regulation regarding owner and the money they can invest in the club) to make the club revelant. Obviously, If they are smart, they might try to get some of the key player from the relegated team of this season. I am also pretty sure their relation with Jorge Mendes will help them get some talented youngster on loan.

@Sunflash Mate, what make you think they won't poach other team players instead of losing theirs. :P I know people don't seem to believe me but I expect those guy to have some decent ressource. Their owner certainly have the potential to inject more than enough money if they want to (and if they can, I wish I know more about the regulation regarding owner and the money they can invest in the club) to make the club revelant. Obviously, If they are smart, they might try to get some of the key player from the relegated team of this season. I am also pretty sure their relation with Jorge Mendes will help them get some talented youngster on loan so yeah, I'm expecting them at least to stay up next season and reach a midtable finish after that. :)

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

refreshing teams are always good. teams like bournemouth shows that you don't have to play boring football, even if you are a small club. don't know much about wolves, but I am rooting for aston villa and fulham, these 2 teams have been gone for years. I wonder when can portsmouth make it back to epl.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I always liked Nuno and it was a shame he left Valencia. He had a great season at Wolves but PL will be tougher than Championship. Surviving relegation will be their original goal, perhaps even make a decent run and end up mid table. Gotta see how the market plays out for multiple teams.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@baldgenius Fulham, yes, they have been gone for a long time but Aston Villa was in PL only 2 year ago. Then again, I also hope they get promoted, if only so Terry can accomplish one last goal before he retire. Haven't watch much from the Wolves but I hope you are right and that they play good and refreshing football!

@raimondo Yeah, but I really think Wolves got their chance as long as they have a decent transfer window in the summer. They already got a good fondation and next season will be the real test. Hope they survive the first year and Nuno stay at the time for a while, look like a decent manager. :)

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

They have smart owner who wants to invest and he does it well, Neves, Jota, Bonatini are all familiar names and I heard they had great seasons in Championship, Neves could easily play in PL since he's obviously class above anyone else in that league.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Hey guys, just found this news: enter link description here. Its about Wolves link with Jorge Mendes and how it will face scrutiny from the Premier League. Not really good news for them. :(

@Croatian Yeah, like I said, with the support of Jorge Mendes, they seem to be able to target really good player, especially Portuguese and Brazilian one.

KTBFFHSWE 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

The top championship teams are good this year. Wolves, Fulham, Villa, Boro, Millwall, Derby are all in the top..

Wolves, Cardiff and and Fulham to be promoted?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@KTBFFHSWE Thats my prediction as well mate, by the way, its good to see you, your dropping far too little on the forum nowaday! Still wouldn't mind seeing Aston Villa back in the Premier League, if only for John Terry to manage to get them back up, that would be one last heroic from him. :)

KTBFFHSWE 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Hey emo, good to see you. Haven't got much freetime nowadays.. But I still watch PLENTY of championship games., and I write quite a couple of betting tips on Championship here: https://bettingstugan.se/ryggareken

If you want to earn some money ;)

VAMOSBenfica 6 years ago
15 183

Definitely expecting big things from them if they can keep their best players - Neves, Jota, Cavaleiro, Boly, Douglas. Nuno is a brilliant coach who will suit the style of the Premier League very well, grinding out results in tight matches while dominating lower-quality sides.

Especially Ruben Neves, just a word on him, as he will easily become one of the biggest names in Europe in the next years if he keeps this level (youngest ever captain in CL). Head and shoulders above everyone else in the Championship. The manager of Wolves' last opponent said it best: "What is Neves doing in the Championship? Why isn't he a routine starter for one of the top five teams in Europe?" Incredible player.

Madridista11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Rai If I recall correctly, Nuno had a great first year with you guys. What the hell went wrong?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@KTB If I ever start betting, you can be sure I'll use those tip. You're one of the best when it come to prediction mate! :D

@Madridista Yeah, I'm curious as well. :(

@Vamos I knew Ruben Neves was a good player but I didn't expect him to be that good, I hope Wolves manage to keep him and end up being a competetive side in the future. :D

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

The only thing I remember about Wolverhampton from the PL is their bright orange kits :)

Hoping that Fulham and Villa also come up but it seems unlikely.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Eden17 Well, maybe at least one of them, they might even play in the final of the play-off against each other! :)

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Along with them it looks like it's Cardiff or Fulham going up directly, the coach of Fulham is the same one that got Watford into the PL some seasons ago. In the playoffs it's super hard to predict.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Golazo Agreed, it can go any way because those championship team don't have enough difference in quality to have a clear winner.

NovaRuk 5 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

What is up with Wolves logo by FR? XD

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@NovaRuk Good question, for a while, I thought it was an older logo but after checking it up, its not it. enter image description here