Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

World Class players right now
amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Alright guys, this thread will talk about world class players from each team, you can leave your list or challenge my ones.

Real Madrid: Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric, Bale, Kroos, Benzema, Marcelo, Carvajal, Casemiro
Barcelona: Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets, Rakitic, Coutinho, Alba
Bayern: Neuer, Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Vidal, Boateng, Thiago, Hummels, Alaba, Rodriguez
PSG: Neymar, Cavani, Di Maria, Verrati
Atletico Madrid: Griezmann, Godin, Koke, Oblak, Costa
Juventus: Buffon, Chiellini, Higuain, Dybala, Sandro
Manchester United: De Gea, Pogba, Sanchez
Manchester City: Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne
Chelsea: Hazard, Courtois, Azpillicueta, Kante, Fàbregas
Dortmund: Reus
Arsenal: Ozil, Aubameyang
Milan: Bonucci
Napoli: Hamsik, Mertens
Tottenham: Eriksen, Kane, Lloris
Inter: Icardi
Liverpool: Salah, Firmino
Comment if you believe anyone is a WORLD CLASS proven player, or someone that I have simply forgotten. Let's discuss!

Also I've tried to judge this through ability rather than form. Muller for example didn't have the best of years last season under CA, but under a different manager or system, I personally believe he would get a massive fear factor.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Alright guys, this thread will talk about world class players from each team, you can leave your list or challenge my ones.

Real Madrid: Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric, Bale, Kroos, Benzema, Marcelo
Barcelona: Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets, Pique
Bayern: Neuer, Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Vidal, Boateng, Thiago
PSG: Neymar, Cavani, Silva, Di Maria, Verrati
Atletico Madrid: Griezmann, Godin, Koke
Juventus: Buffon, Chiellini, Higuain
Manchester United: Ibrahimovic, De Gea
Chelsea: Hazard, Costa
Dortmund: Aubameyang, Reus
Arsenal: Sanchez, Ozil

Comment if you believe anyone is a WORLD CLASS proven player, or someone that I have simply forgotten. Let's discuss!

Also I've tried to judge this through ability rather than form. Muller for example didn't have the best of years last season under CA, but under a different manager or system, I personally believe he would get a massive fear factor.

Chelsea: Hazard, Costa, Courtois

Barcelona: Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets, Pique, Mascherano
Bayern: Neuer, Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Vidal, Boateng, Thiago, Hummels

Bayern: Neuer, Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Vidal, Boateng, Thiago, Hummels
Atletico Madrid: Griezmann, Godin, Koke, Oblak

Real Madrid: Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric, Bale, Kroos, Benzema, Marcelo, Carvajal
Bayern: Neuer, Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Vidal, Boateng, Thiago, Hummels, Alaba
Napoli: Hamsik

Real Madrid: Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric, Bale, Kroos, Benzema, Marcelo, Carvajal, Casemiro
Barcelona: Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets, Pique, Mascherano, Rakitic
Bayern: Neuer, Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Vidal, Boateng, Thiago, Hummels, Alaba, Rodriguez
Juventus: Buffon, Chiellini, Higuain, Dybala
Manchester United: Ibrahimovic, De Gea, Pogba
Chelsea: Hazard, Costa, Courtois, Azpillicueta, Kante
Napoli: Hamsik

Chelsea: Hazard, Costa, Courtois, Azpillicueta, Kante

Chelsea: Hazard, Courtois, Azpillicueta, Kante

Barcelona: Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets, Pique, Rakitic
PSG: Neymar, Cavani, Di Maria, Verrati
Manchester United: De Gea, Pogba, Sanchez
Dortmund: Reus
Arsenal: Ozil, Aubameyang

Comments
amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

quikzyyy

I don't see him as a constantly reliable CB. Sometimes, he does very bad decisions and it's not like it's only once or twice. For sure he is top class like many others but idk about world class. Maybe I'll add him after a few more suggestions.

Croatian

Mascherano probably doesn't show the same ability as he does for Argentina like Barcelona, but trust me he is very good for Argentina. I wasn't so sure about putting him at first since he wasn't as good for Barcelona, but I had quite a few suggestions + the positive factors in his International game.

I've added Hamsik and Alaba and Carvajal to the list.

Golazo111

I think it's very difficult to give to say Willian is world class. There's quite a few players in the PL who is better than Willian.

Also, I guess this makes the EPL kinda overrated when it comes to truly competing to the top, but from my list Bayern Munich has 9 world class players. The entire EPL has 10. I guess because of the lack of world class players in the EPL they don't reach so far in Europe.

Also, you look at the biggest rivalry in both La Liga and EPL. In El Clasico, you can expect most players on the field to be world class proven players, but in the Manchester derby, perhaps no more than 7. Willian is certianly better than Rashford and Martial, but also not world class.

• History

quikzyyy

I don't see him as a constantly reliable CB. Sometimes, he does very bad decisions and it's not like it's only once or twice. For sure he is top class like many others but idk about world class. Maybe I'll add him after a few more suggestions.

Croatian

Mascherano probably doesn't show the same ability as he does for Argentina like Barcelona, but trust me he is very good for Argentina. I wasn't so sure about putting him at first since he wasn't as good for Barcelona, but I had quite a few suggestions + the positive factors in his International game.

I've added Hamsik and Alaba and Carvajal to the list.

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Maybe you're overrating Bayern then? I mean the whole topic is about world class players right now but you can only think about Ibrahimovic from United that is probably not even going to play 10 games this season, do you really think that they are only good because of DeGea?
Muller, Boateng, Vidal have been slacking for a while, Pique as well, many say the same about Buffon, and Chielini specially now that Bonucci is not there, pretty much alot of the players you accept as World Class are based on performances from 3-5 years ago...Look how easy you put Suarez as World class when he has been a shadow of his own shadow what did he do recently to confirm he is still world class?

If David Luiz and Willian are not world class then why are they champions of the league and play for Brazil that qualified first to the World Cup?
Why is Lacazzete not in the list he scored the most goals in Ligue 1 out of all players in the past 4 years in total and he in first season in Arsenal in 4 games has 2 goals, season before that 28 goals in 30 league games and he can't make this list?

Its easy to list whole Real Madrid squad, it's hard to actually judge a player for his ability and notice how good he is...Willian and David Luiz have shown that they can do alot of things on the pitch.

• History

Maybe you're overrating Bayern then? I mean the whole topic is about world class players right now but you can only think about Ibrahimovic from United that is probably not even going to play 10 games this season, do you really think that they are only good because of DeGea?
Muller, Boateng, Vidal have been slacking for a while, Pique as well, many say the same about Buffon, and Chielini specially now that Bonucci is not there, pretty much alot of the players you accept as World Class are based on performances from 3-5 years ago...

If David Luiz and Willian are not world class then why are they champions of the league and play for Brazil that qualified first to the World Cup?
Why is Lacazzete not in the list he scored the most goals in Ligue 1 out of all players in the past 4 years in total and he in first season in Arsenal in 4 games has 2 goals, season before that 28 goals in 30 league games and he can't make this list?

Its easy to list whole Real Madrid squad, it's hard to actually judge a player for his ability and notice how good he is...Willian and David Luiz have shown that they can do alot of things on the pitch.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

The players who were world class last year or have a famous name doesn't mean that they're still world class.

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

@amir

As for Lloris, he sure does have a good record, but then again, it's much easier to keep a clean sheet for a team like Tottenham than a like Brighton for instance.

Yea sure, but the same can be said for other gks like Buffon, De Gea, Courtois, etc. The goalkeeper position is honestly tricky to gauge in quality because if you have a comedy show for a defense then it's going to make you look bad because you will concede a lot of goals as consequence of getting more shots on goal.

Lloris is to me top class, but not world class yet.

So more or less where would you draw the line between a top class player and a world class player? Cause I think that's causing a lot of confusion atm.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

How is Azpilicueta not world class.

F6330QE 7 years ago
PSMS, Indonesia 1 48

Hmm it's to hard to choose who is the best player. But I think the best player are they who play with heart for their team, It just not because for the fee but also for their passion.

nigelpayne 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 15 484

i wouldn't take away any of your list but would add:

pogba
isco
falcao
rodriguez

• History

i wouldn't take away any of your list but would add:

pogba
isco
falcao

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

@Golazo,

Muller, Boateng, Vidal have been slacking for a while

Muller wasn't played at his CF role whole 16/17, primarily used as winger or playmaker which isn't his fit. He still was second highest assister in Bundesliga after Forsberg despite not being starter. You maybe can claim Muller isn't worldclass in one single ability except positioning, but his tactical importance and workrate is amongst best in world. Let's not talk about how smart he is as player.

Boateng has been injured for a while now, you can't claim player isn't good just because of injuries. He has been one of best players against Anderlecht and same could be said when talking about match vs Mainz. He simply is worldclass CB and any team in the world would want him.

Kante has been praised to heavens because of his 15/16 and 16/17, Vidal has been doing it for years on higher level (CL), Vidal didn't have a single drop in form and also is Chile's standard best player with Alexis. You could've putted Alaba as example but Vidal, no way about that.

many say the same about Buffon, and Chielini specially now that Bonucci is not there

Chiellini is best raw defender in the world. Bonucci is often overrated because of his passing/shooting/tactical abilities but Chiellini was world's top for so long.

Look how easy you put Suarez as World class when he has been a shadow of his own shadow what did he do recently to confirm he is still world class?

Agree that he has been in bit of decline in his dribbling and spacial abilities (can probably attribute to Messi's new role, I guess) but Suarez not worldclass? He is on his day still best striker with Lewa. He had 35+ goals last season, I know he isn't same Liverpool or MSN Suarez but he is still worldclass.

@Eden, if anyone from Chelsea deserves worldclass spot, I'd take Azpi right after Hazard. He is better than most defenders in the list tbh.

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

...Vidal didn't have a single drop in form and also is Chile's standard best player with Alexis.

I don't agree with that, he is a worldclass player but that judgement is most likely not based on the "right now" part of this thread, making it stupid to auto-include some players but to not even consider others.

Vidal scored an own goal in one game and was subbed out in the last game, both of those games Chile lost and are maybe not even going to the World Cup, news of the "right now" part and last few games for Bayern he was also subbed for Rudy and last season he got a red card vs Real for a brainless tackle and also missed a penalty, he also missed a penalty for Chile as well before that in Copa America, Vidal did have alot of drops LOL he basically made the life of fans and teammates on the "deal with it" level more than once...

Maybe there should be a real criteria written down on a new thread which would help other players to be considered as World class as well.

• History

...Vidal didn't have a single drop in form and also is Chile's standard best player with Alexis.

I don't agree with that, he is a worldclass player but that judgement is most likely not based on the "right now" part of this thread, making it stupid to auto-include some players but to not even consider others.

Vidal scored an own goal in one game and was subbed out in the last game, both of those games Chile lost and are maybe not even going to the World Cup, news of the "right now" part and last few games for Bayern he was also subbed for Rudy and last season he got a red card vs Real for a brainless tackle and also missed a penalty, he also missed a penalty for Chile as well before that in Copa America.

Maybe there should be a real criteria written down on a new thread which would help other players to be considered as World class as well.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Dynast

Willian world-class? In what world, mate?

It hurt me to say it, but in the same world Keylor Navas is world class. I mean, he isn't a bad keeper but to say there isn't 3 or 4 better keeper out there in the world (Neuer, Courtois, Oblak and De Gea for example), its a bit exagerated don't you think?

Here some suggestion to add to the list:
Arsenal: Koscielny
Barcelona: Rakitic (not as good as Modric I concur but still class)
Chelsea: Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Kante (won best player in england over Hazard)
PSG: M'bappe
Totteham: Eriksen, Kane, Alli, Loris and potentially Son.
Milan: Calhanoglu
City: Walker, Gabriel Jesus
Juventus: Dybala
Real Madrid: Casemiro (this guy is on par with Kante imo)

• History

@Dynast

Willian world-class? In what world, mate?

It hurt me to say it, but in the same world Keylor Navas is world class. I mean, he isn't a bad keeper but to say there isn't 3 or 4 better keeper out there in the world (Neuer, Courtois, Oblak and De Gea for example), its a bit exagerated don't you think?

Here some suggestion to add to the list:
Arsenal: Koscielny
Barcelona: Rakitic (not as good as Modric I concur but still class)
Chelsea: Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Kante (won best player in england over Hazard)
PSG: M'bappe
Totteham: Eriksen, Kane, Alli, Loris and potentially Son.
Milan: Calhanoglu
City: Walker, Gabriel Jesus
Juventus: Dybala
Real Madrid: Casemiro (this guy is on par with Kanto imo)

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

@emo son is definitely not world class. He is good but shouldn't really be here...

If he were on the list then you would have to include pretty much all the attacking players in the top 6 of EPL!

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Erikson is probably the most underrated midfielder, what a player!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@nigel You are right mate, sorry about that, biased opinion from me I agree, I just love the little guy. XD

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Chile's national team is mainly composed of older/experienced players, right now those players aren't in best shape and the turn of generations will take a lot of time. You can't blame it on Vidal, he was their leader for years and aswell best player they can rely on (with Alexis). He was also one of main figures in their run to Confederations Cup finals. Tackle against Madrid is too harsh decision knowing Casemiro had two similiar tackles that game and ended with only yellow card.

He doesn't have drops in form, he is our most consistent player aside from Hummels/Lewa/Kimmich in both Bundesliga and UCL.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Croatian The man was overworked recently, he even scored one of the best header I seen in a while... only it was in his own goal... Goes to show he need some time off for me. But I still think he is propably the best Chilean player out here.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@Amir, no Dybala on your list? is he still a flop XD

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Golefty To be fair, if you only look at international performance, then he sure look like a flop to me but then again, every Argentina player other than Messi and potentially Di Maria have looked like flop recently. :P

SunFlash 7 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

I'm trying to stay out of this thread, as I've made my opinions on this topic clear - but I would like to add something to this:

Kaylor Navas is a really interesting case study. Here is a player who IS NOT on the level of other world-class goalkeepers (not even close imo) and yet starts game-in, game-out for one of the best sides ever fielded. How is that possible? Obviously I don't have some mindblowing answer, but it does speak to two things: a) the sheer lack of talent at the upper echelon at the goalkeeping position, and b) how good the rest of the Real side is.

Comparing and contrasting, when Navas plays with Costa Rica, he's easily the best player on the team, maybe the best in CONCAAF. It would be easy to call him world-class. Put him on a team of actual world-class players? The difference in skill level becomes very apparent.

By the way, the reason I consider Navas to not be world-class is Real's numerous attempts to replace him. If Real themselves don't consider him good enough, why should we?

This is why I'm very wary of calling players world-class until they've proven themselves head and shoulders above with a top club. Someone like Willian doesn't even come close to fulfilling that requirement, seeings as he can't even start more than a handful of games a season.

• History

I'm trying to stay out of this thread, as I've made my opinions on this topic clear - but I would like to add something to this:

Kaylor Navas is a really interesting case study. Here is a player who IS NOT on the level of other world-class goalkeepers (not even close imo) and yet starts game-in, game-out for one of the best sides ever fielded. How is that possible? Obviously I don't have some mindblowing answer, but it does speak to two things: a) the sheer lack of talent at the upper echelon at the goalkeeping position, and b) how good the rest of the Real side is.

Comparing and contrasting, when Navas plays with Costa Rica, he's easily the best player on the team, maybe the best in CONCAAF. It would be easy to call him world-class. Put him on a team of actual world-class players? The difference in skill level becomes very apparent.

By the way, the reason I consider Navas to not be world-class is Real's numerous attempts to replace him. If Real themselves don't consider him good enough, why should we?

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

You guys are ridiculous claiming that Willian is world-class. Absolutely nowhere near the top quality of the remaining of the world's attacking-midfielders.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Willian is not world-class, and neither is Keylor Navas. Both are nowhere near the top.