Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

World Class players right now
amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Alright guys, this thread will talk about world class players from each team, you can leave your list or challenge my ones.

Real Madrid: Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric, Bale, Kroos, Benzema, Marcelo, Carvajal, Casemiro
Barcelona: Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets, Rakitic, Coutinho, Alba
Bayern: Neuer, Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Vidal, Boateng, Thiago, Hummels, Alaba, Rodriguez
PSG: Neymar, Cavani, Di Maria, Verrati
Atletico Madrid: Griezmann, Godin, Koke, Oblak, Costa
Juventus: Buffon, Chiellini, Higuain, Dybala, Sandro
Manchester United: De Gea, Pogba, Sanchez
Manchester City: Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne
Chelsea: Hazard, Courtois, Azpillicueta, Kante, Fàbregas
Dortmund: Reus
Arsenal: Ozil, Aubameyang
Milan: Bonucci
Napoli: Hamsik, Mertens
Tottenham: Eriksen, Kane, Lloris
Inter: Icardi
Liverpool: Salah, Firmino
Comment if you believe anyone is a WORLD CLASS proven player, or someone that I have simply forgotten. Let's discuss!

Also I've tried to judge this through ability rather than form. Muller for example didn't have the best of years last season under CA, but under a different manager or system, I personally believe he would get a massive fear factor.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Alright guys, this thread will talk about world class players from each team, you can leave your list or challenge my ones.

Real Madrid: Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric, Bale, Kroos, Benzema, Marcelo
Barcelona: Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets, Pique
Bayern: Neuer, Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Vidal, Boateng, Thiago
PSG: Neymar, Cavani, Silva, Di Maria, Verrati
Atletico Madrid: Griezmann, Godin, Koke
Juventus: Buffon, Chiellini, Higuain
Manchester United: Ibrahimovic, De Gea
Chelsea: Hazard, Costa
Dortmund: Aubameyang, Reus
Arsenal: Sanchez, Ozil

Comment if you believe anyone is a WORLD CLASS proven player, or someone that I have simply forgotten. Let's discuss!

Also I've tried to judge this through ability rather than form. Muller for example didn't have the best of years last season under CA, but under a different manager or system, I personally believe he would get a massive fear factor.

Chelsea: Hazard, Costa, Courtois

Barcelona: Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets, Pique, Mascherano
Bayern: Neuer, Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Vidal, Boateng, Thiago, Hummels

Bayern: Neuer, Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Vidal, Boateng, Thiago, Hummels
Atletico Madrid: Griezmann, Godin, Koke, Oblak

Real Madrid: Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric, Bale, Kroos, Benzema, Marcelo, Carvajal
Bayern: Neuer, Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Vidal, Boateng, Thiago, Hummels, Alaba
Napoli: Hamsik

Real Madrid: Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric, Bale, Kroos, Benzema, Marcelo, Carvajal, Casemiro
Barcelona: Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets, Pique, Mascherano, Rakitic
Bayern: Neuer, Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Vidal, Boateng, Thiago, Hummels, Alaba, Rodriguez
Juventus: Buffon, Chiellini, Higuain, Dybala
Manchester United: Ibrahimovic, De Gea, Pogba
Chelsea: Hazard, Costa, Courtois, Azpillicueta, Kante
Napoli: Hamsik

Chelsea: Hazard, Costa, Courtois, Azpillicueta, Kante

Chelsea: Hazard, Courtois, Azpillicueta, Kante

Barcelona: Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets, Pique, Rakitic
PSG: Neymar, Cavani, Di Maria, Verrati
Manchester United: De Gea, Pogba, Sanchez
Dortmund: Reus
Arsenal: Ozil, Aubameyang

Comments
amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

People need to stop complaining ffs. Don’t agree with someone? Fine, then talk footy.

Another thread ruined. Well done lads. Real great.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

@amir ikr so annoying how people get so intent on pressing their own opinions.

@golazo @sun no one really cares what your criteria are...if you want to express that then make a thread about it but this one is for people to suggest who should be in the list without expressing the criteria they personally used to come to this conclusion...with 8 billion people in this world your're never gonna get everyone using the same criteria...everyone is welcome to use the criteria they deem most appropriate...trying to make everyone use the same criteria would be like trying to make everyone have the same religion...ridiculous right?

Wolfie 7 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Inter: Handanovic, Perisic, Icardi

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@nigel I don't have a criteria but I'm asking about it, that's different and it's not rocket science people can agree that there is a line from being a good player and world class, the thing that's missing is a more clear guideline...

A few people said that Willian isn't world class, OK the majority can agree then, if we were to vote for each player would that be enough? But then even if we put it down to vote for each player we still don't have any standard we simply go with a personal opinion every time, if we had some things to consider about before we voted that would really help, it would make a difference even if you don't change your opinion at least some would have given it an extra thought.

Tell me is Lukaku world class? He scores alot, he plays for one of the top teams in the world and for his national team as well, is that enough? What else does he need to be considered world class?

I suggested David Luiz. What does he lack to be in the list? How much worse are his qualities compared to someone like Mascherano?
Leadership?
He can drag the ball and score and fire free kicks thats amazing but where was his leadership when Thiago Silva couldn't play vs Germany?
Consistency?
You can count on him but sometimes he makes stupid tackles and even gets a red card, is that too much?

This is all I ask, some criteria to go with and to be able to see why, that's not asking for one global religion or world peace, as long as we can talk about the subject. If nobody really cares then there is no point ofc...

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Well, of course this list is flawed because at the end of the day, the user making it has to keep interest in it and keep updating it, but of course, he will have his own opinion about it all as well.

Anyway, I second Golazo proposition of David Luiz, also like the proposition of voting for player before adding them to the list, who's down for that?

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I suggested David Luiz. What does he lack to be in the list?

Consistent defending without making stupid mistakes?

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy I disagree but putted +1 by mistake. XD But seriously, even if it was really the case, we should propably remove Pique and Maschereno from the main list.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

If you watched david luiz since he came back from psg then you would know that he has been a beast! And has been consistent.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Pique makes a lot less mistakes than his recent reputation may suggest. Mascherano isn't even a proper CB. I don't understand your logic, Emo.

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

I think the hype around hairstyles alone are a good enough indicator of a world class player, if they dye their hair blond and no one can shut up a bout it? defo world class m8

end of discussion

• History

I think hype hairstyles alone are to be a good enough indicator of a world class player, if they die theyre hair blond and no one can shut up a bout it? defo world class m8

end of discussion

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Oh Amir, i think perhaps Sokratis and mertens should be added to the list, any objections?

Pupper 7 years ago
Juventus 0 214

Nainggolan?

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynast Wow, didn't expect you of all people to defend those two. Not that I completely disagree, but would you say David Luiz is inferior to those two by an huge margin? Not me, I do believe they all are pretty much of the same level at the very least. But tell me if you disagree. Its all opinion here after all. :)

@Golefty enter image description here

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Emo

You seriously need to watch more football if you think error-prone David Luiz is on the same level as Gerard Pique. Conte does well to hide Luiz's stupidity with his defensive system.

Mascherano as a DM with Liverpool was exceptional. His tackling is absolutely superb. He's still got it, but just isn't played as a DM anymore.

• History

@Emo

You seriously need to watch more football if you think error-prone David Luiz is on the same level as Gerard Pique. Conte does well to hide Luiz's stupidity with his defensive system.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Mascherano as a DM with Liverpool was exceptional. His tackling is absolutely superb. He's still got it, but just isn't played as a DM anymore.

Your're talking about something that was so many years ago and honestly he in Liverpool had maybe 1 good season LOL

From wikipedia:

Mascherano had the worst disciplinary record of the 2009–10 Premier League season with seven yellow cards and two red.

David Luiz makes mistakes but he can also score goals and drag the ball and score from free kicks and those qualities Mascherano never had he is a typical ball chaser.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Add Morata to that list

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Because scoring from free-kicks is an attribute necessary for a center-back to be considered world-class. Absolutely spot-on analysis.

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Because scoring from free-kicks is an attribute necessary for a center-back to be considered world-class. Absolutely spot-on analysis.

It's a quality that makes him stand out so if he can score in many ways maybe that can override his weaknesses, that also makes a better player, he isn't one-dimentional.

• History

It's a quality that makes him stand out so if he can score in many ways maybe that can override his weaknesses, that also makes a player better, he isn't one-dimentional.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Funny how people who watch 1 chelsea game a year say david luiz makes errors lol i have yet to see luiz make a defensive error and i watch every chelsea game. Hate when people judge and lie when they don’t have any clue.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian I don't know man, if we were talking about PSG David Luiz, I would agree and maybe its really only Conte, but from what I seen, David Luiz is indeed a very good CB. I love to agree with you Dynast you know I do, but I don't think we will be able to on this. Anyway, I wouldn't look down on a defender that can score goal, its basically one of the reason you won La Liga last season. So yeah, being able to score goal does make a difference even for them. Been a while though since David Luiz has scored so I guess thats not such a strong argument at this point.

@Chelsea8 Chelsea seem to be underrated despite their stellar performance last season, hopefully, them being in CL and doing good in it will set the record straight. ;)