Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

World Class players right now
amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Alright guys, this thread will talk about world class players from each team, you can leave your list or challenge my ones.

Real Madrid: Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric, Bale, Kroos, Benzema, Marcelo, Carvajal, Casemiro
Barcelona: Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets, Rakitic, Coutinho, Alba
Bayern: Neuer, Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Vidal, Boateng, Thiago, Hummels, Alaba, Rodriguez
PSG: Neymar, Cavani, Di Maria, Verrati
Atletico Madrid: Griezmann, Godin, Koke, Oblak, Costa
Juventus: Buffon, Chiellini, Higuain, Dybala, Sandro
Manchester United: De Gea, Pogba, Sanchez
Manchester City: Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne
Chelsea: Hazard, Courtois, Azpillicueta, Kante, Fàbregas
Dortmund: Reus
Arsenal: Ozil, Aubameyang
Milan: Bonucci
Napoli: Hamsik, Mertens
Tottenham: Eriksen, Kane, Lloris
Inter: Icardi
Liverpool: Salah, Firmino
Comment if you believe anyone is a WORLD CLASS proven player, or someone that I have simply forgotten. Let's discuss!

Also I've tried to judge this through ability rather than form. Muller for example didn't have the best of years last season under CA, but under a different manager or system, I personally believe he would get a massive fear factor.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Alright guys, this thread will talk about world class players from each team, you can leave your list or challenge my ones.

Real Madrid: Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric, Bale, Kroos, Benzema, Marcelo
Barcelona: Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets, Pique
Bayern: Neuer, Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Vidal, Boateng, Thiago
PSG: Neymar, Cavani, Silva, Di Maria, Verrati
Atletico Madrid: Griezmann, Godin, Koke
Juventus: Buffon, Chiellini, Higuain
Manchester United: Ibrahimovic, De Gea
Chelsea: Hazard, Costa
Dortmund: Aubameyang, Reus
Arsenal: Sanchez, Ozil

Comment if you believe anyone is a WORLD CLASS proven player, or someone that I have simply forgotten. Let's discuss!

Also I've tried to judge this through ability rather than form. Muller for example didn't have the best of years last season under CA, but under a different manager or system, I personally believe he would get a massive fear factor.

Chelsea: Hazard, Costa, Courtois

Barcelona: Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets, Pique, Mascherano
Bayern: Neuer, Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Vidal, Boateng, Thiago, Hummels

Bayern: Neuer, Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Vidal, Boateng, Thiago, Hummels
Atletico Madrid: Griezmann, Godin, Koke, Oblak

Real Madrid: Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric, Bale, Kroos, Benzema, Marcelo, Carvajal
Bayern: Neuer, Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Vidal, Boateng, Thiago, Hummels, Alaba
Napoli: Hamsik

Real Madrid: Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric, Bale, Kroos, Benzema, Marcelo, Carvajal, Casemiro
Barcelona: Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets, Pique, Mascherano, Rakitic
Bayern: Neuer, Lewandowski, Muller, Robben, Vidal, Boateng, Thiago, Hummels, Alaba, Rodriguez
Juventus: Buffon, Chiellini, Higuain, Dybala
Manchester United: Ibrahimovic, De Gea, Pogba
Chelsea: Hazard, Costa, Courtois, Azpillicueta, Kante
Napoli: Hamsik

Chelsea: Hazard, Costa, Courtois, Azpillicueta, Kante

Chelsea: Hazard, Courtois, Azpillicueta, Kante

Barcelona: Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets, Pique, Rakitic
PSG: Neymar, Cavani, Di Maria, Verrati
Manchester United: De Gea, Pogba, Sanchez
Dortmund: Reus
Arsenal: Ozil, Aubameyang

Comments
chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@emo hopefully, but im worried about contes record in the champions league.
Hope he does better than in the past.

amir_keal 7 years ago

Pupper

I've added Sandro to the list, I'll wait for a few more suggestions on the others. Also sorry for missing your first comment, it happened to slide in the argument and I didn't see it.

Wolfie

I've added Icardi, I'll wait for a few more suggestions on the others.

Emobot7

Smart idea, I'll change it up if people want that.

Golazo111

You can have a criteria but the problem with that is that it can be very flawed. For example if we take the criteria of top 5 players of a position = world class, the problem with that is that the quality of a winger is higher than a fullback. For example, 5 top attacking left sided wingers would include Ronaldo,Sanchez, Neymar, Hazard and Reus. There are more left sided wingers that are very good. However, if you look at RB, who play against the left, the top 5 would perhaps include Carvajal, Juanfran, Alves, Lichesteiner and Walker. See the different in quality? Especially when there are more insane left sided players, like Coutinho and Ribery for example.

Golefty

I've added Mertens to the list. As I've said to others, I'll wait for a few more suggestions on Sokratis.

Eden17Hazard17

I'll add him after a few suggestions.

amir_keal 7 years ago

By the way, and I did say this in the intro, but if you believe someone on the list is not world class, you can leave a comment of which player/s. That's why I usually like to get a few recommendations before I add someone to the list.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@amir I never supported that idea, in fact I spent some time being vocal about it not even being a real criteria at all so NP.
You can have a simple set of questions like I wrote about some pages back but that can be hard to come up with because different people might think different questions are relevant, it has to be both specific and wide ranged questions and that's not easy to do, I think it's maybe too hard to implement.

If you're interested there can be a special FootyRoom rating system like fifa or fm use to rank players so maybe you can think about that as a criteria, in the end of the day it's your thread so you can choose how developed you want this to go.

Emo posted a voting about if we want to have a voting poll for players and decide if that player is world class-worthy but the majority didn't want that option.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I also want to suggest Fernandinho to the list, it might not work (again) but I see him as a key player for City for a long time.

amir_keal 6 years ago

Any updates?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Salah I guess? I mean, he is so good right now. M'bappe also maybe? He clearly proved he wasn't a one season wonder by now. And Son have been really good for Tottenham. But that might just be me cause I really like him. ;)

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

While you guys are obviously free to go at it, this is not a discussion which I feel I have anything to contribute beyond what I already have done.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash This comment is hiding something. Not like you to comment to say you have nothing to add. You better spill the bean. :P

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

There's about 3 pages in this thread worth of beans. I'm not a 15 year old girl who doesn't say what they mean.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Fabregas? I rate him alongside the likes of Thiago, Ozil, Eriksen, but I might be biased idk...

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Relax, I was kidding you. ;P

amir_keal 6 years ago

Emobot7

I’ll wait after a few more suggestions. Salah is a little weird one for now, and considering Coutinho is also not there id rather wait on a few suggestions.

Eden17Hazard17

Added to the list

Also little question. Is Thiago Silva and Mascherano still world class?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Also little question. Is Thiago Silva and Mascherano still world class?

Thats actually a pretty good question. Personally, I'd propably say no especially to Mascherano but I haven't watched enough of them lately.

amir_keal 6 years ago

Any updates? Let's start with a question, how many of the Liverpool attackers deserve to be on the list?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@amir Firmino and Salah are propably the only two who deserve to be nominated here.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Alba is world class, Pique is not. I would switch Coutinho instead of Rakitic.

amir_keal 6 years ago Edited

Emobot7

Added :)

tiki_taka

Taken out Pique and added Coutinho and Alba, will wait on a few more suggestions to take out Rakitic.

Edit: I think I'll add a poll for some players now, will update for 5 or 10 votes per player.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Emobot7

tiki_taka

Taken out Pique and added Coutinho and Alba, will wait on a few more suggestions to take out Rakitic.

Emobot7

tiki_taka

Edit: I think I'll add a poll for some players now, will update for 5 votes per player.

amir_keal 6 years ago

Isco

amir_keal 6 years ago

Douglas Costa