World Cup 2018 Draw
Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

enter image description here

Thoughts? Opinions? Who passes?

Comments
Gennady 6 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Well.. knowing Russia, I'd say we should easily beat Saudi Arabia but Egypt & Uruguay are not gonna be easy.

Looking forward to Portugal vs Spain. Ordering my tickets for that match on the 5th of December :)

Anyway:

Group A: Uruguay; Russia
Group B: Spain; Portugal
Group C: France; Denmark
Group D: Argentina; Croatia
Group E: Brazil; Serbia
Group F: Germany; Mexico
Group G: Belgium; England
Group H: Colombia; Japan

Cristianoo 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 53

A: 1. Russia 2. Uruguay
B: 1. Portugal 2. Spain
C: 1. France 2. Denmark
D: 1. Argentina 2. Croatia
E: 1. Brazil 2. Switzerland
F: 1. Germany 2. Sweden
G: 1. England 2. Belgium
H: 1. Poland 2. Colombia

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago Edited
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

A: 1. Uruguay 2. Russia
B: 1. Spain 2. Portugal
C: 1. France 2. Peru
D: 1. Argentina 2. Nigeria
F: 1. Germany 2. South Korea
H: 1. Colombia 2. Poland

Group H is the most evenly matched. Most exciting group in my opinion. Group F isn't the group of death. Germany will obviously go through. Sweden barely made it, eliminating the weakest and most disorganized Italy side I've ever seen. South Korea will go through. They're are tactically sound and Son is a superstar. Argentina actually have a difficult group. Nigeria has always given argentina trouble. they beat us and if we do beat them, it is with an extreme amount of effort. They are just physically overpowering. Croatia will dominate the midfield. It'll be argentine forwards vs croatian midfield. i guess we'll see if having class strikers outweighs midfield......i''m hoping it does....and iceland, they've had a good campaign and an established starting 11, something argentina doesn't have. i feel they will surprise us all. their style of play is fast and i'm hoping they play an open game. argentina can adapt to any style of play. but once a team opens up against argentina, they're done for. getting a goal against argentina is really tough as well, that's why at the WC, we always end up with a 1-0 win. but as we've seen, legendary teams usually go through. 1 legend can change the game. iceland doesn't have that. hopefully they won't crumble under pressure. experience is what matters at the WC.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Group H is the most evenly matched. Most exciting group in my opinion. Group F isn't the group of death. Germany will obviously go through. Sweden barely made it, eliminating the weakest and most disorganized Italy side I've ever seen. South Korea will go through. They're are tactically sound and Son is a superstar. Argentina actually have a difficult group. Nigeria has always given argentina trouble. they beat us and if we do beat them, it is with an extreme amount of effort. They are just physically overpowering. Croatia will dominate the midfield. It'll be argentina forwards vs croatian midfield. i guess we'll see if having class strikers outweighs midfield......i''m hoping it does....and iceland, they've had a good campaign and an established starting 11, something argentina doesn't. i feel they will surprise us all. but as we've seen, legendary teams usually go through. 1 legend can change the game. iceland doesn't have that. hopefully they won't crumble under pressure. experience is what matters at the WC.

Group H is the most evenly matched. Most exciting group in my opinion. Group F isn't the group of death. Germany will obviously go through. Sweden barely made it, eliminating the weakest and most disorganized Italy side I've ever seen. South Korea will go through. They're are tactically sound and Son is a superstar. Argentina actually have a difficult group. Nigeria has always given argentina trouble. they beat us and if we do beat them, it is with an extreme amount of effort. They are just physically overpowering. Croatia will dominate the midfield. It'll be argentine forwards vs croatian midfield. i guess we'll see if having class strikers outweighs midfield......i''m hoping it does....and iceland, they've had a good campaign and an established starting 11, something argentina doesn't have. i feel they will surprise us all. but as we've seen, legendary teams usually go through. 1 legend can change the game. iceland doesn't have that. hopefully they won't crumble under pressure. experience is what matters at the WC.

Group H is the most evenly matched. Most exciting group in my opinion. Group F isn't the group of death. Germany will obviously go through. Sweden barely made it, eliminating the weakest and most disorganized Italy side I've ever seen. South Korea will go through. They're are tactically sound and Son is a superstar. Argentina actually have a difficult group. Nigeria has always given argentina trouble. they beat us and if we do beat them, it is with an extreme amount of effort. They are just physically overpowering. Croatia will dominate the midfield. It'll be argentine forwards vs croatian midfield. i guess we'll see if having class strikers outweighs midfield......i''m hoping it does....and iceland, they've had a good campaign and an established starting 11, something argentina doesn't have. i feel they will surprise us all. their style of play is fast and i'm hoping they play an open game. argentina can adapt to any style of play. but once a team opens up against argentina, they're done for. getting a goal against argentina is really tough as well, that's why at the WC, we always end up with a 1-0 win. but as we've seen, legendary teams usually go through. 1 legend can change the game. iceland doesn't have that. hopefully they won't crumble under pressure. experience is what matters at the WC.

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Argentina might have a tough time. England have NO excuses for not getting out of group stages.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

A: Russia, Egypt
B: Spain, Portugal
C: France, Australia
D: Argentina, Nigeria
E: Brazil, Switzerland
F: Germany Mexico
G: Belgium, England
H: Colombia, Poland

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Group F isn't the group of death. Germany will obviously go through. Sweden barely made it, eliminating the weakest and most disorganized Italy side I've ever seen. South Korea will go through. They're are tactically sound and Son is a superstar.

Based on both history and recent performance, I think you're slighting Mexico considerably there.

Group E looks really tough. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of those teams advance (although I think Serbia may be a bit older now). There's always one team no one expects to make it through. If I had to guess based on draw alone, Egypt or Australia seem the probable candidates for that. As for the one big team that always goes down, I'm going to go with one of Uruguay or Argentina. Those are both pretty nasty groups.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

A: Uruguay, Egypt
C: France, Denmark
D: Argentina, Croatia
F: Germany, Sweden
H: Colombia, Poland

The groups are so meh, expected at least one really though though group.

Tuanis 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 86 2310

well f*ck...

btw, we need to do a separate prediction thread like we did for last WC with the whole tournament being sorted. Im already starting to get so hyped about it!

A: Uruguay, Russia
D: Croatia, Argentina
E: Brazil, Serbia
G: England, Belgium
H: Poland, Colombia

Group Cs 2nd place can be anyone really..
Group D can be a real struggle for Argentina, and I wouldn't be surprised if they en up 2nd or having a hard time going through. Croatia, Nigeria and Iceland can be a real threat for them.

• History

well f*ck...

well f*ck...

btw, we need to do a separate prediction thread like we did for last WC with the whole tournament being sorted. Im already starting to get so hyped about it!

well f*ck...

D: Croatia, Argentina
E: Brazil, Serbia
G: England, Belgium
H: Polan, Colombia

Group Cs 2nd place can be anyone really..
Group D can be a real struggle for Argentina, and I wouldn't be surprised if they en up 2nd or having a hard time going through. Croatia, Nigeria and Iceland can be a real threat for them.

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago

History of failure. Once they exit their little bubble (concacaf), they crumble. always have, always will. great chance for lozano to get more exposure, that's about about it. Chile is miles ahead of mexico. i'd rather see all 10 south american nations at the WC and none of the concacaf nations.

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago

@quikzyyy group H though. honestly any of the 4 could go through.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

D: Argentina, Croatia
F: Germany, Mexico
H: Poland, Colombia

Almost same as @quikzyyy, although suprises will defo happen. Anyone going except @Gennady?

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

History of failure. Once they exit their little bubble (concacaf), they crumble. always have, always will. great chance for lozano to get more exposure, that's about about it. Chile is miles ahead of mexico. i'd rather see all 10 south american nations at the WC and none of the concacaf nations.

You do know that Mexico has made it out of the group for the last 40 years right?

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

GROUP I:

CHILE 🇨🇱
HOLLAND 🇳🇱
ITALY 🇮🇹
USA 🇺🇸

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago Edited

they can make it out of the group all they want. they ain't winning anything. you remember the teams that win trophies, not the teams that "made it out of the group for the last 40 years "

• History

they make can make it out of the group all they want. they ain't winning anything.

they can make it out of the group all they want. they ain't winning anything.

they can make it out of the group all they want. they ain't winning anything. you remember the teams that win, not the teams that "made it out of the group for the last 40 years "

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago

i also think everyone is overestimating croatia. they are always super weak at WCs.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

A: 1. Russia 2. Uruguay
D: 1. Croatia 2. Argentina
F: 1. Germany 2. Mexico
G: 1. Belgium 2. England
H: 1. Poland 2. Colombia

@Gonzi +1 for the nice explanation, but mainly for having Peru as 2nd of group C :p

Pupper 6 years ago
Juventus 0 214

Group A: Uruguay, Russia
Group B: Spain, Portugal
Group C: France, Peru
Group D: Argentina, Croatia
Group E: Brazil, Switzerland
Group F: Germany, Mexico
Group G: Belgium, England
Group H: Colombia, Polen

Nothing extraordinary these groups..

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

@quikzyy: it's the group of DEATH: 🇺🇸🇳🇱🇨🇱🇮🇹

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

What the hell, I've been active on the forum for the last weeks and suddenly someone get more reply to all of my thread in less than 3 hour. XD

But joking aside, I had no idea that the draw already came out, thanks for the share Croatian my man, you did good there. :D

Also, nice to see Gonzi out of his hiding spot for once, been too long since he was active on the forum, cheer! :D

Here are my prediction:
Group A: 1. Russia 2. Uruguay
Group B: 1. Spain 2. Portugal (tough it could very easily be the other way around)
Group C: 1. France 2. Peru
Group D: 1. Iceland 2. Argentina (controversial prediction but I'll stand by them for the time being)
Group E: 1. Brazil 2. Switzerland
Group F: 1. Germany 2. Mexico (Sweden could also beat Mexico to second spot, will be interesting to see who come on top)
Group G: 1. Belgium 2. England (and hopefully, Panama in fourth :P)
Group H: 1. Colombia 2. Poland

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@quikzyyy @pelle Lol, hopefully, they really do make that international tournament, it would be great.

BTW Group E and C second spot could be quite interesting, most open group for second spot imo. And its weird karma that Mexico whose fan praised Sweden for eliminating Netherland before WC will now have them as biggest rival for a second spot finish. :P