Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

World Cup 2018 Talks
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

So, I thought I would make a thread were we will discuss ongoing event and results between team in the World Cup.

Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first goal wasn't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game imo. Also, it seem to me like Saudi Arabia are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

Round of 16:
enter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, I thought I would make a thread were we will discuss ongoing event and resutls between team in the World Cup. Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first goal weren't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game. Also, it seem to me like Saudi are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

So, I thought I would make a thread were we will discuss ongoing event and results between team in the World Cup.

Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first 2 goal weren't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game imo. Also, it seem to me like Saudi are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first 2 goal weren't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game imo. Also, it seem to me like Saudi Arabia are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first goal wasn't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game imo. Also, it seem to me like Saudi Arabia are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

Qualified for Knockout Round:

• Russia
  • Uruguay
  • France
  • Croatia

Eliminated before Knockout Round:

• Egypt
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Morocco
  • Peru
Comments
quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

doubt they would want to play Brazil instead of Serbia/Switzerland.. But no matter the Mexico result, Germany failed so badly, they deserved this.

1998 France won 2002 out of group

2006 Italy won 2010 out of group

2010 Spain won 2014 out of group

2014 Germany won 2018 out of group

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

@quikzyy gotta love that conspiracy theory.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Well that was shitty from Germany.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I'm telling you lads, it's the mentality that affects these previous winners. The hungers no longer there for the Germans after working so hard winning it beforehand. They needed a rest, and this was perfect for them.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

@Golazo, I read somewhere he can go to Asian Games or something so he may not go to the service... I think atleast.

538 11426

Can't believe I didn't actually took the time to check the game and how they were going this morning (first day back home as well so I could have for once). Incredible! Would have never expected Germany not to get out of their group like that. As quikzyy said, we knew there is a tendency for the previous champ to underperform but I didn't expect that from Germany. What a shock. :U

• History

Can't believe I didn't actually took the time to check the game and how they were going this morning (first day back home as well so I could have for once). Incredible! Would have never expected Germany not to make it out of their group. As quikzyy said, we knew there is a tendency for the previous champ to underperform but I didn't expect that from Germany. What a shock. :U

538 11426

Can we agree the people saying England lost on purpose against Belgium are kinda in the wrong? Belgium vs England actually was only about resting both team starting eleven. :( I thought it would have been a great game. Still, that Januzaj goal was pretty damn good.

Gotta say I also kind of feel bad for Senegal, felt like they would have deserve a spot for the knockout round. The irony of Japan qualifying through fairplay even though they ended up stalling for the last 15 min of the game against Poland instead of going for the win or the draw.

• History

Can we agree the people saying England lost on purpose against Belgium are kinda in the wrong? Belgium vs England actually was only about resting both team starting eleven. :( I thought it would have been a great game. Still, that Januzaj goal was pretty damn good.

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Literally agree with everything u just said emo. I don't know where all this England hate is coming from - Belgium made even more changes and their manager said the win wasn't a priority! end of the day there wasn't much riding on the game, so both teams rested key players and tried to avoid suspensions. All we can say from that is Belgium have a marginally stronger bench, and not much more. this match was always going to be about the individuals trying to prove their worth to the managers, and for this reason no-one was going to play deliberately to get a loss.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

It comes with a heavy heart when I say that we all have to wait a week for the Ro16 matches to commence :'(

EDIT: Wait, nvm. It's happening in 2 days.

• History

It comes with a heavy when I say that we all have to wait a week for the Ro16 matches to commence :'(

It comes with a heavy heart when I say that we all have to wait a week for the Ro16 matches to commence :'(

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@iHEART Lol, you got me worried for minute there. XD

@legends16 Agreed. :)

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

This curse can be explained partially by bad transition, removing World Cup winners from NT is pretty complicated for coaches to take such a decision. A World Cup winning team has usually 30yo experienced players on their peak. 4 years later it’s an eternity in football. France of 2002 were aging, Pires, Petit and co couldn’t perform anymore, ZIdane was injured... and these nations all failed in first game surprisedly to a lower caliber nation which turned overconfidence into big doubts...
Italy and Spain faced same problem, Germany couldn’t escape from it, they passed and passed without any intensity, Left Leroy Sane home and paired unmotivated midlefield in Ozil-Kroos. They played without a 9 and Werner wasn’t adapted, Muller was disastrous like his season and they lacked Sane profile player on the wings who play more direct football.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@tiki Make sense, it take experience to win World Cup after all so it make sense there is a transition to be made 4 year later. If not done right, which is propably pretty hard most of the time, there is no doubt the favorite can get eliminated rather quickly.

shobian 6 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan U18 0 1

Hey all, can someone suggest me a good VPN to stream France vs Argentina fixture today? Since I have a new profile and not allowed to share links here. I would mention the websites like vpnranks this website is recommending a few vpn's but the issue is I am confused which one to go for.
Can someone please recommend me one?

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

France's game plan is so crap lol. Blast the ball to giroud or mbappe and hope for the best. If we were a little more organized and had a real formation/tactic we could be winning this.

That Didn't Maria goal was a banger, breathed some life into the team. Finally does something good.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I knew Mbappe was fast, but not that fast. By far the best young player in the world.

raimondo90

Still hate Di Maria? Or did he get a bit more respect in general.

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

France pemalty was outsidd of box. And twice argentina was denied a penatly.

3 doubtful situations, ref never ised var. Stupid ref

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Amir, Mbappe made our backline look like amateurs. Not only speed but also gifted technically and has power to hold his own.
Di María has always been this way and thats why he's still selected. I don't rate him at all because he does 9 bad and 1 amazing play. He was the same way last world cup. Did nothing till he scored the winner vs Switzerland I think.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Guys Argentina has no game plan since the start of WC, any Organized team would sink them. Even at 2-1 it was clear they can’t hold a result. Sad for Messi he had to reinvent himself but in 2018 individuals won’t stand a chance Vs collective awareness. Maradona wouldn’t do more Vs anti Messi tactics...
this is Mbappe year allez les bleus !

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Messi imo should have played in midlefield with Lo Celso and Enzo Perez, Aguero-Dybala-Di Maria up front, and pray that weak defense would « Hodor «  ( hold the door :p ).
Everything was a mess for them sad for our Legend.
Goal live, assist from Messi.