{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

World's Best Striker?
KhaledAzizJr 8 years ago
Manchester United, Italy 40 610

Your thoughts?

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

Crazy how thing change in 2 year. Benzema propably doesn't deserve to be on those list anymore. Nowaday, if I had to make a list, it would propably be like this:

1. Kane
  2. Lewandoski
  3. Cavani
  4. Icardi
  5. Immobile

Not really sure for the two last but one thing for sure, they do score goals. As for the like of Suarez, Aubameyang, Griezmann and the rest of the striker playing in England, I just feel they have been too wasteful to make it on the list. What are your thought guys?

Edit: I didn't put M'bappe in that list because he mostly play as a winger nowaday.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Crazy how thing change in 2 year. Benzema propably doesn't deserve to be on those list anymore. Nowaday, if I had to make a list, it would propably be like this:

1. Kane
  2. Lewandoski
  3. Cavani
  4. Icardi
  5. Immobile

Not really sure for the two last but one thing for sure, they do score goals. As for the like of Suarez, Aubameyang, Griezmann and the rest of the striker playing in England, I just feel they have been too wasteful to make it on the list. What are your thought guys?

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323
  • Tier 1: Lewandowski, Suarez, Cavani, Kane.
  • Tier 2: Higuain, Aguero, Icardi, Aubameyang, Griezmann.
  • Tier 3: Costa, Lacazette, Lukaku, Immobile.
  • Tier 4: Dzeko, Falcao, Morata, Jonas, Werner.
  • Tier 5: Aduriz, Balotelli, Jesus, Dost.

Just note if I forgot someone, this is also mainly by player quality and not form (hence reason I didn't put Morata in tier 3, I think Morata needs work on his finishing, overall he has good header, link-up play and even dribbling - Lacazette is overall bit better though IMO, because his finishing is great and his runs are fantastic, he could do much better in club other than Arsenal).

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Croatian I once again mostly agree with you. That actually a very good way of rating the current best striker. By the way, I was wondering where you would put Benzema and Firmino on that list? Oh and since you put both Sporting and Benfica main striker, why not put Aboubakar?

• History

@Crotian I once again mostly agree with you. That actually a very good way of rating the current best striker. By the way, I was wondering where you would put Benzema and Firmino on that list?

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Messi and Salah since they don't even play as a real striker but put in goals left and right :D

If I don't count them I would say you can count on Kane and Firmino to never miss a good chance.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Golazo Those two are propably the most prolific winger in the world at the moment, thats for sure. But yeah, they don't really play as striker. Maybe we should make a best winger in the world thread?

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211
  1. Kane
  2. Lewandowski
  3. Suarez
  4. Aubamayang
  5. Aguero
  6. Costa
  7. Lukaku
quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

what is Costa doing in that list?

Drbutterface 6 years ago Edited
Roma, Italy 2 522
  1. Salah
  2. Kane
  3. Immobile
  4. Suarez
  5. Lewandowsky
  6. [sample text]
  7. NOT Benzema
  • History
  1. Suarez
  2. Lewandowsky
  3. Keane
  1. Kane
  2. Salah
  3. Immobile
  4. Suarez
  5. Lewandowsky
  6. [sample text]
OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

Just because costa fell out with conte and left the Prem in a discgrace doesnt make him a bad striker... his finishing is still nest to none!! would love him back at chelsea any day!!

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Remember when cost was scoring every single match at chelsea in his first season?!

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

@Emo, tbh Benzema's recent form and all around Madrid has really put him down in most opinions. In form he can still be one of dangerous strikers, considering his link-up and build-up is fantastic but right now tier 5 is IMO his place... if he restores soon they yes, he can be tier 4 or 3, but there are midfielders outscoring him and he was average at most all season (if not shitty).

Firmino is completely different situation, but I wouldn't include him in striker list... he's false 9 but he exhanges quite regularly with Mane and Salah so he plays even as winger during matches, however better player for Benzema for sure right now, and if I had to pick I'd put him in tier 4 or even 3. I'm sure Liverpool fans would rather keep Firmino than Mane, and we know that Mane is beast.

Aboubakar is great and could do job for even better teams than Porto, but Jonas is literally Benfica's best player by far (if we ever had to use those words), he aged really well along with Aduriz of course. Dost is also fantastic, great header and doesn't care which opponent he plays against, he had more goals than games in 2017 I think. TL;DR - general opinion of people watching a lot of Liga NOS is that Jonas and Dost are best strikers in the league, and bit below them Aboubakar.

It'd be cool if you make threads like this for fullbacks, defenders, midfielders and wingers.

@quik, it'd be really controversial to put Costa out of list.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Croatian Good idea, I think I will, I'll even try to make it into a tier list like you did.