Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Zlatan vs MLS
Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Americans got mad about Zlatans comments on MLS which are nothing further from the truth then they compared also Zlatan to Carlos Vela and then Zlatan scored amazing hat trick to shut them . However, even if he didn’t score how anyone in the right mind who understands football compare Zlatan to Vela. SendVela now to Europe and he will flop like a fish. Send Zlatan and he will be at his 37 scoring goals, taking leadership and uplifting team with winning mentality in crucial matches.

Comments
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

I disagree with some of the thing you said but I agree American shouldn't be angry about what he said cause, sadly, its the truth. Also, comparing the like of Zlatan and Vela is stupid if only because they have 7 year between them. A lot of player would already have retired at Zlatan age and he keep on playing better than many player who are in their prime, just for that, I think people should be more respectful of him. I mean, the way he is getting his message across isn't the nicest, but when was Zlatan ever known to be considerate and kind in front of the camera? I mean, people who actually know something about football shouldn't get offended by that.

Greatone 5 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

they're mad at him because of his disrespectful but truthful comments but they aren't considering how he should be mad at them for disrespectfully comparing him to vela

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

SendVela now to Europe and he will flop like a fish. Send Zlatan and he will be at his 37 scoring goals, taking leadership and uplifting team with winning mentality in crucial matches.

Agreed!

Well this is not the first time Zlatan threw something at the football nation, but it's mostly agreeable. He's just brutal, an ass, and direct :D

Tuanis 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Really good points made by the american pundits. Zlatan let this quote slip almost completely unprovoked. If he was a true leader of a player he would never look down or talk trash about his teammates and would instead carry the team and make each teammate better with his experience and talent.

Vela wasn't that bad in europe anyways, but he decided to go easy on his career and be the best player in the MLS. Zlatan is obviously better in terms of his career and the MLS is obviously nowhere near other elite european leagues so what Zlatan said was a bit redundant and unnecessary but then again... that is just how he is.

I feel like Americans are just mad at his arrogance, not the fact that he said the MLS was not that good.

DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Zlatan is not as good as he thinks he is, but better than most give him credit for. His personality is polarizing and his confidence is often mistaken for arrogance. (Yes there is arrogance as well)

Personally, I think he is a fantastic player. I have always enjoyed how direct he is and I think he intends to be more humorous and playful than brutally honest.

Todays society is way to soft and thin skinned. We take things so personal and get offended so easy. It is not always about you, it is not always a hidden agenda, and you are not always right!

One thing I would love to see or hear, is from his teammates. How is he as a teammate? Is he a complete a&$ and just impossible to play with, or is he just so driven to be the best he can be, and expect that of those around him as well?

I can play with someone who pushes themselves and looks to push me. I can't play with those who are never at fault and wont do anything unless its exactly how they like it. Talent does not excuse laziness!

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 5 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

Well lets be honest Vela and Zlatan are pretty different kinds of player. Vela is smaller in height, more technical with his dribbling and passing, quicker and has a less physical style of play, whereas Zlatan is a beast kind of player who uses his physical strength and agility, height, jumping ability and powerful shooting to succeed. So comparing them is very difficult in my opinion. However if you put Vela into a European league i do not agree that he will flop like a fish. Hes a very similar player to the likes of Marhez or Stirling or even Salah, and so you don't have to be powerful like Zlatan to compete in Europe. You just have to compare Vela to a player of a similar style in Europe to asses his worth.

TBGames123 5 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Singapore 0 1

People see this as a problem, i see this as an opportunity.

people loves this kinds of rivalry, Vela, Zlatan and Rooney is three of the best player in MLS right now and since LAFC and LA Galaxy is rival, it make sense to promote a rivalry between Vela and Zlatan.

US Sports fans love this type of trash talking, i hope Vela talks back and make this fun.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@TBgames

I agree with you. It is alright to spice it up a bit. Look so many fans suddenly paid attention and googled Vela like “who the fck is that guy ?” and many million other fans googled “wtf is MLS?”. All thanks to Zlatan who walks The walk and talks the talk.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@onceblue

I hear you. However, Zlatan is the type of player who will play for big club like United or Real and do well but Vela won’t even see the light of reserves tunnel.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@darthfooty

Didn’t you see how they hug him like he is their daddy? They love him there. Those players are all young and watched him play in their teenage years. I would hug Zlatan everytime I have a chance and even would make up stupid excuse to do that.

Zlatan honestly best thing that happened to MLS and La Galaxy since Beckham.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@tuanis

Ironically, Americans are mad at arrogant player hahaha Zlatan came to America and proved to Americans that they haven’t seen charismatic and arrogant man like him since Muhammad Ali days hahaha

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

zlatan can't handle the fact someone compared Vela to him, lmao. his trashtalk and repeated jokes are not even funny anymore.

Vela said himself he doesn't even care about football and he would rather play basketball. it's just a job for him, living the dream life in LA.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Really? Vela as basketball player or basketball - ball?

Zlatan is still original though and he never has changed. He doesn’t talk stupid stuff and often very charismatic person to interview. This is entertainment. Are you not entertained quikzy?

enter image description here

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

no i'm not entertained by him off the pitch, sorry to disappoint you mate :D

SunFlash 5 years ago
USA 19 3260

Ironically I kind of liked Zlatan until he played for United and I actually saw his antics week in week out. It's funny in small doses but gets very annoying when you have to put up with it all time, especially because he inevitably will say something that you disagree with, and that's harder to deal with when he plays for your side.

MLS does not have many stories, but it does have some solid ones, and Zlatan waving his ego around takes away from all the others. That is a disservice towards the league imo, not a strength.

Trevorthebig 5 years ago
LA Galaxy 2 8

Well that was Zlatan being Zlatan and TBH you can't ignore his dedication to be the best football player, as other commentators noted, some would've retired in his age and he still keeps on going and even improving. However, I live in Europe at the moment and from football fans here I don't meet many who would be so called fanboys (I consider myself a big fan of Zlatan) of his career because of many acts of verbal abuse he puts out to other players. I was really sad to see he didn't participate in world championship and I really have doubts about his shape after few years, but I get the point, he doesn't want for the ball not to arrive or arrive too soon, he wants to score and to win, and I'm 99% sure, even Sweden did great, they could've done better with him on the team.