Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Areola, is he good enough?
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So with the rumours of PSG getting a new GK, there were also talk that they might chose to keep Areola and put their faith in him instead of moving for a player like Courtois or Oblak. But here is my question, do you think Areola is good enough as a keeper for a club like PSG who got their huge ambition of winning in Europe? Do you think he will be in the future?

Comments
Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I think he's pretty decent goalkeeper with potential to be near world-class, but PSG always aims to replace already good players, I think they need CB and DM first. My impression is that their defence is their biggest problem, maybe @Pelle can tell more about that, because anytime I watch them there is space left behind Alves and they concede often - even to really average teams (same problem in Bayern).

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

good enough I guess, the problem with today is that keeper that is trusted at young age like valdes and casillas is rare. and the fact that if the club would trusted him at the first place.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

He is more than good enough and there are very little possibilities to find an improvement. Maybe Oblak or De Gea, they have enough cash to splash but I think Areola has done pretty well.

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

He was amazing at Villarreal, he doesn’t have a prestigious name like Keylor Navas reason why they will never be 100% sure if staying number 1. But he is doing well.
Oblak is an upgrade to 99,99% of the clubs, for me he is the best GK in the world right now.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tiki Funny you talk of Navas, I've seen many people compared him to Navas, its true they feel like similar kind of keeper when you think about it. I like it personally.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Tiki, hold on, do you think Oblak is better than De Gea???

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Tuan United is the 0.01% which he wouldn't be an upgrade for. :P That and maybe Bayern.